Daily Challenge - 1/15/2014

Options
dward59
dward59 Posts: 731 Member
OK, everyone.

We had the holidays off, the challenge wagon slid and most of us did too. It is 2014, new year, new promise for a better us!

So, to get you back into the swing of things we are going to have a single day challenge, but believe me, it is NOT going to be a cushy, feel good challenge. It is going to require planning, dedication, and the WILL to do it!

Your missions should you choose to accept it.

Near the bottom of your Food Diary page are your allotted MFP macros. They all mean something to you, or should! There are those you want to keep green, and some you want RED. These are Protein and Fiber. Your challenge is to make tomorrow a Red day for these two items. It can be done, but you will have to work at it, especially those protein goals. Running short on both? - Hint: Quest bars can help, but they are expensive and some people don't like them. I'm sure there are other answers as well. If you have a hint, help out your team mates and post it.

If you accept this challenge and are captured by the fat column, the secretary will disavow all knowledge of your eating patterns. Good Luck, Jim.

Replies

• 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Great challenge Dan! Even though it is my birthday tomorrow, I will make sure I make my protien and fiber RED! Maybe a few other categories as well :blushing: But red for protien and fiber for sure! Thanks for the challenge :happy:
  • cookiev1967
    Options
    Good evening! Is the fiber macros the carb column. I didn't see fiber at the bottom of mine.
  • dward59
    Options
    Good question CookieV. I guess we changed it. No Fiber isn't Carbs. Sounds like you have to change it. Go to Settings, Diary Settings and you can make your change there.
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I will certainly try!!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Ok dokey! Let's try... but I'm so bad at sodium. lol!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Oh protein and fibre I am on my way I think! I just seen this but I am all for it :)
  • dward59
    Options
    I made it. Just barely and by having a 90 cal Fiber One Lemon Bar to get those last few fiber grams.

How did everyone do today?
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I blew it out of the water lol! I haven't seen that much red in a while. Should not go to McDonalds for breakfast when doing a challenge. :ohwell:
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I made it close on protein but only got about half my fiber. Fiber is something I am usually pretty low in, I never noticed until I just checked my reports- I've only been at/over 6 days out of the past 90. My protein track record isn't much better. I need to step it up!
  • Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I didnt see the challenge until this morning. So, I went and looked at yesterday...
    not so good. made me think about these 2 Macros. I need to pay better attention to those.
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    I made protein but not fibre, I didn't even come close to that one! I don't think I ever had!!'