Ladies - Thighs!

Options
Ejwelton
Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
hi ladies,

Apologies if this has been discussed before - but as i am new to the group please give me a little leniency in re-asking!

I am wearing trousers today that are feeling decidedly neater around my thighs.

I've only been doing crossfit for a couple of weeks (only 5 sessions) would you expect to see a difference that quickly?

of course it could just be TOTM changes in my body as I do occasionally have days where I feel bloated - but I am a little worried. as while I am happy to build more muscle I'd like to be burning the accompanying fat and therefore not gaining too many inches.

Any thoughts or similar experienceswould be appreciated

Replies

• MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    No sadly you won't see results in 5 sessions, it's probably water!
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    That's what I was hoping it'll be. I already have a smaller waist size than hips - so I don't want it to be more exaggerated!
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    As Lauren already said, you won't notice changes that quickly, but being a newbie (especially if you're new to lifting/weights in general) you will see some muscle gains in the first few months as your body adapts to the new movements, etc.
    As for burning fat and building muscle, it is a very slow and difficult process to do both at the same time. It's usually best to do a bulk cycle to build muscle, and then cut cycle to burn fat, etc. Like I said though, as a newbie you can expect to see muscle gains and probably also some fat loss in the beginning stages, but not after only 5 sessions :)
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I am about 7 weeks into crossfit. 3 weeks of on ramp and 4 weeks of real classes. I gained 10 pounds the 1st 4 weeks (it was during Holidays so my diet wasn't fabulous.) However, with the weight gain, my clothing stayed the same. I can see changes in my body as well. Now to peel the 40+ pounds of fat off of me.