Week 2 Challenge

Options
fitmom_pam1976
fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
Hi Guys!!! How is everyone doing??? Just a quick reminder before I get into this week's challenge. The challenges start on TUESDAYS and end on MONDAYS. I just like to post the thread a day before so you have enough time to get ready for the challenge. I was very pleased to see how many of you participated in the week 1 challenge!! I unfortunately was sick for the middle half of the week. Which is why I am not able to post a video for thi weeks challenge :frown: I tried to make a video a few times yesterday but I was unable to get through it without coughing or sneezing and I sound so nasally I could not even undertand what I was saying. BUT this will not stop us from having another great challenge!!!

Let's get started:

WEEK 2 CHALLENGE:

Nutritional Challenge: Let's share some ideas. Basically I would like for us to share recipes/meal ideas. Use this thread as a Food journal. Let us know what tyoes of meals your are having to get closer to your goal weight. It does not necessarily have to be a recipe... it can be food combinations that can help give your fellow challenge members gather ideas for their meals. I would like to take some of these recipes/meal ideas and make some cooking videos to share with you guys in the future. So please try to post on here as much as possible this week.... add some pics of your meals if you can :) Have fun with it.

Physical Challenge: OK.... It is time for some friendly competition!!!! What we will do this week is break up into mini groups. I will give you guys the breakdown after this weeks weigh in (that way I know how many people are still in the challenge and I can make even groups). The group with the largest percentage of weightloss will win. Doing the percentage versus pounds lost is the only way to make it fair no matter what your weight is. So with this challange you need to be a little more devoted.... because your number will affect your team!!!! Let's see what team will win!!!!

*************************************************************************************

The teams are here:

RED TEAM:

pamastori
malea
tracieao
sharebear2012
mseye
azrunnergirlinerie
lizmurder
yspen42
jordanelizabeth511

BLUE TEAM:

jomom2
carrielynn62
aprilh47
52kgirl
rdean
mmcqueen927
iuangina
alsison
salliebeige

BLACK TEAM:

bokatok
nadiaswims
omgsmg
meatymeat33
tiffanyf1014
iowajen1979
ayesha4417
slbauer63
maudebeige

********************************************************************************************

Also, I forgot to mention in the previous threads that you should try to friend the group members. It is a great way to receive support and give support. Have a GREAT Week 2 and Good Luck with the Week 1 Weigh ins!!!! I will be posting a thread for the Week 1 Weigh ins tonight. You can post your progress there and also on the online spreadsheet.

Pam:):drinker:

PS Do not forget that you should still be trying your best to drink your water and get in that exercise. Each weeks challenge is a building block....

Replies

• 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting another great challenge Pam! I hope you have a speedy recovery from all that coughing and sneezing!:flowerforyou:
  • bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fun challenge.
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks Pamastori! Are we posting our stats here? Also can you explain the water rationale?
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Im up for this, feeling very inventive with my cooking at the moment, Came across cauliflower crust pizza yesterday, my kids not very impressed eating it. My daughter was even taking about it at school. so will be good to share more ideas. I wont be able to log my weight until Wednesday morning (UK) but im defiantly IN.
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Starting the morning off with a 16 oz glass of water with lemon :)

10xsmll.jpg
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Breakfast: Oatmeal shake with Chia Seeds

Blend together cooked oatmeal with Almond Milk, Chia Seeds (soaked overnight) and cinnamon. Super filling :)

2j29ijk.jpg
  • MsEye
    MsEye Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!!

Looking forward to another great week. Thanks Pam!!
  • AZRunnerGirlinErie
    AZRunnerGirlinErie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Fun! I love weight loss group challenges. I'm really needing that extra push and having people depend on me is always a boost!

Hope you feel better!
  • lizmurder
    lizmurder Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Last week's challenge was great. It really pushed me to get in those extra work outs. I can't wait for this weeks!
  • aprilh47
    Options
    my husband and i share the cooking chores and tonight was not my night to cook, and was provided with cod fillet in parsley sauce, mash with cabbage and broccoli. total 374 calories. im sure he would have added double cream to mash and sauce if i wasn't standing ready with my scale to weight it all.
    Pork out for tomorrow not sure what im going to do with it yet.
  • omgsmg
    omgsmg Posts: 98
    Options
    Day 1: breakfast: homemade egg muffins I made with turkey sausage, some cheese, red, orange and yellow peppers in them.
    lunch: giant salad with iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, baby carrots, green peppers and low fat french dressing
    dinner: homemade pita bread pizzas with pepperoni about 335 calories for one
    snack: a nature valley bar and some summer sausage my husband got from a friend in Wisconsin, I couldn't say no!

If anyone wants the recipes for anything, I'd be happy to give them. I would post pictures but I'm not sure how from my phone.
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe for flavoring water that I'm going to try this week, I love water and drink it most of the time, but some days I need a change. I already drink water with lemon, lime or orange slices.

Apple Cinnamon Water

2 small apples [sliced]
    2 cinnamon sticks
    64 oz. filtered water

Slice apples to container, add cinnamon sticks and water. chill over night and enjoy.

This is just another way to enjoy water.:happy:
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Day 1: breakfast: homemade egg muffins I made with turkey sausage, some cheese, red, orange and yellow peppers in them.
    lunch: giant salad with iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, baby carrots, green peppers and low fat french dressing
    dinner: homemade pita bread pizzas with pepperoni about 335 calories for one
    snack: a nature valley bar and some summer sausage my husband got from a friend in Wisconsin, I couldn't say no!

If anyone wants the recipes for anything, I'd be happy to give them. I would post pictures but I'm not sure how from my phone.

That sounds like a yummy day!!!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    I found a recipe for flavoring water that I'm going to try this week, I love water and drink it most of the time, but some days I need a change. I already drink water with lemon, lime or orange slices.

Apple Cinnamon Water

2 small apples [sliced]
    2 cinnamon sticks
    64 oz. filtered water

Slice apples to container, add cinnamon sticks and water. chill over night and enjoy.

This is just another way to enjoy water.:happy:

OMG!!! Sounds sooo good!! I will denately need to try this!!
  • aprilh47
    Options
    today is the day i get weighed due to work commitments, so our usual routine is to walk to town 1.6 miles, get weighed and go for brunch. i love this meal its the one i look forward most. bacon egg mushrooms etc.
    then for tea we have had beef in black bean sauce with noodles. just shy of 500 cals per portion. (pork still frozen). Found a better/lower cal recipe for black bean sauce for next time.
  • tracieao
    tracieao Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone --

For breakfast my usual go to is a protein shake:
    - 1 cup baby spinach
    - 1 school Raw Protein powder
    - 1 tbsp chia seeds
    - 1/2 banana
    - 1 c. frozen berries
    - water
    280 calories

Today for something different:
    - Chobani - Greek Yogurt Plain non-fat
    - Sunflower seeds/Organic Shredded Coconut 1 TBsp
    - Craisins - 1 TBsp
    - Orange slices
    with Black coffee

total 235 calories
  • omgsmg
    omgsmg Posts: 98
    Options
    For some reason today felt like a snack all day kind of day.

Day 2: Breakfast: honey nut cheerios and a banana
    Lunch: strawberries and cream oatmeal with fresh strawberries on top and a side of baby carrots
    Dinner: crockpot chicken, white rice, roasted baby red potatoes and green beans
    Snacks: half a serving teddy graham crackers, nature valley peanut butter bar and some wheat thin toasted chips

Water consumption so far is at about 90 ounces, having another bottle as I type this!

Hope everyone had a good day!
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love meal planning! I use a couple of blogs (skinnytaste.com and emilybites.com) or I flip through whatever cooking magazines I have around and pick out recipes I like. I then add those recipes to an app on my iPad, which is where I keep ALL of my recipes. Each week I scroll through the recipes and pick out whatever I'm in the mood for. The app has a function that allows me to add them to a Queue. I have another app on my iPad/iPhone that I use to make lists. One of them is called "Meal Planning" and I map out what I'm going to cook for the next week (or two, if I'm on the ball) and I have another list for groceries. I use my Queue in the recipe app and my Meal Planning list to generate my grocery list. I even list my groceries in the order that I find them in the store! I am to keep all meals between 300 and 400 calories, and I eat three snacks (morning, afternoon, and night). I think I'm at an advantage over some because I only cook for myself and I don't mind eating leftovers for a few days in a row. It is also economical. My diary is public so feel free to peruse

I have been really snacky lately so I'm trying to overcome that. I think I'm fully back on the gym train, even with this terrible weather we've been having, so I'm feeling good about that!
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I made the apple cinnamon water last night and tried it, It is wonderful, if you like apple and cinnamon I think you will enjoy it as much as I am.:happy:

I keep friut and vegetables washed and cut for easy snacking, my son and husband are loseing with me and I plan all are meals the night befor.

I always have a lean protine and plenty of vegetables. I fix our plates in the kitchen and the only dish on the table for seconds is extra veggies:laugh: . That way no one is tempted to eat more. I also plan snacks for the day a head of time.

Tonight we are having meat loaf made with 80/20 ground beef [I will drain it when done] brown rice, shredded carrot, onion my son has a problem with gluten so I replaced the bread crumbs with brown rice and shredded carrot. I add an egg to bind it.I also make my own BBQ sauce with catsup, crushed pineapple and brown sugar.

I also have been roasting squash, I peal it and chunk it then toss the squash with 1-2 tsp. olive oil and season with McCormick's vegetable seasoning. I do the same with most of my vegetables.[potato,mushroom.peppers.onion,broccoli and cauliflower] all are awesome when roasted.

Have a Blessed and Healthy day everyone:smile:
  • 52kgirl
    52kgirl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Breakfast yesterday:
    Old fashion oats 1/2c.
    Chia seeds 1T.
    Flax seeds1T.
    1 scoop of body fortress vanilla protein powder.
    Water
    Super filling and 40 grams of protein :)