issues with up app

Options
hi all so i've had my up band for almost 2 weeks now and i absolutely love it! butttt I'm having a problem with the iPhone app, i have all the notification settings turned on both in the app itself and in the phones settings but for some reason i never receive the notifications throughout the day, i.e. no daily move updates, no workout summaries, and no daily sleep recaps. also in the 2 weeks I've had the band I've only hand one today i will. has anyone else experienced this problem? i have readjusted the notification settings several times and even deleted and redowloaded the app after restarting the phone at least 3 times and only once did it bring back the daily move notifications which lasted for 2 days then stopped again. does anyone have some advice??

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what notifications you're talking about. To see your sleep data, you have to put your band into sleep mode at bedtime, then wake it in the morning, plug the band into your smartphone or tablet (unless you have an UP24), and open the UP app to sync.

To see your step based activity, sync as above & open the UP app. Non-step based workouts can be logged in MFP. You'll be asked for start & end times, so MFP can override your step data during that time.

When you sync your band w/ the UP app, it sends your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) to MFP if you've connected your accounts at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/97 If you've burned more calories than the MFP activity level you chose, you get a calorie adjustment.

MFP sends your aggregate meal data to the UP app. Food will not sync from UP to MFP.
  • ccthin2011
    Options
    yes i see all of those but periodically throughout the day its mean to pop up on your iPhone reminding you to get moving, or that you have a "today i will" to achieve, if you look in your app under settings you'll see notifications those are what I'm trying to describe but they don't seem to work
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I've never gotten any notifications. Did you contact Jawbone customer service? (They take a long time to get back.)
  • ccthin2011
    Options
    No I haven't but it seems when I delete the app and redownloading the notifications start working again. How many "today I will" challenges have you received I've had my band and app for almost 2 weeks and I had one. Is that normal?
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    "Today I will" challenges only started w/ a recent update. I had one when they started + one in late December.

Since we log our food in MFP, we'll never get food-related ones.