Challenges only mom's would understand

Options
So my goal for January, well actually 2014 was to be selfish. Not even a full week had gone by when I realized just how difficult this is for a mom. Other people say people who can't lose weight aren't disciplined enough. As a mom, it's a little bit easier to stick to a meal-plan than an exercise programme. So much can happen with your kids that can throw out your programme completely. In my case, it was chicken pox with my youngest in only my 2nd week of a new exercise programme. Does anyone have any tips or similar stories that only a mom would understand? My challenge now, to find a "flexible" exercise programme.

Replies

• Longtobelean
    Longtobelean Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have found the only thing that works for me is to involve them. I do at home work out videos and let the kids work out with me. They don't do 100% of it, but it pushes me to. Another thing I do is get on the treadmill while they are going to sleep. Then I am not just sitting watching tv while they go to sleep.
  • MSClark11
    MSClark11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My daughter is in school now, but when she's home, she gets out the mat and starts excersizing. It gives me a little push to get up and work out with her. Btw, she's only 4 lol. When it's nice out, she rides her bike while I jog with her. Play at the park, walk, wrestle in the yard. Sure my house is a little messy, but we get to have fun and I get a workout in. I'll take that over a perfect house any day.
  • jkner4
    jkner4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more frustrating than having it out of your control. Every time I'm on track, one of my girls gets sick, which means I am up at all hours of the night. No sleep = no exercise. Then, I stress eat.
  • shells1234
    shells1234 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I do my workout from home for about two months now I have consistently worked out at least 6 days a week. My kids swarm around me when im working out but it doesn't bug me. On the other hand my husband needs to lock the bedroom door when he works out. I think that you have to make time for yourself especially in stressful situations or you will let it all build up and finally explode!! I am speaking from my personal experiences.
  • Fitnursejo
    Options
    Do it for you and your kids. Being a little selfish allows you to be a better you! So you kids benefit!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM & workout from home, usually when my toddler naps. I only have 1 child & I think it will be exponentially more difficult once I have another to be able to juggle working out! I love the workouts from www.fitnessblender.com & free jillian michaels workouts on YouTube.
  • NewFitMum13
    Options
    I say the best time for a workout, so that you definitely stick to it, is work out before everyone wakes up, even if your up at 5 am. or when everyone is down for the night, even of your up till midnight! i'd rather to this than feel guilty about not doing it at all.

Im doing Turbo Fire workouts and Chalene says you HAVE to Schedule your workouts or you'll never find the time to workout. and t's true!

Hope this helps!:bigsmile: