I am home

Options
Shannie312
Shannie312 Posts: 46 Member
Got home yesterday. For me, I've had 3 c-sections so the pain is there but not really the big issue. Nausea! I now understand the cycle of I am nauseous so I don't eat and I don't eat so I am nauseous. Trying to push through, get it in slowly. I got up in the night to use the restroom, came back to bed and took a few sips of water, then I laid down...big mistake! I now know, if I drink, stay upright for a while! I know this will pass, things will improve

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think this is the real reason they say take 2-3 wks off work. It's not the pain it's the nausea and relearning how to eat. It is mentally stressful. It is easy to get depressed in the 1 st few days. Move as much as possible and keep sipping on that protein. Your body needs that protein to repair. Make sure you have the recommended protein shakes. I accidentally bought a meal replacement shake that had too much sugar. I love the premier protein snack size shakes from SAMs club. Much easier for me to finish. The quicker you get to hydration the better. Skim milk really saved me. I found I could sip on it constantly in a little cup. Also, I prayed, A Lot! For strength and acceptance of the discomfort and nausea. Good luck.
  • thoughtaling76
    thoughtaling76 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey:)
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    What Mangopickle wrote is so very true.

Protein drinks are important. I found one called Protein Ice, good taste and had 42g of protein. The Pure Protein Chocolate drink I really enjoyed....great chocolate taste.

Good luck on your recovery!
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Focus on water for the first few days, but get to the protein as soon as you can keep it down. It gets better!
  • trinoc
    trinoc Posts: 73
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck as you learn your new lifestyle in the upcoming weeks!
  • spooky228
    Options
    It will get better with each passing day. The first week is the worst. Then it will be trial and error.
    Try your best everyday to get protein and fluids. Hang in there!
  • shoppinglady1972
    shoppinglady1972 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The first few days I was home, all I could think was, WHAT HAVE I DONE? Haha!! Trust me when I say, it will get better!!! I've learned that everyone heals differently and you will figure out how your body responds to what and when you drink. I agree with what everyone else said, just keep pushing the protein drinks and water!!! (also, walk, walk, walk!!)
    Good luck to you!