Chin up max

Options
Claude1985
Claude1985 Posts: 23 Member
Hi,

I was wondering if someone tried this and does it work? I am using the chair right now and feel like I'm using my leg too much...

Thanks!

Replies

• jsantus
    jsantus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yes! I actually bought the Perfect Fitness Perfect Pullup Assist at Walmart, which is basically the same thing. I feel like my form is better now and I too, felt like I was using my legs on the chair too much. I just got it last week and have only used it once so far. I was not as sore as I thought I should be after that first time using it, but I may just need to adjust the tension on it to give less help. I'll keep you posted after I use it again for The Challenge this Thursday!
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Once I can no longer do pull ups I usually do negatives, which means standing on stool until my chin is above the bar, carefully stepping off the stool and slowly lowering myself down. That being said, I bought the pull up assist bands at Walmart this weekend and will try them out or mix them in with the negatives

Mike
  • Claude1985
    Claude1985 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ok thanks! I think I'll order it
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I did the original P90X without it and I used the black bands, but I always felt I wasn't working as many muscles as I should have been. I tried P90X3 using a chair, but it kept sliding and just wasn't working. I ordered the chin up max and have been using it since Week 2 (on week 3 now). BEST PURCHASE EVER! It is seriously awesome, wish I didn't wait so long to get it. It is helping me gain strength - I did 3 unassisted pull ups yesterday! I can do about 10-15 with the chin up max which is really great for me! I don't think you will regret it!
  • groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wow I've never hard of that thing before. I'll have to look into it. I use the chair, and I really try to focus on my arms, but my thigh gets tired so I KNOW I'm relying on them. This seems like a great intermediary to use.
  • AngDenSti
    AngDenSti Posts: 184
    Options
    I found my pull-up assist on amazon and love it!!! Definitely worth the money!!
  • amber6108
    amber6108 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it today and should get it Wednesday! My thigh is sore when I use the chair so I know I'm using it too much! Anyone else feel like they are pulling a muscle in their forearm doing a chin up? Idk how to avoid it and it hurts!
  • AngDenSti
    AngDenSti Posts: 184
    Options
    I didn't feel anything in my forearm, but my shoulder was doing this weird popping when I used the chair. I think I was putting pressure on it the wrong way. Being able to give yourself a little help allows you to do your pull-ups with perfect form! I don't have any popping anymore!!
  • amber6108
    amber6108 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mine used to pop too all the time but not today (haven't done them in forever) hopefully this chin up helps!
  • guerin
    guerin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started using the chin up assist instead of the chair and I saw a big difference. With the chair I was actually getting a leg workout :-)
  • maxiefit
    maxiefit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just realized this past weekend that taking one of the tubes out of the Chin Up Max makes it harder, not easier. Clearly I was confused when I was putting it together. Eccentric Upper was a whole new experience once I figured it out!
  • Mypcool
    Mypcool Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know Im late to the party but I bought for about 15$ in Canada (you can probably get it for 65 cents in the states:) what looks like a giant rubber band for chin up assist. It does the same as the more expensive stuff but for cheaper. The downside is that you cant adjust it.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents.
  • badbull69
    badbull69 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I got it for xmas, Santa Claus read my list..LOL.

I love it, and you can adjust the strap to a longer or shorter stretch, you can also adjust from one to three resistant bands. My next purchase is a pull up stand. I will feel a little more secure, cuz I have busted some trim off a door already, when I was doing pullup with knee ups in total synagestics..and no, there is no video..but it was funny as hell!