HELLO!!! Hello!! hello!!!

Options
alsunrise
alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
Where's everyone at? I know I disappeared for quite a few months, but I didn't expect this board to be so quiet!! Hollar if you're still active!! I cleaned off my friend list and need to add back some active people.

Replies

• Charocheris
    Charocheris Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been really busy at work but just decided I need to get back into this. I don't want it to suddenly be May and I am trying to lose the last few pounds, lol
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    HELLOOOOO! I'm still here!!!
  • alsunrise
    Options
    hey Jen!! Guess what??!! My husband and I joined a church Sunday. It's so nice to finally (officially) have that home church.
  • skinnylady2014
    skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm still here although took a month-long break last month.

Am curious as to HOW you found your church. I am in that process and it is hard. Also, it's just me.
  • alsunrise
    Options
    we didn't find it, God lead us to it. Here's the story:

We were actually visiting two other churches. One was just really lively and had a great preacher (we still love that church, Zion) was more old fashioned (Forest), but we had a relationship with the pastor (we had been at a previous church with him).

So the Forest pastor started pushing for us to join their church and he kept hinting that he wanted me to be their Music leader. (now let me just say that I had sung exactly 3 times in front of other people and I sang with someone else, not alone and he had only heard me once) And I kept telling him that God hadn't showed us where we wanted to be yet and I wasn't ready to commit a church.

So one Sunday night he sends me a text pushing us to join, and yet again I told him we weren't ready to commit. He pretty much accused me of making the decisions alone and not discussing it with my husband. (which we were discussing it). So I told my husband, "I'm going to let you decide where we go next Sunday". he replied, "how about we just let God decide?" And I said, "Ok, well, what I'm saying is that we're going to let God tell YOU where we're going next Sunday"

Soooooo... the next day my husband arrived home early from work, he was outside tinkering around and someone pulls up, hands him a bible and an invitation to the church we're now members of. We started going there the next Sunday, and that same night I did my first solo there. We've been going there since.

My suggestion is just to keep looking until you walk into one and you have that 'at home' feeling. We felt it the first day. I think the most important thing when you are looking for a 'home' church is to really focus on the spirit of a church when you are there.
  • skinnylady2014
    skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Alsunrise, thanks for your detailed response! Yes, I too hope to find a good fit.

Best wishes utilizing your musical talents!!