Good Catholic apps?

Options
I've been reading through some of these discussions, and there's a lot on prayer and exercise. I was wondering what are some good apps that you use? I've started using Laudate and I read about Mary, and I'm excited to use it! Any others you would recommend?

Replies

• kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I use the Bible app by YouVersion for all my bible reading plans. This has really helped me to keep up with my reading as I always have a phone/ipad with me and can use any down time to read some verses. So many bibles and translations and reading plans on it so everyone should be able to find something that fits them.
    I am now using the Mary app for my daily drive rosary recitation and soon my nightly outdoors walk/run rosary recitation.
    I would be interested in hearing of others that are good
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Laudate. It has everything. And it's free!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    is laudate better than divine office? does anyone know enough about both to compare? thanks
  • LittleonebeforethethroneofGod
    Options
    The apps on my ipad right now. Pope Francis app, offers a free pictures with quotes by Pope Francis. I share them to Facebook every day that I can remember. ThePopeApp - from the Vatican keeps me updated with what is going on with the Pope. Vatican.va - keeps me updated with everything Vatican related. MeaCulpaPro- a free examination of conscience. Bible - It has the entire Catholic Bible, RSV Second Catholic Edition on it, as well as lot of other nice things. I have iBreviary on here. I like that much better than Laudate because I can download the office in English, Italian, and Latin.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I joined twitter to follow the Pope because I thought it's really cool he tweets... Oh, and Abby Lee!
    Options
    Yes, it is really cool that he tweets almost every single day!!!!
  • Lucky1016
    Options
    Laudate is awesome! I also like MeaCulpa for examining my conscience and preparing for Confession. I also like the Divine Mercy app.
  • bushidowoman
    Options
    is laudate better than divine office? does anyone know enough about both to compare? thanks
    Laudate includes the Divine Office, daily Mass readings, Saint of the Day, Stations of the Cross, Rosary, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, various Catholic prayers, a Confession guide, Catholic media (like iCatholic radio), the Catechism, NAB, Douay-Rheims, and Vatican documents. The rosary section includes podcasts, so I can listen/pray the rosary while running. :smile:
    Options
    Laudate includes the Divine Office, daily Mass readings, Saint of the Day, Stations of the Cross, Rosary, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, various Catholic prayers, a Confession guide, Catholic media (like iCatholic radio), the Catechism, NAB, Douay-Rheims, and Vatican documents. The rosary section includes podcasts, so I can listen/pray the rosary while running. :smile:

I did not know that it included the CCC. Is the CCC online or can you access it offline through Laudate.
  • bushidowoman
    Options

I did not know that it included the CCC. Is the CCC online or can you access it offline through Laudate.
    Oh, I guess you have to be online to use it. Mine is on an iphone.
  • TammyLML
    TammyLML Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi Y'all,

EWTN has a great app that I use on my iPhone and my Kindle. It includes the RSV-CE bible which I love, and you can also purchase the Truth & Life Dramatized Audio New Testament which is amazing! The app also has all kinds of links, EWTN news, radio & tv. Podcasting & all sorts of goodies.

I also use Laudate and another missal app on my Kindle (I think it's just called "iMissal" but I'll double check...) I like both very much!

I've got one on my phone called "Confession" but I might have to check out Mea Culpa - that sounds similar. And iRosary, tho I confess I don't use that as much - I have a really great download of The Scriptural Rosary from Franciscan University that is wonderful, especially when you're on the go!

I've just come back to MFP after a 2 year absence - looking forward to getting to know y'all. :)

Wishing you a blessed Lenten journey!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options

Oh, I guess you have to be online to use it. Mine is on an iphone.
    The Catechism, and the Compendium can both be found at www.vatican.va
  • geekysciencenerd
    geekysciencenerd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There is a great app called The Truth & Life Bible app. It is free to read all of the Old and New Testament, but what's really awesome is that for 20 dollars you can have all of the audio New Testament and all of the Scott Hahn Ignatius Study Bible for the Old and New Testaments. I never thought I would care much for an audio Bible, but it is really awesome! There are also links to Catholic news articles and the daily Mass readings.