Any MTG players?

Options
GSNewberry
GSNewberry Posts: 11 Member
Avid Magic the Gathering player here, anyone else? Have you seen the leaks/sneak peaks for the new Theros set?

Replies

• jstur14
    jstur14 Posts: 30
    Options
    I play mostly just on my iPad now, Used to get the cards and play with friends but they all stopped played awhile ago so it kinda died out so just play here and there on iPad.
  • GSNewberry
    Options
    I haven't actually played online at all, seems interesting enough. I still play tabletop. :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    . I don't remember the name of the expansion that was out when I last played but I think it was around 8th edition, 2002? 2003? I used to play quite a bit with friends but as jstur14 says, I stopped when my friends did. I still have my cards stored somewhere and would love to play again if I could find a group somewhere. I did the online thing too for a little while through Xbox Live but it wasn't the same for me.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I use to play back in the day. Have not played since 2002 however.

I wont the Junior Super Series in 1998-99. Help pay for college.
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am a casual player with some friends. Tried the Xbox 360 version and hated it. I started playing Hearthstone instead and LOVE IT!
  • hisaku
    hisaku Posts: 19
    Options
    I only play table top too, haven't seen anything from the new sets last year. Makes it harder when less ppl play auntiquity or whatever bracket that was Type I. So any cool new abilities?
  • Noflexing
    Noflexing Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I played a lot of magic the gathering online and went to a lot of FNMs at local card shops. Magic the gathering online can get very expensive because you have the option of paying the similar 5$ FNM fee whenever you choose to on magic online. heres a link to the new theros spoilers called Born of the gods. http://www.mtgsalvation.com/born-of-the-gods-spoiler.html i didn't play much of the of the first expansion because i felt like it was broken with the mono black be the most dominate and played deck. i'm looking forward to playing this new set.
  • GSNewberry
    Options
    I have to say I LOVE the new set. If even for just the art. Have a favorite out of the new set?
  • GSNewberry
    Options
    Hisaku, check this out: http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/article.aspx?x=mtg/tcg/bornofthegods/cig. I still play a lot of antiquity, albeit some of the cards are banned, but still a blast at home. Elvish Piper <3. Tribute is something new with this set, looks like other players are required to pay a tribute (which places counters on your creature) if the other player doesn't pay tribute the creature gets another ability (haste, etc.) Pretty neat concept.

Never heard of Heartstone, I'll have to check that out!

That's badass AK!
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    </raises hand!>

me, me, me!

went 4:0 at the pre-release for Born of the Gods on Feb 2.

LOVE Born of the Gods - running 3 Flame-Wreathed Phoenix in my mid-range mono-red hella burn deck tomorrow for FNM - need a 4th, but ah, well.

Love the spoilers, here: http://mythicspoiler.com/

Have been collecting black as the art is so beautiful, and I am looking to brew a mono-black soon.

Also working up a BR minotaur deck. Looking to use my Door of Destinies, and hoping to score several Mogis, God of Slaughter!

=^x^=
  • Noflexing
    Noflexing Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I agree with the art being so cool. I really look all the detail and time they put into each card. its like going to a museum looking at each card lol.

i scooped out on the born of gods prelease, went 0-2. i'm not a great limited player at all. I like constructed standard. I'm have a pretty good naya aggro (g/r/w) deck that i think has the tools to beat the top tier decks. oh and hey i actually opened a mogis, god of slaughter in a booster pack that i bought a few days ago, i don't know why i couldn't open it at the prelease :(
  • Ready2Loose75
    Ready2Loose75 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty active player. Just played FNM standard tonight. Played a creatureless BUG Planeswalker deck. It did better than I expected, but I still have some work to do with it if I want to make it more competitive. Beat some mono-blue, but lost to GW and an odd BU deck. Pretty lucky we have a very large and strong Magic community in Atlanta. Quite a few good shops with tournaments pretty much every day of the week. SCGO next week!
  • DJHudgins
    Options
    I used to play every weekend with my friends. Then I just sort of got out of it. I still buy cards from time to time though. I have upwards of around 8000 thousand cards. Not bought any of the new sets though. Thought about getting back into it one day. Feel free to add me on here too :)
  • octoberlightning
    Options
    I play a little online but I mostly like to play casually with a couple of friends when we have time. I'm far from good at it (I have only won 3 games in my 2 years of knowing it lol) but I really love playing it. I made me a life deck and I gotta say, 2 out of those 3 games I've won was with that deck so it's a pretty decent deck. It's nice to see that there are a few MTGers on MFP! :)
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Here is some old school MTGness

http://www.wizards.com/sideboard/article.asp?x=JSS99/welcome

that is me on the right (1999)