Bucket List

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Alright, I realize that we often struggle just getting out of bed in the morning and brushing our teeth let alone getting to work and taking care of our families. But I would like to know what things do you have on your bucket list that you want to accomplish through all odds? Could be getting a degree, a new fancy car, the big house with the picket fence...there's no wrong answer. You can put items that you have already accomplished form your list as well, just note that you accomplished those items already.

I have learned to never take anything for granted through this journey trying to become well. Lots of people take for granted being able to go to bed late and get up early with no trouble, maybe even having gone out with friends for drinks the night before knowing they have to go to work the next day. I can't do things like that for the most part. I'd be a zombie at work, if I could even get up!! There is a list of other things I see people take for granted, but we can save that for a future convo lol.

My Bucket List
* Get my Bachelor's Degree - achieved February 2011 (B.S. CIS & Network Security)
* Have a career in my major - 1/2 way achieved, been working in IT since early 2010, but not in Network Security yet
* Own my car (no payments) - achieved March 2013
* Travel the world, specifically Australia, New Zealand, Poland, Italy, Alaska, Mediterranean cruise, Mexico, Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, and more
* Have a 6 pack!! :)
* Do a fitness photo shoot
* Drive super cars in the desert near Vegas
* Run a 1/2 marathon
* Get married (again) and have a family <3
* Buy a house and flip it
* Go on an extreme vacation

That's all I can think of at the moment

Replies

• mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Great list!

Some off the top of my head for me:
    Lose the middle roll (hopefully, now that I'm on the right path, this will happen)
    Physically look like the trainer I am
    Do a pinup girl shoot
    Move out of DC to somewhere new (I've been here for 18 years! Enough!)
    Travel more with my husband
  • djserani
    Options
    Alright, let's see:

Get my associate's degree: Achieved in 2006 in CIT: Network Administration
    Publish my first novel: Achieved in March 2013
    Lose my fat. Working toward that and I hope to achieve that before too long
    Be able to live on my writing income
    Travel the world: I really want to see Rio de Janeiro (and the rest Brazil, but Rio, definitely), Europe. Just all of Europe. NZ, rest of the US
    Climb a mountain
    See my grandchildren graduate college
    Thumb my nose at my 65th birthday. And my 70th and my 75th. (My mom died at 65. I won't. I simply WILL NOT.)

ETA: Photo shoots. Two of them. I want to do an official NOH8 shoot. Hopefully, they'll be in Dallas again soon. And one once I've lost my weight (fat), something in lingerie/bikini/whatever that I can show off. *nods*

I think that's good to start.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I love your guys' lists!!! :) Thank you for sharing
  • melnurse1
    Options
    My Bucket List

- Have more energy and be fit to run a 5k.
    - Travel more especially to Europe. Travel to New Zealand 2012 and had an amazing time. Traveled to Hawaii when I was a teenager.
    - Debt free
    - Excel in Salsa dancing
    - Buy a house
    - Get my Bachelors. Already have Associates in my field. Love my job.
    - Have a 6 pack
    - Get my thyroid under control so it does not control my life.