~*~*INTRODUCTIONS*~*~

Options
i_love_vinegar
i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
Introduce yourself.
Here are some suggestions for questions to answer~although you can write whatever kind of introduction you want ^o^ :heart:

-What got you into Korean, Japanese, and/or Chinese music?

-Who is your favorite singer?

-What is your favorite group/band?

-Something random about yourself!

Replies

• fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am fateschild. I have been into anime for years. Ever since I saw Akira in '91. I always liked the music, but I didn't really get into it until '04.

I rented a game called Bujingai and it starred this J-rocker named Gackt. I decided to try out his music and fell in love. I have listened to lots of other bands since, but he is still my absolute favorite.

So Gackt is my favorite singer. And Orange Range is my favorite group.

Random fact about myself. I realized a while ago that I have been to quite a few concerts and only one of them was for an American band. Also I got to see the band SKIN in LA the only time they ever played.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options

I was into anime after reading the 'Fruits Basket' manga, but I only got into Korean music a few years later.
    I was on youtube when I came across TVXQ's music video for their very first single, 'HUG'.
    I immediately thought that JaeJoong was the most attractive man that I had ever seen xD I got to know their personalities through the media and I fell in love with them for their quirks and talents.
    They led me to get to know other fans in my High School, learn Korean, (Meet a Korean guy XD), and learn about other Korean groups in the Hallyu wave.

I like a few. To go by vocals, I'd have to honestly say Kim JaeJoong. I know that I'm a Cassie, so it might be immediately thought that I'm biased, but honestly, I love the passion he puts into his music. The fact that it really is his life - when he writes songs and when he sings, his heart pours out in each song. That's why he is my favorite.
    Coming in close second would have to be either Kim Junsu or Brian Joo.

DB5K, JYJ, and 2NE1. It's a solid tie. I can't pick one over the other because I like each for different reasons.

I like Stargate ^^
  • vcarlota
    vcarlota Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My best friend is super into the Asian music scene and got me interested it. I like pop music in general best. Tommy february6 is my favourite singer. My favourite groups/bands are the Pillows, miss A, Big Bang, and SNSD. :laugh:

random fact: I love watching the dance choreography of pop groups and I want to be a badass dancer someday
  • vcarlota
    vcarlota Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like Stargate ^^

I love Stargate SG-1! I haven't seen the others :embarassed: I hope I'm referring to the same thing...
  • Reiral
    Reiral Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi!

-What got you into Korean, Japanese, and/or Chinese music? Japanese Animation...so started listening to jap songs. There's a popular Singer BoA, from Korea who sings bothe korean and japanese songs so was interested in Korean songs!

-Who is your favorite singer? BoA

-What is your favorite group/band? T-ara( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEF5uf2MSKI&feature=related ) and SNSD! They are hot! Songs are good! DBSK(TVXQ) is my fave boy band! Hot guys...so naturally i'm attracted!

-Something random about yourself! From singapore, likes anime and songs...
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I like Stargate ^^

I love Stargate SG-1! I haven't seen the others :embarassed: I hope I'm referring to the same thing...

Haha yes you are xD My fiance has all of the seasons in box sets. He really likes the show :P SG-1 is the first series, then Atlantis, and then Universe.
    I actually started watching Stargate with Universe when it came out. Then went to watch SG-1.
  • couturekitty
    couturekitty Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been Jung Ji Hoon's fan (BI/Rain) Since 2007 when I saw his I'm Coming video. Same goes with Boa who had just released Sara and Super Junior (U). I didn't know about kpop until I was up late doing homework one night and was bs-ing around on hulu.com. An ad came on for Boys Over Flowers and I giggled at the name. I started watching it, fell in love with Kim Hyun Joong and Lee Min Ho and was hooked ever since. Kim Hyun Joong gave me SS501. After watching IRIS I discovered TOP (so sexy though no longer my bias) and Big Bang and haven't stopped learning the groups since.
    Now I'm in the middle of learning Korean and am looking forward to the Big Bang World Tour, whenever Papa YG releases the dates.
  • toomanyvickies
    Options
    OH.MA.GA. So happy this is here! Hi all! I'm Vickie and I'm pretty new here.

I'm into all kinds of music but I guess my current main obsession is k-pop (SHINEE!!! \(^_^)/)! I studied abroad in Japan for a semester and am in love with J-pop, as well. I have a couple C-pop songs on my playlist but I just haven't had much exposure to it (any recommendations?).

I'm looking to make some friends for mutual weight loss support and encouragement but music/culture exchange is more than welcome too!
  • toomanyvickies
    Options
    I've been Jung Ji Hoon's fan (BI/Rain) Since 2007 when I saw his I'm Coming video. Same goes with Boa who had just released Sara and Super Junior (U). I didn't know about kpop until I was up late doing homework one night and was bs-ing around on hulu.com. An ad came on for Boys Over Flowers and I giggled at the name. I started watching it, fell in love with Kim Hyun Joong and Lee Min Ho and was hooked ever since. Kim Hyun Joong gave me SS501. After watching IRIS I discovered TOP (so sexy though no longer my bias) and Big Bang and haven't stopped learning the groups since.
    Now I'm in the middle of learning Korean and am looking forward to the Big Bang World Tour, whenever Papa YG releases the dates.

Love RAIN! Have you seen Full House?
  • couturekitty
    couturekitty Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    No I haven't! Don't hate me :) The only Rain drama I have seen is Runaway: Plan B snd I liked that one. Right now my laptop is in the shop which means no kdrama until further notice :( I see you enjoy SHINee so I know you are super happy about their comeback right? I just got into SHINee so I'll be glad to hear what their new stuff sounds like.
  • toomanyvickies
    Options
    I started watching that one but got sidetracked *attention span = 3 seconds*

I'm pretty excited about shinee's comeback. Don't really know what to expect, though, because I havent had the time to properly stan them lately. Their new song sounds like it'll be pretty good.

(P.S. Definitely check out Full House, if you get a chance! It's the one that made me fall in love with Bi so many years ago...its hilarious)
  • miamouse3
    miamouse3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Emily! My point of origin is different for each.
    With Japanese, my interest in Sailor Moon as a child led to an interest in InuYasha which lead to an interest in Jpop.
    With Korean, I had unknowingly been listening to Kpop before my interest was sparked. I had been hearing their Japanese versions. My interest in Korean stuff was sparked when looking for jdramas to listen to japanese dialects and etc and found Coffee Prince. When I started listening I realized it wasn't Japanese, then later looked up songs from it on youtube which led me to Kpop videos. I'm a huge YEH fan.
    Fave singer, group, and band are impossible to say. There are way too many good ones. Though, the T-ara scandal strengthened my loyalty to them and I have a massive girl crush on Amber from F(x). I lourve F(x). Huge shipper for the Sulli/Minho pairing. How could I help that when their drama relationship started crossing a bit into real life? And they both have subtly admitted it.
    Bit about me:
    I love animes, dramas, cats, music from all over the place, dancing, books, star trek, harry potter, buddhism, learning languages, absorbing culture, and trying new things!
  • gunnyfuy
    gunnyfuy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi :D My name is Morgan.
    I got into Korean music back in 2007 because I had to do a project in school on a country given to me by my teacher. The teacher gave me South Korea, and one of the things I had to write about was pop culture. Wonder Girls' Tell Me had just come out at the time and I thought it was the best thing in the world :)
    I got into Japanese music in 2008 because of kpop. I started listening to Chinese music more after Miss A debuted.

Kevin Woo, I've loved him since back in 2007. His predebut weight loss is actually something that immensely motivates me.

U-Kiss! I love how they never give up and just keep trying.

oh gosh I have no idea
    ummm
    ahhhh
  • Chikobowoski
    Chikobowoski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First off, I'll introduce myself.

안녕하세요. 제 이름은 치코입니다. 저는 열 여덟살입니다. 저는 한국에 가고 싶어 왜냐하면 영어 선생님이 뒤고 싶어요. 만나서 반가워요.

My name is Chikobowoski, Chiko for short. I'm 18 and currently a student pursuing a degree in Linguistics. I plan to teach English in Korea which is one of the main reasons why weight loss is important to me. I'm going to study abroad in Korea in 2014, so I've decided to finally start taking better care of myself.

I've had a deep interest in anime for years and without knowing, have been listening to Korean singers sing Japanese theme songs for years (like Boa and TVXQ). I knew K-pop existed, but never became truly interested until Girl's Generation came out with The Boys. Even though, it's only been a year, I've dived head first into Korean culture. Some find it hard to believe that a song like The Boys has changed my life so drastically.

Favorite Groups: Very Tough, but I'd have to go with SHINee (OMG. I love Taemin.) and 2NE1 (OMG. I love Minzy).
    Favorite Singers: Kim Taeyeon (SNSD), K. Will (the man is a god), and Hoya (Infinite) & Zelo (B.A.P) [Both are amazing rappers]

Something about me: I fanboy very hard even though I'm straight (Especially for Taemin).
  • Anna10s2dv8
    Anna10s2dv8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like all types of music and film from around the world. One day I was scanning the Asian selection on Netflix and came across the K-Drama “Mischievous Kiss:heart: ” with Kim Hyun Joong. At first I was a little iffy and I thought the drama was mundane, but the more I watched the more interesting it became…then I was hooked. I wanted to know more about the actors (especially Hyun Joong oppa). Thanks to the internet and Google I learn not only could he act but he was a darn good singer too. I started watching his music videos and listening to his music and that of ss501. Little by little I started watching more dramas and discovering more K-Pop groups.

That would be Se7en:love: , he’s probably not as popular as some of the younger singers but I love his voice and I can’t wait for him to return safely from his military service and start making music again. I’m also very partial to FT Island’s Lee Hong Gi voice as well.

The males: 2PM, CNBlue, BigBang, B.A.P, U-Kiss, Beast, Super Junior, SHINee and LunaFly (I could go on…). The females: Miss A, f(x), Sistar, 2NE1, Brown Eyed Girls and Girl’s Generation are just a few.

The name is Anna10s2dv8 (tends to deviate:noway: )…usually from my diet and exercise plan. LOL! I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to shed a few (who am I kidding, a lot of) pounds; I’m hoping that being part of a group with similar interests will keep me motivated.
    I just recently purchased an at home elliptical and was wondering if any of you has some K-POP playlist suggestions.
  • ChoMin_Jung
    Options
    Hello everyone! ^-^

I recently joined mfp; and it's my first step into getting fit and losing weight. I have never really been serious about it; but I realized that diabetes runs in my family - and I want to prevent it by eating right and exercising.

I got into Japanese music because of anime. InuYasha is my favorite, and the soundtrack was so beautiful. My best friend introduced me to Korean music, and have loved it ever since.

My favorite singer... its so hard to decide? lol xD I really love TaeYeon's voice from SNSD, but IU is also amazing. But I have to say, JaeJoong's heavenly voice will always be top in my eyes.

Dong Bang Shin Ki (OT5P) inspires me everyday and was my first idol group that I fell in love with. Its been my number one group ever since their debut, but recently, Big Bang has tied for the spot.

Something about myself.... I'm very active in the kpop fanfic community. ^-^ If anyone reads fanfics, let's exchange recs? =D
  • HeartIcare
    HeartIcare Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Music Lovers, Love Kpop, Jpop, Cpop and let's not forget Mando-Pop Mpop even T&Vpop:-).

If we are not watching TV or movie we have Taiwanese Kiss Radio station as music background almost daily, you might think odd to mention perhaps, but not if you live in The Netherlands. In Europe there is hardly any Asian music being played lest plugged. Different continent, different flavors, different commercial interest but hey nothing wrong to get it more attention and raise the popularity bug:). What I like of Kiss station is that they plug music of the above pop sources in the South-Asian region of course, but also up to date with international music scene top hits and favorites.

All time star Taiwanese Teresa Deng she was Asia's famous nightingale who's performed her songs in more Asian language than any other singer yet. Without kidding I have with much gusto sang a few songs of hers in Mandarin, Cantonese and Japanese, heard them in Malay, Thai etc. performed by other Karaoke lovers as well as professional performers who still keep her memory alive. She died much too young, alas.

So please share your favorite song/singer in Kpop Jpop Cpop Mpop love to know what's playing now where you are.
    Add me I'll be your fit music buddy:-)
  • hisaku
    hisaku Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello from Hawaii~ Joined because of <3 of the pops. Typical gamer/anime guy.

-What got you into Korean, Japanese, and/or Chinese music? I listen to jpop and branched out the kpop because i was into anime/japan. Then came the kdrama wave and kpop groups took over the jpop charts lol.

-Who is your favorite singer? Currently yasu from Acid Black Cherry. GD is fun!

-What is your favorite group/band? Ikimonogakari/Asian Kung Fu Generation/2NE1/T-ara(2012)

-Something random about yourself! I enjoy pb+bananas! (quick fuel before the gym)
  • sarahc142
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sarah, I'm 20 and living in Tokyo for the last 3 years

I went to RISD art program in high school and had a lot of asian friends into Kpop

GD!

Big Bang and Shinee

Hmm I've been learning Kpop dances to help get in shape
  • tataylllor
    tataylllor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I'm Taylor from Canada!

Where did my interest for this all start?:
    Got into anime/manga around grade 6... From there I got into Touhou bgm remixes/vocals, etc., Vocaloid, and Jpop (Perfume was my first Jpop group, still love them!!)! In grade 8 or 7 I discovered Kpop (Lolipop with Bigbang and 2NE1 was my first song!)... This summer I got into asian dramas/movies (most k-movies), but I did her some Cpop music I liked too!

Favourite singer/groups?:
    Wow do not ask that haha! For Jpop I would say Perfume, Capsule... Meg and Kyary are good too! Kpop ranges from all over the place.. Exo, Got7, Girls Day, Shinee, Big bang etc.! Cpop... Exo still? haha I cant think of anyone at the moment!

Random fact?:
    I have recently been keeping a journal and I think it is so much fun!!