Crossfit newbie

Options
Ejwelton
Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
Hi everyone, I've just discovered crossfit. I've done two sessions so far and am really enjoying it.

Replies

• Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've just discovered crossfit. I've done two sessions so far and am really enjoying it.

Welcome, I'm about 6 weeks in now!!! Although I'm kind of bummed, I overslept for the 9am class today :(
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I am a totally newbie too. I've done three intro classes at different Boxes and am starting my On Ramp classes next week. Until then I am going to try to do either

AMRAP x 12 minutes
    5 Burpees
    10 kettlebell Swings
    15 air squats

or

AMRAP x 12 minutes
    5 push ups
    10 sit ups
    15 air squats

3 times a week just to build up a little bit of a base.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Hi :) You can add me. I've been at it for almost three months
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I've just completed my 3rd session :)

My core is seriously ouch - abs and lower back
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Hooray and welcome!
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you guys! Feel free to add me, if you're looking for CF friends.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Love crossfit. Countdown till everyone you know that doesn't CF gets sick of you talking about in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

But seriously. Soo much better than any regular gym I've ever been to.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I am a totally newbie too. I've done three intro classes at different Boxes and am starting my On Ramp classes next week. Until then I am going to try to do either

AMRAP x 12 minutes
    5 Burpees
    10 kettlebell Swings
    15 air squats

or

AMRAP x 12 minutes
    5 push ups
    10 sit ups
    15 air squats

So I start my On-Ramp tonight and I did ZERO of the workouts I said I was going to do! WHOOPS. I think I am going to be in for a VERY sore Saturday!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

AMRAP x 12 minutes
    5 Burpees
    10 kettlebell Swings
    15 air squats

or

AMRAP x 12 minutes
    5 push ups
    10 sit ups
    15 air squats

So I start my On-Ramp tonight and I did ZERO of the workouts I said I was going to do! WHOOPS. I think I am going to be in for a VERY sore Saturday!

You will be, but it is a good sore!!! I'm 7 weeks in and my BFF stated I sounded like an old lady standing up at lunch yesterday! But I'm loving every minute of it!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I've just completed my 3rd session :)

My core is seriously ouch - abs and lower back

That was the case for me for a couple of months. Crossfit exposes your weak points without mercy, that is for sure.
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you all! You're going to love it. Feel free to add me if you're looking for CF friends!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add.

I've been add it for a year, but I just took a 6 week break. I"m right there with you on the pain. Stick with it - you will definitely see results.
  • SWFrick
    SWFrick Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add....

In a few more weeks you'll be buying the Buck Furpees shirts etc..... then Wod-Killer socks then adding the Pinterest crossfit boards...it's a process, enjoy!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Welcome all...I love crossfit, been at it 8 months now and I love it. Sore a lot of days, but no pain no gain, right!!!!!!
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm new-ish too, I started doing onramp in Oct. then a couple weeks of classes before being diagnosed with arthritis in both knees and taking off. I just went back yesterday and wow am I sore! The class I went to was amazing but only offered when I'm at work so I'm searching for the right fit. It's the only workout I've ever actually liked.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've done a few classes, but did my second fundamental class tonight.
    Learnt technique for skipping and press ups.
    Then set my 5 rep max for press and push press