My 2014 Race Schedule

Options
ok, so I have re-arranged this schedule so many times, due to the dates of the races and the fact that trying to travel with two little kids to another state to run is just not going to be feasible right now. So I have to find local races here in AZ.

This will be my first year running a Half Marathon and I am wondering if I am over doing it by trying to run 3 this year? I have one planned for October and than one which I already paid for in Novemver.

My question is are these two races too close? am I crazy for trying to run one in October and one in November? The question mark on the dates is because I am going based on dates from last year and just assuming that those will be the dates this year.

schedule.JPG

Replies

• schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    The dates are not showing. I assume the first 1/2 is the in the first part of the year and the other two the end? If so I think you are OK with three but depending upon the amount of time between the last two you probably cannot do a "full effort" for both. You decide which is "more important" to you. If you have two months in between you may be able to give both a full effort
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    The dates are not showing. I assume the first 1/2 is the in the first part of the year and the other two the end? If so I think you are OK with three but depending upon the amount of time between the last two you probably cannot do a "full effort" for both. You decide which is "more important" to you. If you have two months between you may be able to give both a full effort

I agree with this. I can see the dates, they are 2 weeks apart (other race is March). So I would do one as a training run and 1 at full effort. I did 2 HM 4 weeks apart. Planned on running the first one all out because it's a big deal event (boston athletic association) but i tanked. And i knew by mile 6 it wasn't happening so i switched my goal to just finishing, regrouped and beat my pr by 6 minutes the next race. But i had time to take a few days off after the first race.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the response. I already paid for the November race. So I will be doing that one.
  • laurasuzanne2006
    laurasuzanne2006 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    you could do the first as a training run