September 2014 Babies

Options
Hi Ladies!

After AF being 9 days late and kept getting repeated BFN.. finally got a positive pregnany test yesterday after i had booked myself into the docs to see WTF was going on!

I was here a few months ago, was due in May 2014 but unfortunately found there was no heartbeat at the 12wk scan, it seems the baby hadn't made it past 10w3d roughly

I had a d&c in November, and my next cycle was BANG on 28 days again, so at first i thought my cycles were just out due to the miscarriage, however due to horrible mood swings and a spotty face i was sure something else was going on!

Very excited to be back here, and fingers toes and eyes crossed that everything goes well for this little one! (previously that was my first pregnancy)

Hubby is super paranoid this time round with me exercising too much, i've been doing crazy TapouT XT recently which obviously i will be stopping, planning on lots of relaxing yoga and walking - i've been banned from my running for now by hubby! haha!!

Looking forward to sharing my journey with some other Sept Ladies! x

Replies

• hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    As you know I am due in May. But I wanted to say congratulations! You deserve it! Fingers crossed.
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm due in the beginning of September, so it may be late August.

My DH is paranoid about me exercising too much to. I'm very into running, but will probably switch to swimming/pilates/elliptical soon to keep him happy. ;)
  • jgolden3
    jgolden3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I too, found out today that I'm pregnant! Of course, I'll be making an appointment with the Dr this week to make sure all is well. I had a miscarriage last July so I'm a little nervous, but I have faith that it's just fine. After all, the Lord has carried me through so far.:))) According to my calculations, I'm due Sept 28. I'm excited and I'm glad I found this support group!
  • moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I've had 3 miscarriages (at 6 weeks, 14 weeks and 8 weeks). I am pregnant again, and now under the care of an RE, taking thyroid medicine etc. Hoping this is the one! I'm due Sept. 26. Good luck ladies!
  • BeautifullymeForever
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS Hollie!!! I am due in September as well this is my 1st pregnancy and I am so excited nervous :)
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    Sorry ladies i had some bad news again! A week after finding out i was pregnant i started bleeding and seems i had a chemical pregnancy!

:(

I thought my hcg seemed low at only 50, went to the hosp this week with slight bleeding and cramping and it was only 38, this week its just like AF is here

Though i'm not upset with this one, because it didn't progess to the stage where i had anything to lose, fingers crossed for next time at least i know i can easily get pregnant, 3rd time lucky hey! x
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm due early September (9th). I am in the middle of my 10th week and have had morning sickness (mostly in the form of nausea and only a little vomiting), Exhaustion (whoo am I tired all the time!) and headaches :( I have actually lost about 3 lbs since finding out I am pregnant, mostly do to the nausea and the fact that nothing sounds good to eat. I've had a hard time with food and sadly its really become more a chore as of late. I used to run regularly (ran a marathon in December) But for the last month I have been so utterly tired and fatigued that I haven't run at all.

This is my husband's and I first child! We are both super excited! I've had my first Dr's appt. last month, but am really excited for my next one scheduled for next week (20th) I should be able to hear a heartbeat then so I am both excited and nervous at the same time. I know the chances of miscarriage are highest in the first trimester so I am really looking forward to starting the next! I don't know about any of you, but I definitely have worries about losing the baby (which is why I cant wait for the next appt! I want to make sure the little guy is still there growing and healthy!
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm currently 9w pregnant with baby #2, due Sept 20th. I'm finding this pregnancy a bit different from my first. This time around I have morning sickness, which seems to be worst late afternoon/supper time, but is mostly nausea and I can still count on one hand the number of times I've actually vomited. I'm wearing Sea Bands pretty often, and eating a lot of carbs to settle my stomach, which is leaving me feeling...jiggly. Up 4lbs right now. I gained 36 with my first while eating healthy (mostly) and exercising right up to my due date, so hoping not to go above that number this time. Otherwise I have the usual fatigue, some days worse than others, and the pregnancy insomnia I had during the 3rd tri last time kicked in right away this time around. It could be a long time before I get a good night's sleep again! Looking forward to the 1st tri being over with so I can get back to normal. The fatigue and morning sickness are keeping me from eating the way I like (I love veggies but they're unappealing right now) and my workouts are hit or miss because I'm either too tired to go to the gym when DH gets home from work, or I'm paranoid about needing to vomit during my workout (it's a long run down the hall to get to the bathroom on time)!
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, OP! :(

I'm due with my 3rd Sept 25th, but I'm pretty sure I will have an October baby b/c we bake them longer in my family! lol I gained 45lbs with my previous 2 pregnancies (delivered at 196 with my first and 183 with my second) and was able to lose it all both times, but it takes me a long time! Breastfeeding doesn't equal weight dropping off to me! lol It took me 18 months with my first to lose the pregnancy weight and 15lbs more. With my second, it took a year and I was working out pretty hard! Unfortunately, I gained about 15-20lbs since summer time, so I'm starting this pregnancy at 145lbs. (I'm 5'4") I'm really hoping to NOT gain 45lbs again, even though I did work out and eat pretty healthy with my second pregnancy and still gained that much. I'd love to deliver in the 170's this time!!!

I can't just eat at maintenance. I need to eat about 2000-2100, but I'm trying to make up for it with exercise. I am lucky to not get morning sickness. Just fatigue! I'm a runner, but have found I can no longer keep up with the pace I was doing or go as far. So I'm doing a lot of incline walking on the treadmill, and WHEW, what a calorie burner! I definitely recommend it! I'm trying to also continue to lift, but lightly, sticking with mostly body weight exercises.

I'm 9 weeks currently and have gained 5 lbs. I'm making peace with it! lol I've been so bloated, I already prefer maternity jeans over even sizing up with regular jeans! I just can't stand the pressure on my pubic area.

I've had two hospital inductions and am hoping for a home birth this time! I'm so excited when I think about laboring and delivering with privacy!!! No hospital lighting or random people walking in and out of my room or being hooked up to a monitor and unable to get out of bed! Anyone else going a similar path? Anyway, excited to meet other September 2014 moms!!!
  • auntkk28
    auntkk28 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry Hollie:(

I'm due with #4 September 6th though I expect to go at least a day or so early as my last one was a day early. I was at my goal weight last summer but after my mom passed away in July I just gave up on everything and ended up gaining 20 pounds back by the time I realized I was pregnant! I did manage to lose about 5 pounds early on but the nausea and fatigue took over so I gained 4 back. I'm starting week 13 tomorrow and I feel a lot better so I'm back to exercising, walking when I can and working out on my elliptical at home. My goal now is to stay active to keep my weight gain in check. It's hard for me to see the numbers go up as I used to weigh 220 lbs. at my heaviest and managed to get down to 123 lbs. within 3 years. I'm also so hungry with this pregnancy and in the beginning with the nausea I pretty much gave in to any craving I had. I just stocked up on loads of fruits and veggies so hopefully my hubby will stop buying junk food (we both do the grocery shopping). Would love to have some preggo friends on here to help me motivated, feel free to add me and I have an open diary:)
  • meggwyn
    Options
    How is everyone feeling? I can't believe I'm already over 10 weeks now! I don't have my first appt until I'm 12 weeks, which kinda seems like a long wait! lol I finally started feeling more energetic the past few days. I don't get morning sickness at all, but I always get SO tired in the first trimester. I'm trying to be more consistent with working out to try to tone up a bit before the stomach pops! lol I'm one of those pregnant people who always gain, even when eating healthy and exercising, so it should be no surprise the see the scale keep moving up...but its still annoying! lol I just wanted to see what everyone else was up to! :)
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Options
    Hi Ladies! How is everyone doing?

I am 16 weeks today :) had a busy weekend. This last Thursday I got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time and was really excited about that. Saturday we made the trip to go tell my Husband's parents. It went well and they seemed really excited about it! We still have to tell his sister who is also pregnant... and drum roll... due in September - both of these will be our first. Since they also live out of town I sent them a goodie bag with gifts for now and later including a onesie that says "I love my Cousin" and a picture of our ultrasound. They should get it tonight or tomorrow. While out of town I also visited a friend that just gave birth in January, she and another pregnant friend told me about a place that does ultrasounds and can do a gender determination as early as 14 weeks.. but guarantee it at 16 weeks! WHAT! you mean I don't have to wait until April 22!!! I am so in! I called and made an appt for this coming Saturday! I am so excited to see if it will be a girl or a boy! Can't wait!

meggwyn - how did your first appt go? I was also a runner before and also found that my pace and distance both slowed as well. Now that I am in the second I feel like I have more energy to pick up the pace a little :)
  • meggwyn
    Options
    Destanie_Roby, that is so exciting that you got to hear the heart beat!!! My appt went well. I had a dating ultrasound to confirm my due date of Sept 25th. It was pretty awesome to see a little baby in there! :)

Unfortunately, my kids keep getting sick and passing it on to me, so I keep getting derailed on my exercise efforts. I can't wait to be healthy again and to get in some good work outs. Especially if it ever decides to warm up for good! lol I love jogging and walking outside. We did have a nice few days where I got to go bike riding and pull my almost 3 year old in the bike trailer. It was SO hard! LOL I guess riding bikes must work some totally different muscle groups, so I'm hoping to keep up with it for a while until my balance starts to go.
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Options
    Unfortunately, my kids keep getting sick and passing it on to me, so I keep getting derailed on my exercise efforts. I can't wait to be healthy again and to get in some good work outs.

Sorry to hear that! I hope your whole family starts to feel better soon!
    We did have a nice few days where I got to go bike riding and pull my almost 3 year old in the bike trailer. It was SO hard! LOL I guess riding bikes must work some totally different muscle groups, so I'm hoping to keep up with it for a while until my balance starts to go.

LOL this cracked me up because I was riding my bike to work regularly before my pregnancy and had to switch over to a parking pass for Jan - Mar due to having to drive out to a nearby town for work. Yesterday I rode my bike for the first time since becoming pregnant and man, it felt like I was sprinting the whole way and I was barely moving! I was so exhausted! I couldn't believe how hard it felt! I'm not sure if it was the pregnancy or the lack of riding for 3 months but either way it was brutal!
  • meggwyn
    Options

LOL this cracked me up because I was riding my bike to work regularly before my pregnancy and had to switch over to a parking pass for Jan - Mar due to having to drive out to a nearby town for work. Yesterday I rode my bike for the first time since becoming pregnant and man, it felt like I was sprinting the whole way and I was barely moving! I was so exhausted! I couldn't believe how hard it felt! I'm not sure if it was the pregnancy or the lack of riding for 3 months but either way it was brutal!

I'm so glad its not just me!!! I was all excited that it was a nice day and I wanted to go for a really long ride. Well, I was seriously out of breath and my quads were KILLING me within the first 5-10 minutes! I also hadn't ridden a bike since last summer, so maybe that was part of it, but in any case, brutal is the right word! lol