Rules

Options
mdcjmom
mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
Posts are a weekly post as this format has helped me to be able to keep better track of the group.

Please log your walking, running and biking miles to the group page so i can add them to the spreadsheet! bigsmile

:smile: To view your mileage the spreadsheet link is here. http://www.editgrid.com/user/mdcjmom/Love_to_Lose_TITBT

:love: I am so glad to be back on this journey with all of you. Here's to a happy 2014 and the love of losing!

:smile: Please post any questions you have and I will keep an eye out for them.

:flowerforyou: Also feel free to add me as a friend if you are new to the challenge. I posts updates about the challenge on my profile so it helps!

Replies

• beverley2014
    beverley2014 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Okay - I get it now! Didn't join in last month but will in Feb! Don't have a bike but will run and walk x
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,897 Member
    Options
    Thanks for keeping this challenge going!
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite, I'm up for lots of miles now we've got 2 dogs x
  • jamiesue828
    jamiesue828 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sounds perfect to me. Just signed up today and I love walking with my dog. 30 pounds to go!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    This sounds like just what I need, excited to join! Do you guys really make the target of 150 miles per month?? I'm thinking that I can count my elliptical (it tracks miles) in addition to running, but the days I do zumba (twice per week) I don't do anything else, so I won't be able to do 150 miles--with my current regimen I'd be lucky to get around 50 miles. Is that too wimpy for this group?
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    This sounds like just what I need, excited to join! Do you guys really make the target of 150 miles per month?? I'm thinking that I can count my elliptical (it tracks miles) in addition to running, but the days I do zumba (twice per week) I don't do anything else, so I won't be able to do 150 miles--with my current regimen I'd be lucky to get around 50 miles. Is that too wimpy for this group?

I have done this challenge for probably 6 months (maybe even more - cant remember) and I dont think I've hit 150 yet. I'm hoping to soon though!

Its can't be called a challenge if its easily attainable right? Think of it this way, it is a mark you can shoot for and just do your best. You'll find that your mileage increases consistently every month if you stick with it and keep trying to hit that mark.
    I do believe elliptical mileage counts as well. Dont think about it... just do it! :happy:
  • 3trees
    3trees Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if you just count 'work-out' miles, or if you wear a fit bit or similar and keep track of all miles? 150 in a month will be a challenge - and I'm a distance runner - if all the miles need to be 'work out' miles. Thanks!

Ran 5 today (but at the start of January I thought joining a challenge would cause more stress than sense of achievement). I think I'm ready for February!

Thanks, as ever, for organizing this!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options

I have done this challenge for probably 6 months (maybe even more - cant remember) and I dont think I've hit 150 yet. I'm hoping to soon though!

Its can't be called a challenge if its easily attainable right? Think of it this way, it is a mark you can shoot for and just do your best. You'll find that your mileage increases consistently every month if you stick with it and keep trying to hit that mark.
    I do believe elliptical mileage counts as well. Dont think about it... just do it! :happy:

Thanks! I'm not trying to do something that is necessarily "easy", but I don't intend to focus all my workouts on mileage. Cross training is good for the body, and Zumba is awesome--I can burn almost 700 calories in an hour! So my question was basically whether or not everyone reaches 150 miles in a month, because with my schedule and my goals that just isn't going to happen!!!!

Maybe as 3trees mentioned folks might be using a fitbit or something and tracking normal every day walking mileage. That would seem slightly more attainable, but unfortunately I don't have a fitbit therefore I will only be tracking running and elliptical workouts.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options

Thanks! I'm not trying to do something that is necessarily "easy", but I don't intend to focus all my workouts on mileage. Cross training is good for the body, and Zumba is awesome--I can burn almost 700 calories in an hour! So my question was basically whether or not everyone reaches 150 miles in a month, because with my schedule and my goals that just isn't going to happen!!!!

Maybe as 3trees mentioned folks might be using a fitbit or something and tracking normal every day walking mileage. That would seem slightly more attainable, but unfortunately I don't have a fitbit therefore I will only be tracking running and elliptical workouts.

I use a fitbit and I include all mileage, both workouts and everyday, when reporting my mileage. You can count all or just your workout mileage. Its all completely up to you.

Here is a link to January's spreadsheet. With just about a week and a half left to be entered, you can see a lot of people probably will not reach the 150 mile marker.

http://www.editgrid.com/user/mdcjmom/Too_Inspired_New_beginnings!

Just do what you are able, use this first month as your bench mark. In future months, try to beat that mark. You don't compete against others here, more like you are just competing against yourself.

Welcome to Too Inspired to Be Tired!! :happy:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options

I use a fitbit and I include all mileage, both workouts and everyday, when reporting my mileage. You can count all or just your workout mileage. Its all completely up to you.

Here is a link to January's spreadsheet. With just about a week and a half left to be entered, you can see a lot of people probably will not reach the 150 mile marker.

http://www.editgrid.com/user/mdcjmom/Too_Inspired_New_beginnings!

Just do what you are able, use this first month as your bench mark. In future months, try to beat that mark. You don't compete against others here, more like you are just competing against yourself.

Welcome to Too Inspired to Be Tired!! :happy:

Awesome--thanks for that link, it makes me feel better!!! I may swing for a fitbit at some point, but for now I'll be happy if I reach 50 miles with just counting my running and elliptical mileage for the month. It looks like quite a few other people are just tracking workout mileage so I won't feel alone!!

Can't wait to be part of the group!! :smile:
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!!! was just directed to this challenge by some great friends! Super excited to be here! I know tht I won't be able to hit 150 miles this month as I am only counting my running miles. I am at the beginning of my training plan for my 2nd and 3rd Half Marathons. I am hoping get to 75 miles this month! Excited to meet all of you!!!:drinker:
  • YouAreYourChoices
    YouAreYourChoices Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone has a great February filled with miles on top of miles!