GOOD BETTER BEST - Week of Jan. 20-26th 2014

Options
CrusherKun
CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
Well Happy Sunday morning. I wanted to get this weeks topic board up and running today so we can prepare for a new start tomorrow! Typically I always think of a new week as starting on Sundays since well that's when the calendar says it should....but, with that being said, MFP is weird and we like weird! So how has everyones weekend shaped up thus far? Hopefully your calorie goals have been in check and your workouts have been sweaty!

As I mentioned in my status update a few days back, I feel that with the participation levels low, at this time, I am going to move my daily topic to a weekly topic. I will say though that I strongly urge the rest of you to post at your leisure what ever topic you wish to. The weekly top is an OPEN forum, meaning you speak what ever is on your mind. If you have a bad day....post it here....if you have a great day post it here....if you have a joke, feel free to let them fly. I have pretty thick skin as a few of you know, so not much offends, however, if someone does not like something, please speak up directly in the group. I don't wish for any tension between any member!

So, I am going to sign off for a bit here this morning. I am beat after my killer burn session at the gym. My first 90 minute session to date. Got my protein shake in, and now its off to a little shut eye before its time to go chow on some Chinese food! Going to attempt to avoid too many carbs and go for primarily protein, but with all the sauces and rice etc... that may not be possible. Maybe a big bowl of Pho to fill the belly.....mmmmm.

Stay Strong!

-CK

Replies

• CrusherKun
    Options
    Anyone actually interested in this group anymore?

I know RL comes first, but, the point of ANY group is making support possible. My recent issue was hard to go through alone, and i really wanted to come here to post it, but when i logged in to do so, i saw nothing posted in a while, so I decided to just reach out through my page feed.

What can I do to help facilitate this?

Just my two cents on that.

Anyway....sorry if that felt like i was *****in'.

Been starting my gym weight training this week. I think i will be starting up the Stronglifts 5x5 on Sunday.....still got to watch a bunch of instructional video on how it is done....I am always weary about trying workouts from video without having a person actually show me in person (thats not just workouts...its everything i do.....once i can physically see and do it once, I memorize the process instantly....been that way since high school....never tell me to read a book....show it to me once!)

Just working the rest of the week to set some bench marks and ease into setting them....yesterday and today was upper and lower body focus mainly....lite # of sets just to get the feel of the machines. tomorrow I will set benchmarks on my upper body machine limits and my lower on saturday.

Have a good day everyone!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Just busy. This time of year we do review over the codes we handle, and they're very detailed and have to be correct. It's not just reviewing, it's having to try to get a hold of various people to make sure certain numbers are correct, and good luck with that. Everyone here just LOOOOVES their voicemail. I can't finish and hand out copies to the rest of my department until everything is in order, so it's a hassle every year. It's sad to think that we're COMMUNICATIONS, but our information take pulling teeth to get.

It's hard to concentrate on that if I'm here, so yeah...depending on how quickly people get back with me, I'll be back to my regular annoying self then :blushing:
  • MissDLynnR
    MissDLynnR Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like this site. I am always trying to find a place to post and respond this seems like a good place to do that!
  • CrusherKun
    Options
    Yes always a great place to do it!