Green Team Week 14-Letting Go

Options
tambam72
tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
Good Afternoon Ladies:
After watching last night's show, I think the main theme that hit me was when Jillian was talking to Jennifer and why she couldn't get over her fear. How many times have you heard yourself saying I can't do this or I am not good enough. For me, it has been too many times to count, that is why it is so important to me to finish this challenge, no matter what it takes. I have always given up, given up on myself, but not this time!! This week I would like everyone to set a goal..whether it be a weight loss goal or not and if you want share it with us and then I want you to go for it. Tell yourself you can do it!! My goal is I would really like hit 175lbs this week, which would put me 20 lbs from my goal and I would like to hit 155 my goal weight by the end of this challenge, I can do it, if I put my mind to it. Let go of your limitations and look outside of the box. Your body will only let you do what your mind allows it.
As for a challenge, I think Jesse has the right idea with doing a half marathon. I would like to see everyone try to complete one, whether it be walking, jogging, biking etc..just get to 13.1 miles. Let's us know what you did. Make sure you add hills to it that was the hardest part of the challenge last night is they had to climb that mountain.
I will post the official challenge when I get it. Hang in there girls, we have this!! You all rock and we are the team with most hanging in, so AWESOME JOB!! This alone shows that we have the determination to see this journey through!!

:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: KEEP ROCKING LADIES:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

Tammie
(Your determined, not afraid to let go coach)

Replies

• jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good Evening. Today was an "I can" moment. To overcome "I can't" and to begin to step into another chapter. No one can ever take today away from me. No one can ever replace today's memory.

Today I ran my first half marathon of 13.1 miles. I ran it in 2:46:11 with an average pace of 12:40. I had 5 total hills for a total of 784 feet of elevation gained. I got to see the best view ever overlooking the pacific.

After my half marathon I had my one year physical. My doctor shook my hand. He was proud of where I am come. Last time he saw me my BMI was 54 my current BMI is 33. 8 months. And I was still seeing the fat girl in the mirror.

What blew my mind even more was hubby taking me to shop at Victoria Secret. I have never been able to wear there stuff. Haven't been in the store in years. Last time I went was with a friend who always went at the time. She bought me a scarf as a consolation because I was too fat to wear any of their stuff. Today I bought larges. How is that possible. I still have a fat roll.

The hardest part of my half marathon was about an hour and a half after. I wasn't hungry and really I didn't mean to forget to refuel. We had made lunch plans and I almost blacked out waiting for my sanwhich. Hubby and I decided it was time to come up with some alternatives to refuel that are heavy on my stomach. Learning to refuel and not be afraid of weight gain is a reality I now face. I'm not just loosing weight. I'm creating a new life style and I'm training as the athlete I have become for my first marathon. So its time to start thinking like one.

We watch BIggest Loser last night as a family. As the contestants were talking about life off the ranch. I started to think about the fact that I am 50 lbs from my goal weight. But more importantly I am 50 lbs closer to another new adventure that scares me. It scares me to think that I'll have to learn to maintain and not loose and it's coming. It's coming faster than I can imagine.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good Evening. Today was an "I can" moment. To overcome "I can't" and to begin to step into another chapter. No one can ever take today away from me. No one can ever replace today's memory.

Today I ran my first half marathon of 13.1 miles. I ran it in 2:46:11 with an average pace of 12:40. I had 5 total hills for a total of 784 feet of elevation gained. I got to see the best view ever overlooking the pacific.

After my half marathon I had my one year physical. My doctor shook my hand. He was proud of where I am come. Last time he saw me my BMI was 54 my current BMI is 33. 8 months. And I was still seeing the fat girl in the mirror.

What blew my mind even more was hubby taking me to shop at Victoria Secret. I have never been able to wear there stuff. Haven't been in the store in years. Last time I went was with a friend who always went at the time. She bought me a scarf as a consolation because I was too fat to wear any of their stuff. Today I bought larges. How is that possible. I still have a fat roll.

The hardest part of my half marathon was about an hour and a half after. I wasn't hungry and really I didn't mean to forget to refuel. We had made lunch plans and I almost blacked out waiting for my sanwhich. Hubby and I decided it was time to come up with some alternatives to refuel that are heavy on my stomach. Learning to refuel and not be afraid of weight gain is a reality I now face. I'm not just loosing weight. I'm creating a new life style and I'm training as the athlete I have become for my first marathon. So its time to start thinking like one.

We watch BIggest Loser last night as a family. As the contestants were talking about life off the ranch. I started to think about the fact that I am 50 lbs from my goal weight. But more importantly I am 50 lbs closer to another new adventure that scares me. It scares me to think that I'll have to learn to maintain and not loose and it's coming. It's coming faster than I can imagine.
    Congratulations to you. You are an awesome lady and inspire many. I agree it as a scary concept to cget closer to goal the goal, but we must face it. No longer can we hide behind the layers that we put on to protect us from all the bad, but what I have found on my journey is if your are honest and let people see the real you, the ones that are meant to be in your life will support you no matter what. Know that I will always be here for you. I understand the whole "fat" girl concept , I still see that girl in the mirror and often when referring to myself and helping others as the fat girl. People tell me to stop and even laugh when I tell them I went to lose 20-30 lbs more because they tell me that I look fit and healthy now.
    Even scarier is that I have been asked to be a Zumba coach and to lead a walking program at our local school to help fight childhood obesity. I can only believe that this is where my journey is supposed to lead me. I want to help fight childhood obesity. If someone had only encouraged me, showed me, and worked with me when I was young, maybe I would not have spent my whole adult life struggling and fighting. So let's be afraid together, acknowledge, but let's not let it holds back. Let us celebrate these new parts in our journey and know that we are setting an example as a team that others will follow.

Tammie
    (A very very proud coach)
  • tambam72
    Options
    Godo Morning Ladies:

*******Official Challenge**************- WE CAN DO THIS LADIES!!!

THE CHALLENGE
    At this point in the Biggest Loser game play is really starting to take place. Bob had the contestants work together to complete a relay-type challenge. I already mentioned that I would like to see us work together as a team, so this week we are going to challenge our opposing teams. We are going to walk/run/jog as many miles as possible this week. We are also going to do squats and push ups. Keep track of how many you do and report back to your team. Captains will then total the numbers and get them to me with the teams weigh-in next Tuesday. The team with the most Miles/Reps completed will get an extra 10 points.

At the beginning of the episode this week the contestants played a game of Curling. A lot of the contestants mentioned that this was new to them and that they had never played before. In addition to the competitive challenge, I want everyone to challenge themselves to try something new… This can be a new exercise class, a new rep, or even a new healthy food. Think outside the box and have fun with this. Don’t forget to share your adventure with your team.

Recap:

*Get moving and rack up some points

Walk/Jog/Run:??
    Squats:??
    Push-Ups:??

Total:???

*Try something new, ANYTHING!!! Everyday is an Adventure
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies:
    Please let me say how proud I am of our team. We not only rank with the top 3 Biggest losers, but also as the Biggest Loser team so far. Here are the stats:
    Green Team ~Down 82.1lbs and 6.21% (6ppl)
    Blue Team ~ Down 14.6lbs and 3.37% (2ppl)
    Orange Team ~ Down 11.4 and 2.52% (2ppl)
    Purple Team ~Down 9.3lbs and 1.68% (3ppl)
    Red Team ~ Down 1.5lbs and 0.39% (2ppl)

Top 3 (Percentage loss from day 1)

Jessepwrs has lost 44.4lbs and 16.44% (Green Team)
    Tambam72 has lost 17.7lb and 9.09% (Green Team)
    Jfea has lost 16lbs and 6.31% (Green Team)

Please let me extend a big thank you for letting me all go on this journey with you. Please check the main post for week 13 to see the challenge that I threw out there for the other teams.hehehehehe..let the games begin!!

Tammie
    (Your humble but proud coach)
  • Tolstoy26
    Tolstoy26 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow great job Tammie, Jesse, and Jfea!!!

For the challenge this week, I will add some extra push-ups, squats to my daily workout. As for the walking, I will try to get in a couple of long dog walks this weekend, since I live in a sketchy neighborhood I'm not able to walk before or after I go to work (still dark) right now :grumble:

As for the something new, last night I started a yoga program, which will be once a week for 3 months. It was awesome, if ya'll haven't done yoga before I would definitely recommend it, it felt so amazing to stretch out my back and really build up my core. Also very relaxing!
  • tambam72
    Options
    Awesome..sounds like fun!! Hope you have a great week!!

Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    Hi Ladies:
    I started the challenge today and 21089 steps which is 10.54 miles. This was a combination of doing stairs 15 minutes, a half an hour on the treadmill at 4 mph, 60 minutes of spin, and an hour of circuit training. I also did 35 squats and 20 push ups. All added about 3 hours of working out and I feel great. Hope everyone is working hard!! I want to try and do a half marathon at the gym this weekend. Jesse inspires me!! Have a great night.

Tammie
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    Wednesday = ran 13.1 miles, walked 1 mile, 10 squats
    Thursday = ran 5 miles, walked 1 mile, 10 squats

Today is a rest day for me. However I will do some squats and pushups tonight.

Tomorrow I have a 10k Forrest race as well!

So far this week I have lost .2 lbs. I have a feeling since my mileage is up that my weight-loss may be down especially going I to my period. But I am so proud of what I have done that one small loss week is ok.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Wednesday = ran 13.1 miles, walked 1 mile, 10 squats
    Thursday = ran 5 miles, walked 1 mile, 10 squats

Today is a rest day for me. However I will do some squats and pushups tonight.

Tomorrow I have a 10k Forrest race as well!

So far this week I have lost .2 lbs. I have a feeling since my mileage is up that my weight-loss may be down especially going I to my period. But I am so proud of what I have done that one small loss week is ok.
    You shoud be proud, you my lady are AWESOME!! You may see a bigger drop tomorrow after you rest the muscles and some of that lactic acid releases. Have a great night.

Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    5 miles on the elliptical
    5 miles on the track
    50 squats
    30 elevated push ups

Tomorrow going to do a half marathon at the gym..to do something different I am thinking of putting on my 40 lb. ruck sack. I know it will slow the time down, but will increase the calorie burn. Wish me luck!!

Tammie
    (The crazy I think I am going insane coach)
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    Friday = 10 squats
    Saturday = 6.2 miles ran, 1.6 miles walked, 15 squats

Yesterday's 10K race thru the national park was awesome. Had an absolute blast! My 5K split was 35:55 and my 10K time was 1:15:30 overall an amazing day. Plus my mom ran the 5K. I had my first slice of my favorite pizza since is tarted my weight loss journey 8 months ago. Biggest difference between then and now. Now I eat 1 slice not 3-4. Also I prefer a vegetarian slice with pesto no meat.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Friday = 10 squats

Yesterday's 10K race thru the national park was awesome. Had an absolute blast! My 5K split was 35:55 and my 10K time was 1:15:30 overall an amazing day. Plus my mom ran the 5K. I had my first slice of my favorite pizza since is tarted my weight loss journey 8 months ago. Biggest difference between then and now. Now I eat 1 slice not 3-4. Also I prefer a vegetarian slice with pesto no meat.
    Awesome times. Honestly lady, I do not know how you run every day. You must be passionate about it because as for me I am not big fan of it. I love to workout, but I like variety. Maybe if I lived somewhere warm where I could get out every day it would be better. You are awesome as always!!

Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good Evening ladies:
    Yesterday I tried to do a half marathon with a friend and we got 8.5 miles in and she just couldn't go anymore. Today I went by myself and I did 16.04 miles in 3 hours. 10 miles were done on the elliptical because I can simulate running and hills without crushing my knee and tearing the ACL anymore. The other 6.04 miles was done on the track walking. Not the best time in the world, but this is a first for me and I have something to improve. I have to say though I am not a big fan and would not do this a lot. I love 5k and even 10k, but this not so much. I crashed about an hour afterwards and felt sick to my stomach and my blood sugar actually went high (which I never have a problem with) and I still do not feel the best several hours later. I also did 40 squats and 20 push ups at the end and 10 minutes of stretching. Since we are expecting 7-8 inches of snow tonight, I know what at least part of my workout will be tomorrow. I will be hitting the gym tomorrow night, but not as hard as the past few days.
    Hope everyone is having a rocking week and I will post the link so everyone can weigh in. Have a great night.

Tammie
    (Your completely exhausted but satisfied coach)
  • tambam72
    Options
    Ladies here is the link to weigh your self in and put challenge info or you can feel free to email or put your info on here. thanks a bunch. Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmlUg0_HS-yVdEpYX3pDazMzNjR4ei1HS2xDY19VY1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Tammie
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    Friday = 10 squats

Awesome times. Honestly lady, I do not know how you run every day. You must be passionate about it because as for me I am not big fan of it. I love to workout, but I like variety. Maybe if I lived somewhere warm where I could get out every day it would be better. You are awesome as always!!

Tammie

To be honest I don't know how I run. Then again I see your workouts and go how does she do the eliptical every day. Gym classes etc. the weather here averages 55 degrees f and during the winter this year many runs have been in 38 degrees. The fog is thick. But each day I lace up my shoes I am overwhelmed by the freedom I find on the road.
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    Tammie, That post big run crash can be easily avoided by taking in 100 calories every 45 minutes. Anything over 5 miles you should treat this way. I have been learning the hard way.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Tammie, That post big run crash can be easily avoided by taking in 100 calories every 45 minutes. Anything over 5 miles you should treat this way. I have been learning the hard way.
    Thank you Jesse. I will indeed bring snacks the next time. However what I found funny is that I never have blood sugar issues except once in awhile it will drop low, but I can tell when that is happening, but sugar spiked. Feeling yucky, I checked to see if maybe I had missed it. It was 162, which is high for me. I normally run between 80-90. I am wondering if it is because my body had to use reserves..not sure. What disappointed me even more is that the scale was up a pound this morning..ugh. Sometimes I swear i have no clue what I am doing on this journey, but I do know I just have to keep pushing forward. I love the elliptical because it really does simulate running for me. I do not even hold onto the bars but rather pump my arms and use core and legs to keep me steady and go all out..normally 5-6 miles per hour.
    Glad you are having a great week.

Tammie
    (Yup hitting the gym again tonight coach)
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies:
    I was a little discouraged this morning because I was up almost a pound on the sscale..last week 177.1, this week 178, but I know I worked hard this weekend. 41.89 miles from Thurs- Monday , 105 quats and 40 pushups. Some weeks you just have to the bad with the good. Hoping for a better loss next week, Thanks to all of those that weighed in. Have a great day!!

Tammie
    (Scratching her head wondering why coach)
  • Tolstoy26
    Tolstoy26 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I believe I entered my weight correctly in the spreadsheet...162.5 lbs this week. I wasn't sure how to do the points, but I walked 2 miles and did 60 squats. Sorry I haven't been very active on here this week, been dealing with a lot of family drama that has been making it hard for me to be motivated to lose weight. Hoping to shake it off this week and refocus.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Ok Ladies is the post I posted in the WEEK 14 CHALLENGE:

Green Team as team completed the following as part of the challenge:

Miles:84.79 x 10=847.9
    Squats=260
    Push ups=90.

I hope that this is ok. Great job ladies!!

Tammie
    (Green Team Coach)