Running Playlist give me your suggestions please

Options
Hello friends,

I am trying to put together my play list for running. So far I have been running using Pandora running station, but I think I have memorized all of the songs.

My husband copied all of his music that he has on his Google Music account to my account and I am trying to put together my list

Please share with me some of your songs that you run to and hopefully I can find them in my music catalog and create my own play list.

Thanks

Replies

• ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    What kind of music do you like? Tastes can vary widely.
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Jog.fm

I ignore th beat/cadence stuff and just find the music I like. And I am pretty eclectic. Tonight it went from Steve Earl to Macklemore to Miranda Lambert and finished with Van Halen. I love the random setting :)
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I have started running to podcasts. I listen to Another Mother Runner. Makes the time go by faster and if there is a great topic it makes me want to run so I can listen.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    What kind of music do you like? Tastes can vary widely.

I like a little bit of everything. Maybe not Hard Rock :)
  • LisaO85
    LisaO85 Posts: 152
    Options
    For me it's all about the beat. I have music from the 50's to right now. I bought a ipod shuffle so it's always a surprise what's going to come on next. Here's a couple of my favorites.

Saturday Night- Bay City Rollers
    Rock and Roll- Sons of Bill
    Dance With Me- Ra Ra Riot
    Mambo #5- Lou Bega
    Trouble- Pink
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My top go to songs right now are:
    Monster-Eminem
    Roar-Katy Perry
    Girl on Fire-Alicia Keys
    Radioactive-Imagine Dragons
    and of course the classic, Lose Yourself-Eminem
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    My top go to songs right now are:
    Monster-Eminem
    Roar-Katy Perry
    Girl on Fire-Alicia Keys
    Radioactive-Imagine Dragons
    and of course the classic, Lose Yourself-Eminem

I love those
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Currently, Timber on repeat ;)

Any song by Flo-Rida is really good for me. Also, weirdly, Mumford and Sons makes me feel like running really hard. Work B*tch by Britney, Thunderstruck by AC/DC...my musical taste is very varied, but these are the random songs I've found so far that pump me up the most. When I feel like I have to stop, I play one of these songs and can usually push through.
  • katempadilla
    katempadilla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I got the soundtrack to The Secret Life of Walter Mitty a little while back, and I love running to it. It's upbeat without excessive pounding. It's great.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    My most embarrassing guilty pleasure song is "Shake it" by Metro Station. Another rocking tune that I heard on Breaking Bad is "Apocalyp****" by Molotov.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I run to rock bands...Van Halen, Metallica, ACDC, etc... Puts me in a "I wannna smash this run" mode...if ya know what I mean lol

ETA: That is if I run with music. 90% of my runs are music free.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I have gotten good ideas on music
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    OH a must for your music list! "Right Now" Van Halen....I get peep in my step from that song....now I got it in my head...

BTW...yes I am this annoying in real life when I am sick lol...
  • jmcowan42
    jmcowan42 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like running to some post rock songs in between other faster songs by Shinedown/Imagine Dragons. I would recommend This Will Destroy You - Quiet and Explosions in the Sky and see if you like them.
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Recently added "No More Hell To Pay" by Stryper. I definitely hit peak pace when this song plays.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    try Songza, it's like Pandora but only playlist for all sorts of things, like running. It's worth a look.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses everyone