Intro

Options
StephanieL14
StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
Hi ladies!

I'm almost 22 weeks pregnant with my first pregnancy. I was getting into good habits while we were TTC, but once I got pregnant my energy went waaaaay down and I stopped my workouts. With that came bad food habits. Now that I've got my energy back, I really want to reintroduce healthy habits and stick with it for the rest of my pregnancy (and after). I'm 5'4 and was about 145 lbs when I got pregnant. I'm at 165 today. I've put my calorie goal at 2000 per day and will (try to) focus on getting the nutrition baby and I need rather than just watching the calories. Would love any input!

What types of workouts are you doing? I have an elliptical I'm hoping to use for at least 30 mins per day. I also signed up for a prenatal yoga class (not an intense workout by any means, but definitely worthwhile).

Replies

• dmcb24
    dmcb24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 22 weeks tomorrow :-). Pre pregnancy I was 127 lbs at 5'1, this is my 3rd pregnancy. I never lost the last 7 lbs from baby number 2 so I started higher than usual. I used to spin4-5 days a week and weight lift 3 days. I have an umbilical hernia and spinning makes it worse so my dr told me to only walk now. I have been walking for 20-30 mins and ellypticl for 20-30 mins and I will still weight train 2 or 3 days a week just using very light weights. In the beginning of my pregnancy I couldn't eat healthy just carbs and junk. I am finally able to start eating healthy again. I still have some junk food but I am trying to keep it within my calorie range. I am adding 300 cals per day to my current calorie needs. I have it set at maintain for now. I haven't been feeling hungry so I think this is good for me for now. If I feel hungry I will eat.

So far I have put on 16 lbs. In my prior 2 pregnancies I put on most of my weight in the first 2 trimesters and balanced out in the 3rd. Hoping to keep weight gain to 30-35 lbs like I did with my other 2.