Let's get Sharted (Challenges)

Options

Replies

• Believeth64
    Believeth64 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    @ Pricilla, thanks so much.

Today's Challenge, I did 4 sets of wall push-up and 15 reps each, was a little challenging because I don't do much strength training right now. However this will strengthen my arms. Hope I am not to sore in the morning:laugh: Good night and I pray everyone have a sweet sleep:heart:
  • luvnevrfails
    luvnevrfails Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Had a great day today. 969 calories for exercising, 13175 steps, 8 cups of water, and I was under my calorie intake... I do strength training via Leslie Sansone's Firm 30 for 30 minutes, on tues, thurs & sat using 3 pound weights. It is lunges, squats, curls, over head press, crunches, and I can't remember the rest. But its really good...
  • tbrp
    tbrp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder about the wall push ups. I also like to do counter push ups when i am in the kitchen working. Easy to get a set of 10 or 15 in quickly.

I had a good day. I ate a little more than I planned, but stayed within calories. I was just feeling a little light headed tonight and had a PB English muffin. Sometimes when I need protein I crave peanut butter. It seemed to help so I am happy.

Talk to y'all tomorrow.
  • alix_a
    alix_a Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today is Monday. I was so excited that my Zumba class was open today. On the days when I have no class I rarely get much exercise. I really like Zumba class because the people are nice, supportive, and happy. I always feel good after class. A shower has never been better than after Zumba class. I find that participating in something where people are glad to see you makes going so much easier. It was a good day. : )
  • Believeth64
    Options
    Luke 21:19

In Your Patience Possess Your Soul.

Today's Thought: We are going to allow God to stay in Control because without him our stomach will try to take control.

Tuesday- Pump It Up, Add at least 15 more minutes to your workout today.

@ Alix, welcome:flowerforyou: yes I just love Zumba you are right when you have people it really helps to stay focused. You are doing fabulous keep up the great work.

@ Tonia, I also do them on the foot of my foot board, good thought peanut butter helps with over night hungry. Keep up the great work:flowerforyou:

@ Pricilla, my, my you got that bodymedia and you are burning down the town:laugh: you are on a mission and can't be stopped.

Well today I have to get in my extra 15 minutes I think it might be something exciting shake things up a little. I will post tonight. Don't forget:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Keep Moving and Keep Believing:heart:

fa591b3cbd22fa5.gif
  • tbrp
    tbrp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Alix - Zumba is great exercise. Nice that you found such a supportive group. Stay with it, you are doing great
  • Believeth64
    Options
    Today have been a great day, I mean a great day:happy: . I started out early this morning and by time early afternoon I had over an hour workout. Then I worked out with my daughter this evening. Today I did my 15 extra minutes in Advanced Gospel Aerobic, For my strength Training I did Squats 4 sets/ 15 reps each. I know I will be sore in the morning:laugh: . I looked at my bodymedia and so far I am at 16,057 steps. I've had all my :drinker: which is a gallon.

@ Pricilla, my bodymedia shows my total burn today at 4,176 calories and so far I have a deficit of 2,345, now that is not good I have to eat more calories because if I don't I will not lose weight good. :ohwell: enough about me. I pray everyone have a good night sleep and we will pick-up tomorrow where we left from today, if the Lord say the same:heart:
  • luvnevrfails
    Options
    Morning all!!! Wednesday check in - So far my week has gone very well. I am doing a 30 day challenge called Walk it off in 30 days and I can tell that I have gotten stronger. Especially on the days when I have Firm 30 because I am able to to the crunch portion of the session a lot better now... So I am proud of myself and I am determined to finish this challenge. I have 8 more days left. I',m thinking on doing Julian Michaels 30 day Shred next... I should have measured myself when I first started but I did not think of it. I have not done my exercise yet for the day so I will measure myself today. Hoping everyone has a great day today and I will check back in tonight...

@Barbara - Girl you know you be moving... That is a wonderful burn... I gotta amp up my moving. Once I have done my 60 minute exercising in the morning, I'm pretty much done for the day. Maybe I will play a dance game with my son after we are done with home school today so I can burn some extra calories... And I will think about a daily burn goal to shoot for too...
  • Believeth64
    Options
    James 1:12

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love Him.

Today's Thought: Faith in Christ can lead to freedom from daily struggles.

@ Pricilla, You will have great results from walking because at a fast pace for a good while burns a lot of calories. Don't worry you will be building up more and more muscles which will give you more resistances. Don't forget our challenge for the week. Oh and yes please do your measurements because you will defiantly lose inches fast when you workout.

Wednesday- Check-in, A time for sharing how your week is going so far.

So far my week is going fabulous, i've had moments when sometimes I felt tired however I just pushed through them.
    I always tell myself I am going to have 2 rest day a week but i never do. I have to do something to get a burn in,
    it could be a mind thing. I do know i have to eat more calories because for the calories i am burning is to high for the food intake.
    I know some peoples here say if you don't eat enough then you won't lose weight. I know i don't want that to happen.
    So this week I upped my calories another 100 calories on the days I get very high burn. I also went to the store
    and bought me some nuts so I can use some of my calires from them. Other then that I am having a great week so far.
    I have to share this i've been though so many left ankle surgeries and bedrest for past years it is making me so Grateful to be able to even move around.
    I will take care of my ankle like my doctor want me to do, however I will still work hard at my journey at the same time.
    I will continue to workout even if I have to go back to chair aerobics. ( And believe me they work) Right now I am enjoying being on my feet and doing what
    I love to do the most and that is workout.

fa591b3cbd22fa5.gif
  • teresapooh98
    teresapooh98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    What is the challenge for the week this week has been crazy so haven't gotten on as much as I would like to. I have a hard time staying active in a group.
  • Believeth64
    Options
    What is the challenge for the week this week has been crazy so haven't gotten on as much as I would like to. I have a hard time staying active in a group.

This Weeks Challenge, At least one strength training a day for at least 5 days, example one day you might do arm curls, one day leg lifts, one day wall push ups, one day squats, one day hammer curls and so one. You can pick what ever workout you desire, however whatever you pick you have to do at least 4 sets and at least 12 reps starting and go as your muscles will allow, as you get to the last rep. As we post daily here in group report your progress
  • Believeth64
    Options
    I am officially tired:laugh: I worked out so hard today my muscles started getting sore immediately:laugh: That Boxing putted a job on me. Well today I did Kickbacks 4 sets 12 to 18 reps. I am going to bed and get some much needed sleep. I pray everyone have a good night sleep:heart:
  • Believeth64
    Options
    Romans 5:3-4

We Glory in tribulations also, knowing that tribulation work patience; and patience, experience; and experience; hope.

Thursday- Food Sharing, If anyone need any help with recipes, food alternatives, great snack ideals

I've found a lot of snack foods. Special K has come out with a great line of snacks. Protein bars can help you make it through those difficult times. Whenever you eat Carbs mix with a little protein (I eat nuts) Ore'Ida have simply fries and that also include sweet potato fries also. Drinking :drinker: flushed out f a t, Also low sodium v8 juice. Don't forget the power of hot lemon water. Pam spray cooks great and with flavor that's an ideal to help save some calories. Keep Moving and Keep Believing.

fa591b3cbd22fa5.gif
  • Believeth64
    Options
    Well today was great I did my power walk this morning, then I did my evening workout with my daughter it was wonderful. For this week challenge I did leg lifts with weights. I am so sore I think I will do something different tomorrow, like abs:laugh: I got my gallon of water and made over 11,000 steps today. Well goodnight to all have a good night sleep:heart:
  • Believeth64
    Options
    Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Today's Thought: I will take healthy eating one day at a time. one pound at a time!

Friday- Fitness, How's your fitness workouts going so far this week, are you having any challenges you need help with.

My workout has been going fabulous, I ended up doing more than I thought. I am really trying to challenge myself so that I can lose a lot of inches. I can see my clothes getting loose by the weeks and I feel fantastic:happy: Today I will defiantly do abs I am so sore:laugh: I guess I will determine what cardio when I get back this morning. Well I see everyone is busy however I will keep posting daily. Keep Moving and Keep Believing:heart:

d42eb67d83413dc.gif

Well today was slower than I wanted it to be, I had a easy day of fitness. I decided to listen to my body and go slower:laugh: who am I fooling I was tired and sore:laugh: I manage to burn over 800 calories in power walking. Well it's time for some much needed rest, good night and sweet dreams:heart:
  • teresapooh98
    teresapooh98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My workouts are going pretty good. Still have some days were I don't want to go but most of the days I go and some mornings I skip but usually go in evening. Hardest thing is the motivation at times to go to the gym.
  • Believeth64
    Options
    My workouts are going pretty good. Still have some days were I don't want to go but most of the days I go and some mornings I skip but usually go in evening. Hardest thing is the motivation at times to go to the gym.

Sometimes it is hard to gather that strength to workout that's why I feel as long as you listen to your body you can't go wrong. There are days when I burn less because I don't feel the way I did the day before. However I want you to know that you are doing wonderful and keep up the great work. A burn is a burn and it all adds up in time:heart:
  • Believeth64
    Options
    Hebrews 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must Believe that He is, and that He is a Rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

Today's Thought: I will take dieting one day at a time, one pound at a time!

Saturday- Staying Focus, Our main goal is to reach our individual journeys therefore we will work harder on week-ends.

Today all I can do is stay focused because it is the weekend and my husband is off night shift. All he do is sit in this room and eat junk food. I can say if I wanted it I could get it, but I don't want to eat all that unhealthy stuff, loaded with empty calories. My heart is focused on one thing and that is to be successful this year. I will make my journey and I will not let anything nor anyone side track me. Even if I struggle at times and need something like a big treat I will give myself permission to do so. However as long as I can keep the faith I will continue to move forward. Now I know there are times when we do treat ourselves but it will be if I really need to do that. :ohwell: that is how I feel right now. I really miss all my group friends:cry::cry: I will keep posting because coming here lifts me up. Keep Moving and Keep Believing:heart:

d42eb67d83413dc.gif

Today oh yes has been fabulous, I worked out and burn 1,945 calories, my steps so far is12,586 for today. I did less yesterday and today I had great energy:laugh: For our challenge I did Abs 4 sets of 12 reps each. I just :love: my ifit workout on my treadmill. Well I feel a :yawn: coming:laugh: Good night and I pray everyone have sweet sweet sleep:heart:
  • luvnevrfails
    Options
    Hello all!!! It's been busy on this end. We are down to one car and sometimes my husband doesn't get home from work til late in the evening. So, Saturday is run errands day. I found that I was really tired Friday and today. I was about 15 minutes into my exercise Friday and I just couldn't do it... I also took today off, but I am ready for a strong start Monday... Hoping everyone had a great week and that their week end is going well...
  • Believeth64
    Options
    Good morning

@Pricilla, those days do come and ask you can do is your best.

Sunday- Share, I'm on my way to church looking forward to a fabulous day. The word is a light unto my path and Lord knows i need direction because everyday had its challenges. I do have a share today, my husband brought all that junk yesterday then Street eating it in the bed he said it won't even good. Yea right he brought I believe what he thought I like.