new friend here :)

Options
Hi, everyone.

I just signed up and the first thing I did was to look for other tall women. So glad to have found y'all!
My name is Elizabeth and I am 6' tall. I used to be 6'1and a half, but I've had back surgery several years ago and lost the inch and a half. I was actually upset when that happened...I am *supposed* to be over 6' tall.

I just had my second surgery in 6 months (bunion surgery on both feet) so I am a bit immobile at the moment...but have already lost 14 pounds since second surgery. A lot of that is probably water weight since the surgery was 2 weeks ago...but at least it's going in the right direction. I've been eating about 5 times a day, basic food (lots of veggies and salmon and no bread right now) and exercising as much as I can (in bed right now!) and very, very carefully on my recumbent stationary bicycle. I have to put pedals on my heels and be careful not to move my toes too much right now. I'm not walking at the moment but have a knee scooter to get around. I gained 25 pounds with the last surgery and it's been pretty tough.

Anyway, just dropping by to say hello.

Replies

• ElleSinclair82
    ElleSinclair82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A warm welcome to you Elizabeth :)

It sounds like you've had a bit of a rough time of late, but we are all here to help and support you.

The very best of luck

Elle
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hello! I echo Elle - we're here to help and support. Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP & the Tall Women group! Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey. We are all here to support you