Let's get Sharted (Challenges)

Options

Replies

• Believeth64
    Believeth64 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    @ Amy that is a great weight lost, that is a great ideal when you want more, the elliptical workout is challenging.

Today I had a great day I burned 1,883 calories and made 13,639 steps although we are not counting steps this week I just shared it. Everyone is dong so good and I am so proud of you all:flowerforyou:. One thing I found was for the last few nights I've been sleeping good and getting in 7.5 to 8 hours of sleep. The next morning I feel much better and feel like I have the strength. I know by the time for bed after all the calorie burn I am so ready to lay down and get some rest, I fall the sleep fast. Now I have to stop the water little earlier so maybe I can get a little more sleep:laugh: Well I hope everyone have a good night and see you in the morning if the Lord say the same:heart:

You had a awesome day. I wish I had your stamina. I have the time, I just don't have the stamina yet... But I am working on it... I am working hard on getting my BodyMedia too, because I feel like I am doing better than what mpf and fitbit says I am.

You are right it makes a big difference, it shows your calorie in/ calorie out and then your deficit, and the online shows you your progress and it really breaks it down for you. I love it I have the one that sync with my cell phone and I can see it all day.
  • luvnevrfails
    luvnevrfails Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have a pedometer but the calories I burn are from how much I walk on the treadmill

I promise you are burning more calories than you think... Do a little research on a Heart Rate Monitor that can measure your calorie burn and that would work best for your and purpose to get one so you can get a accurate reading on your calorie burn. There are many different HRM to choose from. I currently use a fitbit zip but I am moving to a BodyMedia arm band. Previously I was using a Sportline HRM which has a chest strap and a watch. So do some research and find out what system works best for you.
  • Believeth64
    Options
    I have a pedometer but the calories I burn are from how much I walk on the treadmill

ok, I guarantee you are burning more especially if you are walking to your limit with your heart rate up for at least 30 minutes to an hour. The more I sweat the more I burn. There are days I burn 20 to 22 calories per minutes when I workout. How I know is when I log online to bodymedia it shows me ever move I make and how many calorie per minutes I was burning. It also shows like your heart beating, I just love it. I understand and I know you have to rely on the machine and that is still good. All I pray is that we keep moving and burning whatever calories we can:heart:
  • tbrp
    tbrp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I am feeling pretty motivated this week. I increased my water a bit which makes me feel good. Also got back into my exercise routine. For some reason, I have not been as good about exercising lately and I can feel the difference, so it felt good to get back on track. Now, the challenge is to stay there!
  • Believeth64
    Options
    Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the lord with all your heart, And lean not to your own understanding.

When we trust God to the fullness we don't have to worry about anything because He has it all in His Control.
    Don't worry about tomorrow because the day has enough problems of them own.

Tuesday- Pump It Up, Add at least 15 more minutes to your workout today.
    Whatever you want to do today it's fine, you might want to take an extra walk,
    life weights, swim, whatever is best for you. This is to help increase you workout time slowly.

@ Tonia, glad to hear that and that is why I started this group, to help those that are on track stay on track and those that are not on track will get back on track. Also to push us pass our comfort zone, so that we can get this journey finish:flowerforyou: .

Today I will get my extra 15 minutes in, now I don't know what I will pick but it will be something that I will get the most out of my calorie burn. Pray everyone have a great day, Keep Moving And Keep Believing:heart:
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    I am looking into getting a step. Because I would love to do the step challenges... But I have S.A. ( Social Anxiety) which keeps me pretty much home bound in my 1,200 sq foot apartment. I am starting to feel a little bit like myself again. And BAM here come my "TOM" . You all are doing GREAT!! Keep up the good work!
  • teresapooh98
    teresapooh98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I burned 350 calories today and drank 12-8 ounce glasses of water,
  • Believeth64
    Options
    @ Heather, I will be keep you in prayer because that has to be a challenge:heart:

@ Teresa, oh wow that is great :drinker: intake, also great calorie burn, Teresa that is what it's all about burning calories and what you are able to do. I know you are doing fabulous and I proud of you my friend:flowerforyou:

Well today has been one great big wonderful, exciting and glorious day. For my extra 15 minutes today I did Treadmill Intervals jog/walk. Oh my goodness it put me to the test, let's say when I was finish I was:happy: when I started i was so challenged I felt like giving up the first five minutes. You know there is power in words, then I heard Pricilla in my ear when she said last night about wish she had the stamina like me. It's not that I feel I have more stamina but it was the thought that Pricilla believe in me. All I was telling myself is I can do this just push. I prayed and kelp moving, and I know it was not that I couldn't do it, it was that I had to tap into my inner strength that God gave me and fight. I didn't tell you all first that this extra fifteen minutes was right after my regular workout. (talk about a challenge) Pricilla and Tonia go ways back with me and they know how I use to workout harder then this. I myself have felled behind and I know it's due to all this weight I gained in the past months. :ohwell: enough about this, today I burned 2,126 calories so far and I did 16,201 steps so far and I feel fabulous. Now tomorrow I am going to bring it down a little because I noticed in the past if I burn really high calories and eat low calories then the scale don't move. Friday is weigh-in and I need that scale to keep moving no matter what. I pray everyone have a good night sleep and let's pick up on this journey tomorrow:heart:

9a7b664922a8f82.gif
  • luvnevrfails
    Options
    Steps Today - 6,834 steps = 2.99 miles
    Water - 64 ounces
    Calories Burned - 585

I am really excited about getting my BodyMedia via UPS tomorrow... WOOHOO!!! I will not do my workout until I get it. :ohwell: I know that's bad but I don't want to waste another calorie... LOL. Today was a great day as far as exercising is concerned. I even planked for 1 minute... I had already did my exercising for today when I checked today's challenge so I will add it to tomorrow.

And Barbara you are such an inspiration to me, your dedication to logging in every day alone for what 849 days? is just fantabulous. I struggle with working out for 30 minutes and you bust out with 90 minutes to over 2 hours of exercising or more a day. So I am glad that we can encourage each other to press on and persevere... And yes I believe in you...

You know I was gone from MFP for months, but when I came back you were the first person I looked for...

We can do this ladies... As long as we continue to believe in ourselves, stay focused and keep moving forward, we will succeed...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tbrp
    Options
    Heather - maybe you can order one online like from Amazon?
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    Heather - maybe you can order one online like from Amazon?
    I am going to look for one at Wal-Mart tomorrow.
  • Believeth64
    Options
    Psalms 24:1 NKJV

The earth is the Lord ’s, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein.

@ Pricilla, that is great you will see the difference in the calorie burn, Thanks for all your support.:heart:

@ all our precious group members I just can't express all the love I have you all:flowerforyou:

Wednesday- Check-in, A time for sharing how your week is going so far.

My week have been fantastic so far, I manage to get my workouts done. I also was able to get back to my gallon of water. I truly feel better. I pray everyone have a great a bless day, Keep Moving And Keep believing:heart:

Today Check-in, my steps 13,967, I drank over a gallon of water, I burned 1,925 calories. I am doing wonderful on my food choices staying well within calories, well actually staying under good.
  • teresapooh98
    teresapooh98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am just not motivated to go exercise and walk on the treadmill today. Hopefully I will be more motivated this afternoon and go walking on the treadmill. I like walking on the treadmill but I don't know why on some days I just don't feel like going walking and a lot of the other machines I just can't do do to my balance and they are hard for me
  • Believeth64
    Options
    I am just not motivated to go exercise and walk on the treadmill today. Hopefully I will be more motivated this afternoon and go walking on the treadmill. I like walking on the treadmill but I don't know why on some days I just don't feel like going walking and a lot of the other machines I just can't do do to my balance and they are hard for me

I know how you feel, I have positional vertigo, I also have spondylosis, and I've had 4 major left ankle surgeries in the span of the last 5 yrs. There are days when I just don't feel like it but I just push, now i'm not telling you to push what I am telling you is follow your heart. Sometimes we just need motivation, today let's do this instead of the treadmill can you just stand in your room floor and just power walk for as long as you can. Also when you look at t.v. every time a commercial comes on by a sofa or chair or whatever you have available, stand and sit on that piece of furniture for the whole time the commercial is on. Can you do it for 5 commercials straight. If you don't want to power walk can you put on some music and dance for how long you want, the way and speed you want to. I just want to encourage you that it's just all about moving, no matter what you are doing your body will burn calories:flowerforyou:
  • tbrp
    Options
    Friends, this is not weight related, but can I ask you to pray for the daughter of a friend? This little 3 year old was fine at Thanksgiving, but is now under hospice care. Please pray for a miracle, and for the family. Thank you.
  • luvnevrfails
    Options
    Friends, this is not weight related, but can I ask you to pray for the daughter of a friend? This little 3 year old was fine at Thanksgiving, but is now under hospice care. Please pray for a miracle, and for the family. Thank you.

Done
  • luvnevrfails
    Options
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ok so I finally received my BodyMedia Armband and I must say that I am loving what I am experiencing with it. I let it link directly to mfp account, so I am not logging any exercise, but I am noting what I have done for the day in my exercise diary. As far as the week is concerned, it is going well. I am on day 16 of my 30 day Leslie Sanson's challenge "Walk it off in 30 days" and I am determined to finish out the challenge. I still am figuring out the BM and it's wealth of information, but I am very excited about how it will improve my weight loss journey.

Wednesday Stats are:

Steps = 8624 (881 counted by Fitbit before I got my BM + 7743 counted by my BM)
    Water = 56 ounces (I'm trying, but I need to get 64 ounces at least every day)
    Calories burned - 1,130 per my BM (which means I am well on track for meeting the 3500 calorie burn challenge for this week)
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday- Food Sharing, If anyone need any help with recipes, food alternatives, great snack ideals.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    What I noticed in reading my stats yesterday was that a lot of my calories come from carbs as well as my sodium levels were very high, so I have to work on that. Those web sites that you all gave me provided great alternatives and new ideas. I just need to go shopping and implement them now... lol

Have a purposeful day ladies!!! Remember, one moment at a time. We can do this!!!
  • Believeth64
    Options

I will be praying God is a healer.
  • Believeth64
    Options
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ok so I finally received my BodyMedia Armband and I must say that I am loving what I am experiencing with it. I let it link directly to mfp account, so I am not logging any exercise, but I am noting what I have done for the day in my exercise diary. As far as the week is concerned, it is going well. I am on day 16 of my 30 day Leslie Sanson's challenge "Walk it off in 30 days" and I am determined to finish out the challenge. I still am figuring out the BM and it's wealth of information, but I am very excited about how it will improve my weight loss journey.

Wednesday Stats are:

Steps = 8624 (881 counted by Fitbit before I got my BM + 7743 counted by my BM)
    Water = 56 ounces (I'm trying, but I need to get 64 ounces at least every day)
    Calories burned - 1,130 per my BM (which means I am well on track for meeting the 3500 calorie burn challenge for this week)
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday- Food Sharing, If anyone need any help with recipes, food alternatives, great snack ideals.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    What I noticed in reading my stats yesterday was that a lot of my calories come from carbs as well as my sodium levels were very high, so I have to work on that. Those web sites that you all gave me provided great alternatives and new ideas. I just need to go shopping and implement them now... lol

Have a purposeful day ladies!!! Remember, one moment at a time. We can do this!!!

Pricilla, you have to post it in your exercise yourself on mfp, they estimate if you don't post. I post my own because they are never right. You are on a roll my friend keep up the great work.
  • Believeth64
    Options
    Hebrews 13:8

Jesus Christ Is the Same Yesterday, Today, and Forever More.

Thursday Food Sharing,

@ Tonia, can you share your spinach dip again I made it last year and it was delicious.

To those who love fried chicken. I make oven fried chicken, you can use any pieces of chicken you like, however depend on the chicken pieces cooking times varies. I usually cook mines if wings for 45 minutes on conventional oven at 425 degrees. After you wash your chicken pat it dry, then spray your cooking sheet with pam spray, coat it enough for the chicken to brown, then use what you like for breading, I use house autry because I take the skin off before I eat it. Then I coat the chicken all over lay it on the cooking sheet one by one, then I spray the top of the chicken with pam spray all over to brown. Put it in the oven and there you have it look just like it's been fried and it is great. Pray everyone have a wonderful day, Keep Moving And Keep Believing:heart:

Today's Report, I really am finding my way, today has been fantastic. I burned so far 1,838, my steps 12,829 and again I drink a gallon of water. Pray everyone have a good night sleep.

9a7b664922a8f82.gif