Introducing Me

Options
Hi, My name is Angel. I am 22 years old, a wife, and a mother of an almost 3yr old little boy. I am starting this journey at 332 lbs. I have been overweight/obese my whole life. My grandmother even made my clothes for me at the age of 2 because I was short and "fat". I don't know what it is like to be skinny, or to feel confident in how I look, but I am ready to get to that place. I want to get healthy to be there for my son. I want to have more kids in the future, but I refuse to do it still in this state of health. I want my son and future kids to have a mom that is going to be around a while. The same for my husband, he deserves a wife he can be proud of. A wife he can show off. But this is not just for them..
The main person I want to do this for, is ME. It is time to be proud of myself. To change the person I see everyday. I'm tired of coming up with excuse. I know it is going to be a long, hard journey.. I am prepared to fight it out. There will be bad times during it and I'm sure there will be times I want to give up. That is why I made this group. So that we have people to push us along the way. To get us to stay with it. So lets do it. Lets get to a better us.

Replies

• hmgreenwell
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I also have about 175 pounds to lose. I have successfully lost 50 pounds on my own before but gained it back. I realize this time it's about changing my life FOREVER. Not just long enough to lose the weight. Baby steps lead to change. You can do it and so can I!
  • xAngel92x
    Options
    Best of Luck to you on your journey as well!!!
  • hopo37
    hopo37 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Kris and I just turned 40.. right now my weight is at 375.. I have been in a deep depression for 8 years until recently.. I got a puppy which actually has helped a lot.. now I have to get up and out of the house to take care of her..8 years ago before the major surgery (which I know caused my depression) I was at 225 and happy, I made myself unattractive so men would not want to be with me.. well now I am on road to please myself and not someone else! I recently joined a gym and go 5 days a week and have started making better choices when it comes to food.. I know it won't be easy, but I know I am worth it!
  • xAngel92x
    Options
    You are worth it!! We all are! I live 30+ mins away from everything though so the gas and cost of a membership makes it hard for me to join a gym. But there are still plenty of things to do around here! I look forward to seeing your progress.. Best of luck on your journey!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Inky. I've been obese for as long as I remember. My mother made my clothes when I was a child because they didn't sell clothes big enough for me in the shops. I lost about 70lbs with weight watchers when I was in my teens and again when I was in my twenties, this time with the help of a nutritionist. Then I got depressed and gained all the weight back in six months. Five years later I topped out at 409lbs and my sister recommended MFP. I thought I'd give it a try. I was gaining 28lbs a year, thought I might try to lose that a year instead.

Anyway, today I reached 40lbs gone, that's 10% of my starting body weight gone! Lots more weight to lose.

I have a wonderful dog, who also really helps me with my depression and is my constant companion. I find it hard to get out of the house, but he is very patient and puts up with a lot. He has got lots more exercise in the last few months, and is much happier as well. I also have a lovely cat who likes to come for walks around the garden with me and my dog.

Good luck to everyone - we can do this!
  • mrsctpace
    mrsctpace Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wishing everyone much success!!! My name is Carolyn, this March I will be 45 y/o. I have been overweight throughout my childhood and adult life. I've been on various weightloss programs in the past, only to lose the weight and gain it back quickly. This go round, I'm viewing this as a long process (and I'm okay with that)...I know this will be a lifestyle change that I can do for the remainder of my life. My current weight to date (Wednesday's is my weekly weigh-in) is 319.2

I have incorprated exercise on this journey. I am a pro footbal enthusiast...I approach losing each 10 pounds as "gaining a First Down (in footbal terms)"...Ten first downs will equal a TOUCHDOWN!!!!

I didn't know much about this site when I first joined, I was browsing and happened to come across it...I thought that I would remain lurking in the background (just doing my own thing and pretty much keep to myself)...well, it has been totally opposite...I've managed to befriend some the most awesome, encouraging, committed, motivated, etc. friends. Never thought I would join a group, but here I am...looking for all necessary tools to keep me succesful on my journey

Praying for everyone to have a successful journey...not that it will get any easier to lose the weight, but give us the strength to continue. #workinprogress #underconstruction
  • xAngel92x
    Options
    I think that having a weekly weigh in is a great idea. I think since I started MFP today that I will do my weigh ins on Wednesdays myself. I wish you lots of luck with your journey and look forward to hearing about it!!
  • morazda
    morazda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey!
  • megmorris2014
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Meaghan and I am a 33 year old stay at home mom of an almost 5 year old daughter and 16 month old son. I am a former teacher who resigned in October of 2013 to be at home with my children. I have had weight issues my entire life. I have been on several diets and lost quite a bit, but then would gain it right back. I met my husband in 2006 and he accepted me for who I was and loves me no matter what. During my pregnancy with my daughter, I was sick nearly everyday from months 3 to 7 and didn't gain any weight at all. My doctor said because of my weight that it was okay and monitored my daughter very closely. From months 8 till when I gave birth, I gained 20 pounds of fluids because I was slowly developing preeclampsia (?). After the birth of my daughter and my son, I lost 50-60 pounds because I just couldn't bring myself to eat. Everything made my stomach turn. People would tell me that's a great way to lose weight. I didn't think it was. I felt sick all of the time. When my appetite returned, so did the weight and then some. As of Monday, I weigh 358 pounds! YIIKKEESS!!!!! I made the decision that I wanted to be there for both of my children and for my husband, but also because I wanted to do this for me. I no longer have the excuse of I don't have time to exercise because I have papers to grade, I'm on the road for over an hour a day, I've had meetings, etc. No excuses anymore! This is a journey I have to do! I want to be a positive role model for my kids. I don't want them to struggle with their weight like I have done all of my life. I want to be able to run after them and be an active part of their day and their memories. This will be a long journey to get to my goal weight of 200 pounds. I know I will get there! I know we will all get there!:smile:
  • supawoman74
    supawoman74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Schcona. I'm also starting at 300+ pounds. I'll be 40 years old next month and have a 13 year old daughter. Luckily I've not had any health issues due to my weight, however I do have aches and pains at times. I'd like to gain more energy and have my body feel better overall.

I'm starting this journey again to lose weight, I hope to be able to say this will be my last starting over. I've started and stopped many times before, but here I am again. I've done Weight Watchers in the past. I was excited to find a group that I could relate to.

I hope that we can all encourage and support each other along the way. :smile: