XSport fitness members ?

Options
MJKUBBA
MJKUBBA Posts: 19 Member
wondering any members here ?
I've been member for over 3 years and seen it all the good, the bad and the ugly!
I live in Woodridge and the closest one to me is Darien but I really don't like that location, always smells funny and the over all atmosphere is weird so I usually go to DG (Finley RD) or Naperville, both are 8 miles from me.

This is my takes on these 2:
Both: wight area and machines almost the same, most members clean after themselves, I like the downstairs machine area in DG more, they just replaced few of them, both have good and clean (most of the times) swimming pool and Jacuzzi, DG need to dial down on the chlorine but it's a public pool and i kinda see the need for it, basketball court is beautiful although busy most of the times i'm there,
Naperville: steam room (men) always smells funny, need to be cleaned regularly, mentioned that couple times to the staff and come next day the same! unlike DG they will clean it if you mention it, Sauna is a bit coldish to my taste.
DG: steam room is set to steam cooking everyone there, but I like it, Sauna is really hot, and I kinda like that too.

what do you guys think ?
and anyone else here go to these locations ? I'm also looking for a workout buddy.

MJ

Replies

• nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I go to the one in St Charles but due to schedule and location I haven't gone as much. Currently in process at changing to a smaller neighborhood gym for convienience... But still too far from Naperville!! Good luck!!
  • MJKUBBA
    MJKUBBA Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    never been to the one in St Charles, My best friend lives in the city and I used to go with him to Bricktown? and sometimes to the one on State st. by the redline.
  • shellshue
    shellshue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been a member at Darien for a while and now DG. Sometimes I stop into Lombard since that is closer to me.

I like DG better because of the size and larger quantity of everything. However, I do not like that they have almost no medicine balls available and kettle bells. Also, do not like all the resolution people right now because there are a couple times there were no treadmills available.

Darien always had several medicine balls and kettle bells available. However, it was smaller and did not have as many machines which always seems to make you have to wait sometimes.

Lombard is my least favorite. It is always busy, the windows are always steamed up, smells funny and is usually too hot. I had to leave one time because I was not feeling well after 10 minutes due to the temps.