Stupid Red Letters

Options
:sad: Sorry I've been kind of m.i.a. lately. I slipped on some ice on the stairs on our deck on Monday. Fell and hurt my back and my hip. Went to go workout yesterday and all I could do was walk. So here I am on Wednesday morning, doctor's orders to take it easy the rest of the week. So how do I keep myself in line when I can't workout?? I'm still walking and I have cut back the amount of calories but now I keep getting the *You're eating too few calories" Any ideas?? I don't want to lose my pace that I'm on.

Replies

• SoniaBlenkhorn
    SoniaBlenkhorn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you hurt yourself. It sucks when we get put out of commission. My only advice is to not worry about cutting back more on the calories because you can't workout. If you don't eat enough, your body will go into starvation mode and hold on to every little calorie you consume. It's counter productive, as you won't lose any weight. Just stick as closely to your daily allowable calories, keeping them as healthy as possible. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • lad323
    lad323 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ouch! I hope you are feeling better soon. You can always workout your arms with dumbbells to stay in the exercise routine. And I agree with Sonia, EAT if you are hungry, your body needs those calories. And remember the definition of calorie is a unit of heat… so eat and stay warm.
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I was out for a bit with a back injury (pinched spinal nerve). I basically just tried to eat as closely to my calorie goal as I could and tried not to worry about it. By the time I could go work out, I was SO ready! And I knew that if I pushed myself too soon, I would just hurt myself more.