Coming to the UK - Looking for a Run

Options
Hiya,
I'm a Canadian returning to the UK in Feb for the first time since I moved back to the Great White North (Summer 2008). I'm coming to watch football, see friends, have a 'solo' holiday before I get married in June (my fiance is going on a Yoga retreat for her 'solo').

Thing is, your country was responsible for me putting on my extra weight in the first place!

Oliver Addams, Greggs and Pint after Pint after Pint did quite the number on me (I gained 50 lbs while I was there). I'm finally getting back into my fitness regime and starting to see results, but I'm worried this trip is going to set me back quite a bit.

Anyone out there want to go for a run with me while I'm in your country?

I'll be in Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield and Northampton. Only blowing through London for an afternoon to see West Ham @ Upton Park.

Might be a cool way to show a tourist around your city? (I've never actually been to Liverpool or Manchester, I lived in Newcastle and then Northampton when I was there).

Anyways, just putting it out there!

Jordan
Honorary Geordie

Replies

• Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    How about looking up parkrun? Free 5k every Saturday morning around 9 am and there are loads of them around the country.
  • theonly1iknow
    theonly1iknow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How about looking up parkrun? Free 5k every Saturday morning around 9 am and there are loads of them around the country.
    +1 to this, they're well organised, and great fun!