WEEK 14 CHALLENGE

Options
Aprilstar480
Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
Hopefully this all make sense. I did my best, please let me know if you have questions, concerns or would like to see something done differently. -Kasi (Aprilstar480)

Green Team ~Down 82.1lbs and 6.21% (6ppl)
Blue Team ~ Down 14.6lbs and 3.37% (2ppl)
Orange Team ~ Down 11.4 and 2.52% (2ppl)
Purple Team ~Down 9.3lbs and 1.68% (3ppl)
Red Team ~ Down 1.5lbs and 0.39% (2ppl)

Top 3 (Percentage loss from day 1)

Jessepwrs has lost 44.4lbs and 16.44% (Green Team)
Tambam72 has lost 17.7lb and 9.09% (Green Team)
Jfea has lost 16lbs and 6.31% (Green Team)

Since we have had so many people drop out I think it would be a good idea to regroup in order to keep support and motivation at its best. Yellow team has not weighed in yet but I think it is just a communication problem and expect to get there numbers soon. After looking back at where they stood before the holiday’s I think we should combine them with the Purple Team. Then we will group Red, Orange, and Blue together. Green team seams to be handling their own pretty well so we will leave them as is. Hopefully this will even us out a bit.

This is the link to our current spreadsheet. I don’t know how to do the formatting so I calculated all the numbers myself. If you see any errors please let me know… I’m only human.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmlUg0_HS-yVdEpYX3pDazMzNjR4ei1HS2xDY19VY1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

I don’t know how many of you have been tracking points but as of now, I’m only going to do team points. It’s just too many numbers for my little brain to keep track of if I were to do individual points. This means from now on we are working as a team.

All members COMPLETE the challenge = 10 points
All members at least ATTEMPT the challenge = 5 points
Attempts were made but some were INCOMPLETE = 2 points

So every team will get points each week but support and motivation is needed to keep your friends moving!!!

The Biggest Loser team of the week will also receive an extra 10 points

THE CHALLENGE
At this point in the Biggest Loser game play is really starting to take place. Bob had the contestants work together to complete a relay-type challenge. I already mentioned that I would like to see us work together as a team, so this week we are going to challenge our opposing teams. We are going to walk/run/jog as many miles as possible this week. We are also going to do squats and push ups. Keep track of how many you do and report back to your team. Captains will then total the numbers and get them to me with the teams weigh-in next Tuesday. The team with the most Miles/Reps completed will get an extra 10 points.

At the beginning of the episode this week the contestants played a game of Curling. A lot of the contestants mentioned that this was new to them and that they had never played before. In addition to the competitive challenge, I want everyone to challenge themselves to try something new… This can be a new exercise class, a new rep, or even a new healthy food. Think outside the box and have fun with this. Don’t forget to share your adventure with your team.

Recap:

*Get moving and rack up some points

Walk/Jog/Run:??
Squats:??
Push-Ups:??

Total:???

*Try something new, ANYTHING!!! Everyday is an Adventure:bigsmile:

Replies

• Aprilstar480
    Options
    I posted threads for the new teams... Please check in there. Green team, you are good to go with your current thread since your team hasn't change. Also, Yellow team has checked in so I will get there number updated shortly.
  • 77chantelle
    77chantelle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great, thanks
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Hello!

My name is Renee and Im on the orange team. I have not weighed in since the holidays because I was not sure if the group was still active. I'm here and I want to finish what we started.

Kasi~Thanks for taking on the task of keeping the group running! :flowerforyou: Please let me know if I need to give you my weigh ins. Also, If possible, can we have a list of the members on the "new" teams. Thanks!

Good Luck Everyone!!!
  • tambam72
    tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    First I would like to say Thank You for Kasi for taking all of this on. It is a big ubdertaking, so please ladies bear with her, if things do not run smoothly. I also think that the challenge looks awesome, but one question, may we count all miles because I often do spin or use the elliptical rider or is it just walk/jog/run miles?
    For me, thinking outside of the box is to do a new bootcamp class. It may kill me but well you won;t change if you do not challenge yourself.
    I would be up for doing some bidding and competing if any other team would like to bet how many miles, squats, push ups, they will do againt our team? Then the loser would have to give up something for next week or take a pound hit on the challenge. Is anyone up to make this game a little more exciting?
    Have a great day!!

Tammie
    (The crazy will try anything once Green Team Coach)
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Renee, glad to here you are still with us! If you have your current weight please get it to me asap so that you will be on track with the rest of us.

There is a spreadsheet titled New Teams (look at the tabs on the bottom). Here is the link to the spreadsheet and a list of the new teams.

YELLOW/PURPLE

Gtdattitude
    Pfil
    SkinnyNSweet822
    mmommaj
    ljdanny
    katonaroof

GREEN

Tambam72
    Jfea
    sexyparti
    Tolstoy26
    Evilove139
    Jessepwrs

BLUE/RED/ORANGE

Justformel
    MichelleP418
    kyoung1908
    77chantelle
    kaylikee
    Loveme445

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmlUg0_HS-yVdEpYX3pDazMzNjR4ei1HS2xDY19VY1E&usp=drive_web#gid=2

Tammie, Elipticals are fine. I wasn't gonna allow bikes because its a lot easier to rack up the miles with a bike but I guess if everyone has that option it will all equal out in the end... My point was to get people moving, so sure bike miles can count too.
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love the challenges for this week. If is a great way to start things off. For my personal challenge this week and since my dr recommended I add fish into my diet. I am going to try fish. As I have no fondness for it ever I am glad hubby has stepped up to the plate to make it. And here is to hoping I like it so I can get my good cholesterol up.

Congrats to everyone. Your dedication to stay and keep being apart of this awesome group is a testament to who each of you are.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    So, I didn't think the point system through very well. I want Miles to count for more than the reps so please use this format when totaling your points. Sorry for the confusion.

Walk/Jog/Run:?? (x10) =
    Squats:??
    Push-Ups:??

Total:???
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    not sure if i will be able to do the push ups as i got a phone call from my dr today that i have a tear in my shoulder, the squats i will definitely try, will be a challenge as i have bad knees so there won't be many there, but i do love walking.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Renee, glad to here you are still with us! If you have your current weight please get it to me asap so that you will be on track with the rest of us.

There is a spreadsheet titled New Teams (look at the tabs on the bottom). Here is the link to the spreadsheet and a list of the new teams.

YELLOW/PURPLE

Gtdattitude
    Pfil
    SkinnyNSweet822
    mmommaj
    ljdanny
    katonaroof

GREEN

Tambam72
    Jfea
    sexyparti
    Tolstoy26
    Evilove139
    Jessepwrs

BLUE/RED/ORANGE

Justformel
    MichelleP418
    kyoung1908
    77chantelle
    kaylikee
    Loveme445

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmlUg0_HS-yVdEpYX3pDazMzNjR4ei1HS2xDY19VY1E&usp=drive_web#gid=2

Tammie, Elipticals are fine. I wasn't gonna allow bikes because its a lot easier to rack up the miles with a bike but I guess if everyone has that option it will all equal out in the end... My point was to get people moving, so sure bike miles can count too.
    Kasi,
    I really don't mind if you want to throw the bike miles out..I just happen to do spin classes a couple a nights a week , which is a little different than regular biking because you add tension. It would probably do me some good to jog rather than bike..get my butt off the seat lol. Thanks for clarifying. The elliptical is good though especially for us with knee issues, it sure beats running every day on that pavement. Thanks again.

Tammie
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    not sure if i will be able to do the push ups as i got a phone call from my dr today that i have a tear in my shoulder, the squats i will definitely try, will be a challenge as i have bad knees so there won't be many there, but i do love walking.

I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder. How bad is it? Would you be able to do Wall Push-ups maybe or Chest Presses with a lighter weight? Squats are meant to work the legs/glutes so you could do Glute Bridges or Hip Thrusts if that's easier on your knees. Miles are worth 10 points per mile though so get out there and walk... You can rack up some good points for sure:smile: I don't want anyone hurting themselves so feel free to adjust as needed. Just keep moving!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Absolutely love the challenges for this week. If is a great way to start things off. For my personal challenge this week and since my dr recommended I add fish into my diet. I am going to try fish. As I have no fondness for it ever I am glad hubby has stepped up to the plate to make it. And here is to hoping I like it so I can get my good cholesterol up.

Congrats to everyone. Your dedication to stay and keep being apart of this awesome group is a testament to who each of you are.

Mmmm... I LOVE fish! Try to find a good fillet. If you don't care for fish right now, you probably don't want to go cheap. Get Halibut, Salmon, or Swordfish maybe. Ask the butcher or fish peddler or whatever you call that person that sells the fish to help you find the least "fishy" fish. Sounds funny but they will know what your talking about:wink: Check your spice aisle for seasonings specificly made for fish also. They have some really good blends that will compliment the flavor of your fish well. I wish I had a magic recipe to help you out but like I said, I love fish so I'll eat it with salt, pepper, and a little lemon:bigsmile:
  • Pfil
    Pfil Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Tilapia is a great intro fish - some lemon pepper seasoning and then under the broiler for a few minutes and it becomes flaky and delish! Squirt of lemon juice and you are on!
    I also LOVE tuna steaks. Salt and pepper both sides of the steak, sear in a hot pan (I use my cast iron), let sit on each side as you watch the cooking line move up towards the center then flip it and do the same. Rare in the middle is perfect!
    I will serve that with a homemade wasabi tartar sauce and a green vegetable. Tartar sauce : Some pickle relish, some greek yogurt or low fat mayo (depending on calories!), some salt and pepper and an optional squeeze of wasabi paste if you want a little heat kick.
    I don't measure the sauce - I just mix together until the consistency is right. :)
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    Hubby made fish tacos with seasoned cod which is really available here. Wasn't half bad. Not my favorite meat but with plenty of veggies and salsa I can manage it. Lol we are going to get talapia next week. And just keep trying til we find one I love. Wish shrimp counted!! I could eat them by the truck load!
  • tambam72
    Options
    Well for something new this week, one of the ladies inspired to do a half marathon at the gym. Jesse you rock!! On Saturday, I attempted it with a friend, but after 8.5 miles she had to give up , so I did too. Today I went back to the gym and using the elliptical rider , so that I can simulate running and hills (bad left knee with torn ACL), I completed 16.04 miles in 3 hours. 10 miles was done on the elliptical and 6.04 miles was done using the track. Wow I am exhausted and it gave me a great appreciation to people who do these a lot. Hope everyone is having a great week. It seems quieter in here than I thought it would be.

Tammie
    (Green Team Coach)
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    Tammie. You did more than a half marathon which is 13.1 miles. I am so very proud of you!! Great job on your journey. I am proud of you.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies:
    Here are my stats from the challenge this week: 41.89 miles from Thurs- Monday , 105 quats and 40 pushups. I am a little sad that my weight went up, but know that the effort was there. Have a great day!!

Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    THanks Jesse. You inspired me to do it!! You keep me pushing!!

Tammie
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Wow Tammie.... Great job on the miles!!!

Don't forget to weigh-in today and get your totals either to a Captain (any of them on your team) or to me by 8pm. Great job this week!
  • tambam72
    Options
    Green Team as team completed the following as part of the challenge:

Miles:84.79 x 10=847.9
    Squats=260
    Push ups=90.

I hope that this is ok. Great job ladies!!

Tammie
    (Green Team Coach)