GREEN TEAM WEEK 15-ACKNOWLEDING THE NEW YOU

Options
tambam72
tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
Good Morning Ladies:
I loved loved last night show. I loved that they covered tehe issues to what got them to their weight gain and I loved how they shared their thoughts as they had their makeover. Too many times, we do do not acknowledge how far we have come, but rather how far we still have left to go. I still get amazed when people tell me that I inspire them and I even had one person write on my FB page that if people had more of Tammie Poulin Brown in their lives, the world would be a better place. Let me tell you the tears fell on that one!! I still have a ways to go, but after last night's show and a couple of conversations I have had with Jesse, we have to be proud of how far we have come and not make it about weight loss anymore, but rather more about lifestyle. I know that exercise will always be a part of my life now.
This week I would like everyone to write something that they are proud of about their journey. Is it weight loss? Is it you can fit into a certain peice of clothing that you couldn't before? Do you ahve more energy? Then I want you to do something for yourself that does not involve food. Buy a new CD, get a new dress, get a new haircut, and then ROCK!!
We have done so well and I know we will continue to do so. We held together when many teams fell apart. I am glad that I have been part of this journey with all of you even though it has been a short period of time.
I will post the official challenge as soon as I know. Good luck ladies!!

Tammie
(Your Proud coach)
P.S. as a team we lost 3.8lbs this week.

Replies

• tambam72
    Options
    Here's this week challenge:

THE CHALLENGE

This was Makeover Week! I love seeing the transformations of all the contestants after their makeovers. It's almost like they are seeing themselves for the first time. The rise in confidence is amazing. This week I want you all to take time out for yourself and do something just for you. This can be as simple as taking a bubble bath or reading a magazine. You could go buy yourself a new outfit or get a manicure. It doesn't matter what it is just as long as it makes you happy.

The second part of this challenge is inspired by the mudrun. You are going to walk/run/elliptical/swim/bike a 5K (3.1miles). You can mix it up if you'd like but I want it done all at once. I know it might sound scary to some of you but I know you can do it. I'd also like to encourage you all to google mudruns, fun runs, or 5k's in or around your town. They really are a lot of fun and in most cases aren't even that competitive. People are very motivating and the feeling of accomplishment is all the reward you need. bigsmile

I think that I will a LAST CHANCE WORKOUT this week since most if us are way above this level. I will try to get that up tomorrow!! Have a fabulous evening.

Tammie
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I like this challenge. I see a little fun tomorrow night. I'm in definite need of a new pair of running shoes.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies:

:explode: :explode: :explode: LAST CHANCE WORKOUT:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

For any of the exercises, you can use light hand weights or 2 cans in cupboard, either will work.
    1.) Jumping Jacks -20 reps
    2.)Overhead presses- 3 reps of 8
    3.) Walk or run in place for 2 minutes
    4.) Bicep curls- 3 reps of 8
    5.) Jump rope- with or without rope is fine-2 minutes
    6.) Arm circles- 3 reps of 8
    7.) Squats-25 reps
    8.) Tricep extensions- 3 reps of 8
    9.) Knee lifts- 20 each side
    10.) Shoulder presses- 3 reps of 8
    11.) Walk or Run in place- 2 minutes
    12.) Push ups (elevated if you are more advanced)- 3 reps of 8
    13.) Wall sit- 2 minutes ( yes ladies you can do it!!)
    14.) Plank 1-2 minutes
    15.)5 minutes of all out of any 1 exercise-
    -squats
    -push ups
    -running
    -etc.
    16.) STRETCH

Enjoy..have some fun with it!!

Tammie
  • Tolstoy26
    Tolstoy26 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Just finished jogging/walking a 5k around my parents neighborhood. Today is me and my fiance's 6 yr anniversary and we are off to go to our first bridal show (I think this will count as doing something for me b/c I'm very excited to go and convinced him to take me). Hope everyone is having g a great weekend!!
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good evening Ladies:
    I am glad to see that you are doing something nice for yourselves. Buying the new workout clothes for me was great. Going to a bridal show seems like an awesome reward!! I finished the official challenge early in the week and have been doing a lot of spinning and walking this wee, however the scale is stuck once again. It doesn't matter what I do. I have changed my diet etc., but it is stuck. I am just going to have to be patient and keep pushing through this plateau, but I don;t want to go too crazy and back track. Tomorrow I am doing last chance workout and rest because my bad leg is bruising and the knee is swelling which could explain part of the number on the scale. Also two surgeries in the inside of month probably hasn't helped much either, but I don't want to give myself excuses. Ok enough of my rant. I hope all of you ladies are having a great week.

Tammie
    (Discouraged but determined coach)
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's been a busy couple days for me.

On Thursday I ran my 5K in 38 minutes.

On Friday I bought myself new running shoes and a tomtom runner watch.

Today., I ran a 8 & 3/4 mile hill & beach race . This race is the cornerstone for me. Because 8 months ago I decided two things. One I would loose weight and two I would run this race. Today I ran this race on a personal best. First mile was 11:00 minutes flat.

So I went out today and bought my Onderland dress. It's red and puffy and short. 23.2 lbs to go to 199. Wow! Can it be possible??
  • jfea
    jfea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have had a tough week mentally with my journey, just keeping on. I have had a lot of stress this week but then have also been really down on myself so that doesn't help. Last night I went to Lane Bryant and bought myself some nice exercise clothing. I usually workout in baggy black pants and an old t-shirt. Last night I bought some yoga pants and top with jacket to go over it. AND I bought new bras that fit right. So those things were a little boost. Today I did the challenge although I only walked, just too cold and icy here from me to do anything else. Hopefully this will all kick start this week off better with a better frame of mind!
  • tambam72
    Options
    I have had a tough week mentally with my journey, just keeping on. I have had a lot of stress this week but then have also been really down on myself so that doesn't help. Last night I went to Lane Bryant and bought myself some nice exercise clothing. I usually workout in baggy black pants and an old t-shirt. Last night I bought some yoga pants and top with jacket to go over it. AND I bought new bras that fit right. So those things were a little boost. Today I did the challenge although I only walked, just too cold and icy here from me to do anything else. Hopefully this will all kick start this week off better with a better frame of mind!
    I know this weather has been horrible, In the past month we have only had about ten days that have been above zero. It really does not make you want to work out, but your body wants extra fuel to keep warm. It has been a real struggle.I hope you have a great week!!
  • tambam72
    Options
    Awesome Jesse!! You are a machine!!
  • Tolstoy26
    Tolstoy26 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Weight this week is 162.3, a .2 lb loss. I wish it was more, but I'll take what I can get!
  • tambam72
    Options
    Weight this week is 162.3, a .2 lb loss. I wish it was more, but I'll take what I can get!
    Any loss is a loss in the right direction..great job!!

Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies;
    Sorry if you don't hear much from me today, but I have follow up appointments about my kidney stone. At first it was passing nicely the last few days, not so much, I am swollen and in pain. I have to go for an x-ray today and then back to see the DR. to see what the next step will be. Hope everyone is having a good day. Please so not foget to weigh in, either log in or I will post it by tomorrow evening. Thanks a bunch.

Tammie
  • FieryVixsin
    FieryVixsin Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hello Everybody,

Sorry I have been such a ghost started a new job so I'm working on balancing things. I completed the challenge took a nice +4 mile hike on Wednesday. I'll try to do the last chance tonight I will weigh in tomorrow morning I ate late and it was salty last night so I know I'm holding water. Sounds like everyone is doing great so nice to hear. I bought myself a few new computer games to celebrate. You guys were all so good and got fitness stuff, but I'm constantly hunting clearance racks for workout clothes so I'm pretty stocked.

One of my proudest weight loss moments was when I fit into a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear since middle school. My husband had a good laugh as the style was clearly dated but I rocked those. It was kinda bitter sweet when they got to be too big. I keep those and 1 pair of the biggest pants I ever had. On days when I'm not feeling my best I take out my "fat pants" and marvel at how far I've come hard to feel too much like a failure when I can't keep the old pants up.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Hello Everybody,

Sorry I have been such a ghost started a new job so I'm working on balancing things. I completed the challenge took a nice +4 mile hike on Wednesday. I'll try to do the last chance tonight I will weigh in tomorrow morning I ate late and it was salty last night so I know I'm holding water. Sounds like everyone is doing great so nice to hear. I bought myself a few new computer games to celebrate. You guys were all so good and got fitness stuff, but I'm constantly hunting clearance racks for workout clothes so I'm pretty stocked.

One of my proudest weight loss moments was when I fit into a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear since middle school. My husband had a good laugh as the style was clearly dated but I rocked those. It was kinda bitter sweet when they got to be too big. I keep those and 1 pair of the biggest pants I ever had. On days when I'm not feeling my best I take out my "fat pants" and marvel at how far I've come hard to feel too much like a failure when I can't keep the old pants up.
    That is such an awesome idea, I wish I had kept a pair. i was too eager to get rid of all my old clothes or fear I would let myself fit back in them. Congrats on the new job!!

Tammie
  • jfea
    jfea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I think for the challenge I was supposed report a couple of things. I walked a 5K on Sunday morning, I did something for myself - bought new exercise clothes and new bras, and I am most proud of in the journey that everyday I have more motivation and energy (I was feeling old, tired and exhausted all the time).

Tammie, is this what I was supposed to report?

Joy