training suggestion please

Options
Hi All

just after a few suggestions I will be starting back to the gym in the next few weeks and was planning to train every lunch break, the plan is to do weights as my cardio will come from walking to and from work. will only have a 40 minutes to do my session. so was wondering if anybody had some suggestion for how to plan the week

my plan was going to be

Monday - chest + biceps
Tuesday - legs
Wednesday - back Abs
Thursday - shoulders - triceps
Friday - full body on machine weights

looking forward to all your hel

Replies

• russyg
    russyg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hiya
    When I was a lot trimmer than I am, I used to have a home gym and would alternate between upper and lower body.
    Did the low weights high reps to shift weight, then gradually increased the weights to tone and build muscle.
    The walking to work will continually keep the legs happy (especially if there are hills!) so I wouldn't worry too much on those.

I'm looking at starting on weights again to help shift the weight, but due to lower back trouble (and my bulk!), cant do anything more than dumbell work to get the heart rate up and try and tone the arms/chest.

Good luck to you!!
  • perrymick
    perrymick Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was looking on MFP this morning for info on strength training and I found to no surprise that there's lots on here.

I was looking at this 5x5 training ( http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/ ), but as I know nothing regarding this I was going to post later to see what info I could get.

I'll keep a look out on your thread to see what peoples thoughts are in general.