A small measure of peace. "Anxiety control my way."

Options
So, anyone who's been with the group know who I am by now, and I figured I would share a few things that I have done in my life to help nullify my anxiety to an almost no-existent state...

1. Quit smoking! - I used to think it was caffeine that caused my panic attacks. Granted caffeine can cause people with no history of any kind of anxiety to develop it. In fact, 40% of people inherit anxiety disorders from too much caffeine stimulation over a long period of time. I quit smoking months ago, and noticed that I can now drink caffeine again. It's like if I am a smoker, I am allergic to both, and when I quit, I am allergic to neither. If you have the habit, then kick it! I know it's tough, but in the long run, it will make things that much easier on you. Also a fun fact, smoking causes anxiety! You start to feel that imbalance in your body and all the sudden, every little discomfort in your chest, numbness in your arms, tense feeling, and heavy breathing is automatically a heart attack! There IS something wrong with you, and it's not what you think! It's the damn cigarettes! Throw them over your shoulder and move on. In time, the symptoms will subside, and your brain will have a lot less to deal with. After all, one thing and you've got a chain reaction on your hands that just keeps throwing gasoline into the fire.

2. Cut back on Alcohol! - I LOVE BEER! ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! But I hate what it does to me the next few days. I have one drink too many and I feel like my heart is going to quit, my liver is going to pack up my kidneys and leave, and my brain is taking a sick day. The bad thing about alcohol is it can be a hindrance on us in many different ways. The glass of red wine or two beers a night isn't so bad. In fact, they say it has many health benefits from heart health, to bone density. But too much really is too much. Your liver becomes much too busy processing the alcohol to fully metabolize the fat from alcohol, causing a double whammy on your insides. You tend to store more fat " Namely from eating when you get the beer munchies for some not so good choices." and before you know it, a couple of benders has caused you to gain 10 pounds in a short time! I was almost down to 190 pounds, and now I stand at 217. Why? I let alcohol be my stress release from everything. Not only are you consuming a crap ton of stuff that is empty calories, and damaging your liver that is already over-worked if you are well over-weight, but you are also causing a physical image that says " I am less healthy now" which in term can cause more anxiety, and less self-worth. To see yourself as unhealthy can really take a tole on your mental and emotional health, which can only lead to one inevitable thing. You guessed it - Anxiety.

3. Find what helps you curve the appetite, and stay focused! - I have been using a combination of Garcinia Cambogia pills " All natural of course, not pumped with fillers and chemicals. Must be 60% to be effective." and Oolong Tea. Both said to have weight loss properties, but that is only one reason I take them. G.C. is good for releasing chemicals in your brain that curve that " I am hungry feeling " block some of the excess fat from what you eat, and also release chemicals in your brain that make you feel happy, thus a more positive mood can lead one to making better and healthier choices. Let's face it, depression may as well be a couple of anchors dangling out of your ears. Oolong tea is known for many properties as well, which I won't go into detail too much because I can't remember all this stuff honestly, I just know it works for me. It has weight loss properties as well, but be wary if you are caffeine sensitive because it is packed with it. For $10 or less, you can get 100 tea bags on Amazon.com. I suggest you read up on the two, they really do wonders for my anxiety and stimulate my mind without over-stimulating me. Oolong tea is a cross between green tea and black tea. It is from the same plant, but it is processed in a much different way. It is good for everything from bad breath and teeth strengthening, to weight loss, to mental focus and over all mood enhancing. I drink mine with just a bit of honey. I don't use artificial sweeteners. If you plan to take the G.C. I suggest including potassium in your diet. It really does help the effects of it. The brands in particular that I use are...

XIUM - Garcinia Cambogia - $10 on Amazon.com "Note: I use a much larger dosage then what is recommended due to my size, so a smaller dose may be more fitting if you are not obese. If so, I would spring for something more in the 750-1000 mg size."
Lucky Eights - Oolong Tea - $10 on Amazon.com

Remember, that this is MY way of dealing with my anxiety. I have noticed a good decrease in weight, and an increase in energy but I won't say that it will do the same for you. I put this up strictly for any reader to take it as they see it.

Hope everyone is doing well in their quest to feel normal both inside and out!!!

Replies