39 vs 18

Options
MrsMck22
MrsMck22 Posts: 44 Member
I'm totally tempted to change my ticker to pounds! I've lost 18kgs BUT I've lost 39 pounds! That sounds like much better progress.... Although.. I have 54kgs to go or 119 pounds :( so that's not so good!

I haven't had any rewards yet, but I'm thinking I might think of something for when I get to 20kgs (44 pounds, woop woop!).
What rewards have you guys had?

Replies

• Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I get little rewards, like a manicure or new pair of jeans or shoes. I haven't hit a big number yet like 20kg, that deserves something big!!! Maybe a spa day , manicure, pedicure, facial and massage.

I'm still thinking about what to do when I hit my goal, probably a tattoo. I saw one that said "Nothing is permanent, not even out struggles". I have a daughter with special needs and whenever we are going through something difficult with her I remind myself that nothing is permanent. It applies to my weight loss too, I may have been overweight (and technically obese) my whole adult life but it's not permanent.

I'm interrested to see what everyone else is doing for rewards!!!!
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I get little rewards, like a manicure or new pair of jeans or shoes. I haven't hit a big number yet like 20kg, that deserves something big!!! Maybe a spa day , manicure, pedicure, facial and massage.

I'm still thinking about what to do when I hit my goal, probably a tattoo. I saw one that said "Nothing is permanent, not even out struggles". I have a daughter with special needs and whenever we are going through something difficult with her I remind myself that nothing is permanent. It applies to my weight loss too, I may have been overweight (and technically obese) my whole adult life but it's not permanent.

I had to giggle a little at this. I'm not making fun. I think it is a great quote and it means something special to you. I think that is really great. But to get a tattoo saying that nothing is permanent makes me smile because the tattoo itself is permanent.

Anyway,
    I am lame and I don't really give myself milestone rewards. I probably should. I have been stuck where I am for 2 months now (but not gaining) and maybe that would give me some extra incentive.
  • Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I had to giggle a little at this. I'm not making fun. I think it is a great quote and it means something special to you. I think that is really great. But to get a tattoo saying that nothing is permanent makes me smile because the tattoo itself is permanent.

Anyway,
    I am lame and I don't really give myself milestone rewards. I probably should. I have been stuck where I am for 2 months now (but not gaining) and maybe that would give me some extra incentive.

It made me laugh the first time I saw it too, it's supposed to be funny! A tattoo can be lasered off though or even cut off. So really, nothing is permanent, lol.

As far as a reward for yourself, what about a weekend away, I have been feeling a little unmotivated lately but I just booked a flight to visit cousin in Colorado and I am sooooo excited for it. if I lose about 8-10 lbs I'll be able to fit into my favorite jeans so that is motivating me to keep at it!
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    A vacation away is a great reward but hard for me to really do that.
    I have 2 kids and my husband is getting out of the military pretty soon so we are saving as much money as we can.

And I have family visiting us this summer so I am saving my vacation time for that. Oh- I can make it a goal to lose x amount of weight by the time they get there.

:smile:
  • darina24gordonfan24
    Options
    Something I decided to do was to reward myself each mile that I walk. So when I walk a mile $1 goes right into my little jar. I already have $60 so far this year and am excited to see how many I can get. Once i hit my goal weight I plan on going out and spending it on things to fit my new and improved body. I of course have those clothes that i keep in my closet that I will fit into one day... but I want to go out and splurge and buy an expensive pair of pants.. or whatever i feel I want. It will be a good feeling to spend money thinking to myself.. gosh that was 150 miles of hard work.. :) I turn 30 in July.. so I hope to be at my goal weight by then, and have some new clothes to wear into my 30's :).

Excited to hear what everybody else is doing for motivation :). I like to keep things fresh and continue to challenge/reward myself.