Rejoining Celiac (1 yr) looking for friends

Options
Lbrozey
Lbrozey Posts: 1 Member
Good morning. I am rejoining MFP. I was on Lose It. Decided to change it up when I read the MFP was friendlier to non-US foods and to cooks. Being a celiac i do alot of my own cooking with non-mainstream ingredients. Hoping to have better luck finding them and not having to add them here. Anyway, also a fitbit user and have lost 10 pounds in last 9 months. I have 30 to go but I am not in a hurry, just want to live healthfully.

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the group.

Must admit I do find MFP easy to use and to log ingredients as I cook most stuff from scratch.
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am also Celiac.. I don't make a lot of my own foods since I can find them in the local store.. I like Udi's or Glutino products. I find it is cheaper for me just to buy the breads and freeze it.. The flours are so expensive.. I do make my own Mock rye bread every now and then but it doesn't keep well.. I find that most homemade breads crumble after a few days....

Welcome and good luck!!!
  • fattybumclaire
    fattybumclaire Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have just started re-logging after giving up last year. I have found that eating mainstream gluten free foods has actually made me put on weight as they are soooooo high in sugar and fat to try and make the cardboard edible lol!!!!! I have started eating no grains at all and cutting out most of the sugar and dairy as well. Doing ok so far since new years day - eating lots of sweet potatoes and way more fruit than normal and feeling loads better already :)
  • Naezer
    Naezer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    welcome back. I too have restarted using MFP. I am determined to eat cleaner this year and get back to the gym. I dont know why I ever stopped. It's good to have company. :flowerforyou:
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I am a celiac. 12 plus yrs. following a lot of paleo things right now. Feel free to add
  • MegFeals
    Options
    Good to see so many Celiacs on here! Gluten-free for 18 years (and I'm only 23). I cook everything myself, hardly eat any gluten free products! Good luck! :)
  • denny712
    denny712 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! It's a great time of year to find plenty of support online! I do find MFP easier to use than Lose It. I like that I can use the recipe builder to create and store the foods I eat most commonly and save them for future use. I don't eat a lot of prepared GF foods I can find in the store (other than bread products) because they just make me put on weight, so I make a lot of my stuff at home and try to stick to protein, veggies, and fruit. Feel free to add me.
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    this is my 3rd time getting back to MFP. I do really well through the spring usually, then my kids get out of summer break, and I just lose my motivation ;). But, my intention is to stay on, and since my oldest will be in summer session this year, I should be able to find the time for myself to log! Actually, last year I was doing really well until my Dad got sick, and I really lost my motivation. But I started running the past fall, and now I'm adding some workout videos since its too dang cold to go outside!
    I've been GF for 4 years or so now, and I do 90% of my cooking from scratch - very little store bought GF products. They are so high in fat and empty calories, plus I can make it myself for SO much less (I buy flour in bulk from Amazon, and put together my own flour mix). I received 3 new gluten free cookbooks for Christmas, including Gluten Free on a Shoestring, which is fantastic! But I mostly try to stick with naturally GF foods, which are healthier anyway.