Spartan Sprint - April 26, 2014

Options
DSeay88
DSeay88 Posts: 24 Member
If anyone is interested in the Spartan Sprint race in Indiana on April 26, 2014, you can register cheaper by signing up as part of a team. I'll be running with a team from Indianapolis, "1-2-3 Death!" It's an open team, so anyone can sign up with us if you want to be part of a group.

For information on the Spartan Sprint in Indiana, go here:
http://www.spartanrace.com/indiana-obstacle-racing-spartan-sprint-2014.html

If you're wondering how the team got the name, "1-2-3 Death!", go here:
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp

PREPARE FOR GLORY!

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about it..
  • DSeay88
    DSeay88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've heard it's a blast from several others who are veterans of the race. Plus, people on the team help each other with obstacles, at least on "1-2-3 Death!"

I've only been signed up for a week, but it's really given me added motivation to train consistently and to push myself more while training. No matter how I do in the actual race, the work I will have put into preparation means that I WIN!

I hope you sign up!
  • kmcd83
    kmcd83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It definitely is a lot of fun! I have done Spartan Race each of the last 2 years at Haspin Acres and while I could go on and on about details of the event I want to focus on one point: YOU CAN DO IT.

The website features the most intimidating photos of the most elite athletes competing in the highest difficulty events. For marketing and general "badassness" bragging rights. The reality? 98% of participants are regular joes who have the desire to compete. (This is a more realistic video of what it's like: From last year's Indiana race - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG8CceS0XHw)

Don't get me wrong. It's not easy! You will be sore! You will do things you really did not think you were capable of nor ever wanted to do. There's one stat I always go to: 99% of the people who start finish the race.

In 2012 I took a group of women I trained at my gym as sort of a sherpa. At the time, I thought they had no business competing in the event but they had their minds set on it and they were paying me as clients so who am I to say no? They all finished. Together, and it was perhaps one of the greatest - and brutal, few hours I've ever been a part of.

If you've ever said "I'd like to do something like that but I'm not capable" get that out of your head right now. The camraderie and teamwork out there won't let you fail, and you'll walk away thrilled at what you've proven to yourself when you cross the finish line. Covered in mud!
  • dehurt
    dehurt Posts: 1
    Options
    I might be interested and have some friends that might also. When you register, can you search for a certain team? Or how does that work?
  • kmcd83
    kmcd83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes. If there is a team you're already aware of you can search for that team and join it. All joining a team does is places you in the same start time and gives you a refund after the race based on team size. If there is no team but you're trying to get your friends together, select the option to Create a Team when you register for the race. There is a groupon right now for 59% off the race. I wish I had known this deal was going to pop up before I registered last October! https://www.groupon.com/deals/indiana-super-spartan-race
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Indiana Spartan and the Monumental 1/2 were by far my two event accomplishments that I was most proud of for 2013. Last year I completed MANY events of them warrior dash, mudathalon, patriot challenge, and Spartan were obstacle course races. Spartan was off the chart compared to the others. Now, if you're like me and love to rise to a good challenge, Its a must do. Like kmcd83 said, there are full blown athletes here but the majority of the participants are weekend warriors like me.