10th day of my juice fast

Options
Today just about ends my 10th day of my juice fast. Trying to reach 14 days. The one thing I have learned I've the past ten days that I shouldn't experiment with different veggies. I tried a few deifferent things and every time was an EPIC fail. I think I will just stick to recipee's that are already established. Today was one of the worst green drinks I have ever made. It had dandilion greens in it and boy was it bitter. On a high note I have lost a good chunk of the 20lbs that I set out to loose.

Replies

• sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Today just about ends my 10th day of my juice fast. Trying to reach 14 days. The one thing I have learned I've the past ten days that I shouldn't experiment with different veggies. I tried a few deifferent things and every time was an EPIC fail. I think I will just stick to recipee's that are already established. Today was one of the worst green drinks I have ever made. It had dandilion greens in it and boy was it bitter. On a high note I have lost a good chunk of the 20lbs that I set out to loose.

Thanks for the update. I didn't even experiment that much... After the first day, of ramming everything I could find into the juicer, and hating it... I stuck to the same thing, every day.

What's your plan after you're done with juice only?
  • SqueezeTheClay
    SqueezeTheClay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dandelion greens can be tolerable if you balance it by using a little less of them and adding in another easier green, like romaine or spinach. And one trick for making any green drink tolerable is to make it with one apple, half a lemon, and an inch of ginger. The lemon and ginger help cut the bitter, and the apple sweetens it all up enough to make it drinkable. Just don't branch out and juice mustard greens, those made the worst drink I've personally experienced, it's not just tough flavor wise, it also burns.