So, I used to live in Whis...

Options
Hey guys! New to the group and suffering withdrawals!!

I lived in Whis for about 7 years and rode as much as you would assume, but I moved to Germany last year and have only been up a hill ONCE!! HOWWWWW do people live like this?

Watching vids just makes a girl sad.
Considering buying a deep freeze and collecting enough freezer snow for a small kicker.
Any advice for someone in my position?

(Yes, the alps are nearby, but I also havent worked in over a year and those trips get a little pricey...)
Things are dire.

Replies

• gaiaearth
    gaiaearth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey - I feel for you....I've had knee surgery and am just barely getting out in the backcountry - trying not to push it. The only thing that has kept me a little sane is biking, biking, biking. :) Hopefully Germany is bike friendly!
  • NorCal311
    NorCal311 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am in California and we do not have any snow. A little man made but I cannot share the bunny slopes with 1000 other people. I have been cycling a lot and looking at going on a ski vacation!
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    Options
    Yeah there's some pretty good biking to be done on the local mountains around my place. I'm just waiting for a new foot injury to heal (and for warmer weather!) before I get into that.

We've been fortunate enough to have a lot of clear sky lately, but of course that means it's FREEZING here! Why can't we all just have the best of everything?? ;) haha

Ahh well, it helps knowing others are suffering too! ;)

ETA: I'm possibly doing a March Austrian Apls trip! Here's hoping it works out... :D