Clothing

Options
Here's a thought: when does everyone buy new (smaller) clothing and do you save the old ones?

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Since I've got a long way to go yet I do still have all my clothes.
    I COULD get rid of some of it as I'm now 10" smaller in the waist than when I started this, despite only being 25 lbs down on the scale (had lost 39 lbs regained 44 and am 25 down from that new peak) Obviously along the way I changed my body composition. I'm in a smaller size shirt but the larger ones aren't "that much" larger that I'll just ditch them when they still have lots of good life in them.
    I won't buy "NEW" clothes but I will get new to me, the "NEW" stuff awaits for when I'm closer to my goal when I may even opt for a real treat and get an outfit tailored rather than picking something off the shelf.
    Along the way I buy new to me at thrift shops, yard sales etc. Never know. I knew I wanted a wind-breaker for being on the beach in the summer, sure enough the thrift shop had one and it was in my size... $3 went a long way to feeling good and having something of benefit. Though I DID donate a lot of my older smaller clothes, I was no longer interested in hanging on to that $4 new shirt for me at the future small size.. I'll get something worth it when the time comes.
  • Curvalicious_Cat
    Options
    I'll them once my clothes start to look ridiculously baggy on me. hahaha I think I'll also keep my largest jeans and shirt so I can always remember.
  • tiffrn82
    tiffrn82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to buy clothes. According to the scale, ive lost 45 pounds but I haven't really lost a size. I was only able to wear smaller bras, lol. Smaller at the top and although, my stomach and bottom half look smaller I don't fit a smaller size yet, its actually making me think this isn't actually working. I don't anticipate holding on to any clothes, not a big fan of the clothes I wear now, I don't wear most of them because I like them, I wear them because its about all that I can get to fit.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Tiffrn.....I loss my weight more on top than on bottom as well it can be very discouraging at times
  • Samthefrog
    Samthefrog Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have stuff with tags that I never even wore and probably don't fit now that I've lost some weight! I guess I'm a bit of a shopping addict.:blushing: Also, I am not very good at estimating size, so I've ordered a few pairs of pants that were too small, so I have stuff to wear. I also kept a lot of what I "grew out of" so I have stuff to wear for a while. I think once I get back down past size 26 I'll need to go shopping again because I gave away those clothes a while ago to the interview clothing closet they had at work.

I should burn all the stuff I can't fit into anymore so there's NO TURNING BACK!! Well, I'll donate it.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    goodwill dont ever want to be back there
  • tiffrn82
    tiffrn82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    oh i got the huge hanging stomach that although may be getting smaller, is still huge, so damn mad at myself tonight for letting it get that bad
  • Samthefrog
    Samthefrog Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Tiff, I know how you feel about the tummy. I have one too! But I figure, every week, it's getting smaller. I can't beat myself up about it because it just makes me upset. Your body is beautiful at any weight. Sorry, that's so cliche, but it's all a part of you and your journey. Just think of it as something that shrinking with each healthy choice you make everyday!
  • kapenrose
    Options
    Being angry at yourself will never amount to anything but hurting yourself in any number of possible ways. I was angry for a long time. I was even angry with my ex husband and my mother. I thought "How could they let me gain this much weight?". The important thing is that NOW we are moving forward to better our lives. Yes we have hanging stomachs and floppy boobs, but we are doing something about our health, and our insides. Hang in there TiffRN82.