Week 3 weigh in

Options
Morning everyone, from a thankfully much cooler Australia!

This week, all of Australia was hit by one of the worst heatwaves on record. Most places lingered between 42ºC (107.5ºF) and 45ºC (113ºF) for 5 days in a row. Made exercising outside very difficult, but water intake much easier!! Thankfully, the cool change came through yesterday, and it was possible to actually sleep last night!

Anyway, onto the weigh in, photos and stats:

SW: 125kg (175.6lbs)
Last week: 125kg (175.6lbs)
This week: 122.7kg (170.5lbs)
Net loss: 2.3kg (5.1lbs)

Exercise: 220 minutes this week, averaging out at 31.5 minutes per day
Water intake: 8 glasses (2L) per day average (!!!! - one my of key NSV's that I've been aiming for)

Photos were taken 8 days apart, due to me having a busy and anxious day on Friday, so postponing until Saturday morning.

11880366885_490c80e65d.jpg

12003653054_f55d936495_z.jpg

Not as obvious as last weeks, but I'm pleased to see my crazy twisted back is straightening up and my butt is tightening! :smile:

Anyway, this coming week will be a big test - I'm moving states on Wednesday, so there's going to be a lot of juggling food and exercise requirements with travel, setting up and staying with family members. Anyway - GOOD LUCK to everyone! I have faith in you all! Mwa!

-Coolchick207

Replies

• boulevardMto180
    Options
    kudos to you CoolChick.... congrats on your loss!
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Right on coolchick!!
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Way to go Cool chic! 5 pounds in a week is amazing progress.
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I finally lost a little!
    Sw:182
    cw: 180.6
    lost: 1.4lbs

and inches!! I was shocked, every part of my body was down at least 1 inch since two weeks ago! So even though my weight has not changed much, the hard work is paying off. Wanted to be 179 but I'm happy right now :)
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I finally lost a little!

Well done! That's an awesome achievement!!!
    So even though my weight has not changed much, the hard work is paying off.

Yay, NSV!!! Isn't it remarkable how much our bodies are changing with this change of lifestyle? Very proud of you, Tara!!! *internet non-creepy hug*
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    SW 188.1 (week 2 new scale).
    CW 178.8

I am not very thrilled with the slow movement of the scale. I have seen the scale drop to 178.1 and go back up to 178.8 this week and back up. However, the difference I feel in my jeans is great. My pants are fitting much better.

Congrats everyone on your lose, and NSV's. They are all encouraging!
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing myself Fridays and am trying to stick with one weigh in a week,

Sw 148.4
    Lw 146.4
    Cw 144.4
    Goal 140
  • morzolas
    morzolas Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    SW: 203.5
    CW: 199.7
    GW: 191.5
    Loss so far: 3.8 lbs.

Even though it wasn't a WOW loss this week, a loss is a loss is a loss! I refuse to let myself think I "only lost" a small amount of weight when my efforts to put my health first have been stellar. If I lost what I lost this week every OTHER week for the rest of the year, I'd still be down over 20 pounds. When you think of it that way, it is a meaningful impact. One of my favorite quotes I apply to my fitness is

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that time to the best possible use." - Early Nightingale

My water intake has been great, my diet has been great, but my exercise needs more of a push. It was my first week back to "real life," so I think I did well taking that into account. Normally I would've just indulged and given up by day three. Here I am not even feeling tempted to stray. Feeling good and ready to face this week!
  • morzolas
    morzolas Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Exercise: 220 minutes this week, averaging out at 31.5 minutes per day
    Water intake: 8 glasses (2L) per day average (!!!! - one my of key NSV's that I've been aiming for)

That's so awesome that you're seeing both NSV and scale victories! Best of luck this week in your busy schedule.
    I was shocked, every part of my body was down at least 1 inch since two weeks ago! So even though my weight has not changed much, the hard work is paying off. Wanted to be 179 but I'm happy right now :)

This reminded me to take my measurements! That's so great to be able to see inches AND pounds. Nice little surprise for you after a slower start.
    I am not very thrilled with the slow movement of the scale. I have seen the scale drop to 178.1 and go back up to 178.8 this week and back up. However, the difference I feel in my jeans is great. My pants are fitting much better.

This is one of the reasons why if I have a not so great week I really avoid the scale. It's so easy for something so immediately measurable to override all the other great things I've accomplished (eating well, losing inches, more energy, etc.). I am glad that you can still focus on how your jeans fit. When your clothes fit better, you will ultimately exude the confidence, which does wonders for your looks. Congrats!
    I have been weighing myself Fridays and am trying to stick with one weigh in a week

That's a great loss! Awesome job!
  • lilmidnightwolf
    lilmidnightwolf Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Down to 165.8
    Lost only 0.2

But I'm good with this due to I have been working a lot more than usual and maybe building muscle... I know they are getting tighter so I will accept this.... I know I'm doing good and staying motivated so Go Team!!
  • emilynbanks
    Options
    SW: 181
    CW: 178.5
    GW for challenge: 160
    UGW: 120

Lost some weight and feel skinnier! Woo!
  • Dawn810511
    Dawn810511 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Down to 159.0 today. WooHOO! I'll take that. Lost 6 lbs so far since my starting weight.
  • mpadil11
    Options
    No new weight loss this week...hoping for that to change for next week's weigh in.
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    I finally lost a little!

and inches!! I was shocked, every part of my body was down at least 1 inch since two weeks ago! So even though my weight has not changed much, the hard work is paying off. Wanted to be 179 but I'm happy right now :)

yayyyyyyy so happy for you!
  • funkichik
    funkichik Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    SW: 184.6
    Last week: 181.0
    CW: 180.0 (-1.0)
    Total Loss: 4.6

Third Week Goals:
    Exercise: Pilates 3x
    Water: 8+ glasses a day
    Food: eat more protein
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    SW 188.1 (week 2 new scale).
    CW 178.8

Congrats everyone on your lose, and NSV's. They are all encouraging!

But the scale is moving. That's all that matters. Keep up the hard work!
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    SW- 237.4 lbs
    CW- 234.4 lbs (-0.6 this week)
    CGW- 220 lbs
    UGW- 180 lbs

Only -0.6 this week. I've tweaked my sodium and carb macros just a bit. We shall see next week!!!!
  • Fodao
    Fodao Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    SW: 237.6
    CW: 234.0 (-1.4 this week, -3.6 total)

I'm chugging right along. Hitting my -1.5/week and then a little to spare.

For 6 of the 7 last days, I managed to trek 2+ miles around town for my daily active exercise -- racked up 42 miles on the Fitbit this week. To start prepping for backpacking (the motivation for all this work!), I stuffed 25 pounds' worth of college literature books into a backpack to carry with me.

I'm thinking about doing an overnight snowshoe trip at the end of the month to treat myself.
  • holdthemustard
    Options
    Well, I gained just under 3 lbs this week. It gets to the week before and then anything loaded with calories especially chocolate finds it's way into my mouth. I also was unable to walk due to the extreme weather we had here. I know excuses right. I know what I did wrong and why I did it. So let's start again. Sw 202.4lb.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hi there! *waves*

I found this through Dawn810511.

I've committed myself to eating healthy and exercising this year. I started on January 1st and on January 6th I joined a 12 week challenge at my local gym.

My starting weight was 183 lbs. on January 1st, just 5 lbs. short of my heaviest weight in the last 5 years. I lost 37 lbs., but then a tailbone injury waylayed me and I gained 32 of it back.

Here are my week 3 stats:

SW: 183
    Last week: 176.5
    CW: 177

I hit 174 mid-week but I'm back up to 177. I'm not too worried, I feel like I've done well this week. I've hit 383 minutes out of an estimated goal of 280. I've burned about 2500 calories from my workouts that I know of. I bought a fitbit yesterday to help me track my steps and stuff.

I've been the opposite here in Colorado. You've been experiencing REALLY hot weather, but it's been pretty cold here. We seem to have warmed up a little bit this week. At least I can see the sun and that's helpful! I think it got up to about 30F here, which is nice and warm! lol