Checking in 01/22/14...

Options
Hello my people! How's everyone doing today?
I'm doing pretty good. A foot of snow fell overnight here in NYC. A state of emergency has been declared since yesterday. So that was my ticket to call out of work today.
Hope all is well with you guys!

Replies

• GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Our snow is set to come overnight...but I think we're only getting a couple (more) inches here in the Buckeye State.
  • HOPEPATRICK74
    HOPEPATRICK74 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    We barley recieved an inch here in SW VA! kids were on a 2 hr delay, we have artic cold temps coming in Thursday night into Friday morning. so I guess they will be on a delay on Friday too. keep warm and eat light, lol! Don't let the cold modify your mind that you need to bulk up to stay warm. I find I eat a lot more when I'm cold.
  • lanajs11
    Options
    Hello my people! How's everyone doing today?
    I'm doing pretty good. A foot of snow fell overnight here in NYC. A state of emergency has been declared since yesterday. So that was my ticket to call out of work today.
    Hope all is well with you guys!

Please be safe!!!!! We are under a wind chill advisory here in Iowa... again! This winter has been pretty rough. Doing well otherwise.
  • kikalique
    kikalique Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am so tired of this winter; it seems to have gone on forever here in Ohio! We got our first snow this year before Halloween, so by my math, that means spring should start tomorrow. ;)

The week has been just ok here. I have a cold, so I haven't gone to the gym because I can barely breathe as it is, and I'm going to a professional conference for the next two days, so I didn't want to make the situation worse. I've just been focusing on my diet so I'm below my calorie limit each day. I'm going to be especially mindful on Thursday and Friday (airport food, traveling, hotel, etc. can be hard as a vegetarian) Hopefully when I come back on Saturday I'll be healthier and ready to hit the treadmill again.

How's everyone else doing (except for the cold)?
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and be safe. Hopefully your time off work is covered by your employer.
  • channy70
    channy70 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yeah we had 6-9in here in MD, I called out today myself because schools were closed.
  • lilmidnightwolf
    lilmidnightwolf Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    No snow in GA ....so bummed! :frown:
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow, you must have the northeastern in NY. Where I am in Canada, no snow but COLD!! Minus 30 this morning, frozen pipes and you just cannot get warm. My daughter and her guy had to move in with us because the house (garage being renovated into a living space) is unfinished and the temp was down to 4 degrees Celsius ( maybe 40F) overnight! So dry and so much desire to fly to the Caribbean! Too bad I do not yet have a bikini ready body!
  • morzolas
    morzolas Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    We got about 3 inches of snow, but we got more chilling winds! It might sound crazy, but the severely cold weather makes me think of what it will be like in a few months when it's warmer. It's easy to go to comfort food and be lazy in the winter because it's so cold, but it's time like this that I actually think of how much I look forward to spring weather and wearing cute clothes with confidence! It gives me a little push.
  • meek277
    meek277 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Somebody send us some snow. I'm trying to get a snow day off from work.
  • JoyLaine
    JoyLaine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm not allowed to complain about it being 32 & foggy in the mornings here in the Pacific Northwest. My son in Brooklyn keeps telling me when it starts snowing here I can complain about being cold.
  • kblount10
    Options
    I live in Alaska and it is in the 40's all week which is NICE HOWEVER all the snow is melting and I have about 4 inches of clear ice on my sidewalk and driveway. I'm sure we will be paying for it dearly when the lower 48 warms up! I miss Florida when I never had to worry about this kind of stuff!!!
  • kblount10
    Options
    I was really shocked to learn when we moved to Anchorage that they don't have snow days... only rain days in the winter.
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It's ridiculously cold here...but I can't complain because my brothers are out in Alberta and it's this cold, even colder all the time!!
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Not to totally change topic from the weather, but...I am. :bigsmile: Last night, was out at dinner and found a skinny margarita that was actually good! Normally, the skinny ones are either way watered down, or have a really odd taste. This tasted like a real 'rita. Texas Roadhouse - 200 calories. The bartender recommended it, said they'd just changed the formulation. For those who are trying to "eat clean" , please disregard this message. :tongue: For those of us for whom the bitter cold creates dreams of a vacation in Cabo, this might help you get there just a little bit! (See, I even got this thread back to the weather... :laugh: )
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options

/\ What she said. We had an aggravating DUSTING here in NC. I want to be snowed IN with the Hubby. :0)