RECIPES - Veggie/Gluten Free

Options
artgreendog
artgreendog Posts: 14 Member
Recipes substituting healthier items for unhealthy.
Post a reply not a new topic.

Replies

• artgreendog
    Options
    APPLE CIDER VINEGAR TEA
    6-8 oz. Water
    2 T. Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (Raw, Unfiltered)
    1 T. Honey
    1 t. Cinnamon

Micro water for 3 minutes. Put in honey and stir for one minute. Stir in apple cider vinegar and cinnamon.
    While drinking, you'll have to periodically stir to keep the cinnamon moving around. After you are done drinking your tea swish some water around your mouth as the apple cider vinegar can erode your tooth enamel. I try to drink this 3 times a week. If you want to drink this on a daily basis reduce the apple cider vinegar to 1-2 teaspoons and use half of the honey and cinnamon.
  • Loosing63
    Loosing63 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I remember my mother making this recipe for weight loss. I am 50 years old now, so this recipe is around for quite some time. You just used cold water and mixed in the apple cider vinegar and honey. (No cinnamon). You were supposed to drink it on an empty stomach in the morning before breakfast. Sometime the recipe called for once a day, sometimes it called for 3 times daily.

I was flipping channels last week and I stumbled upon the Dr. Oz show. He recommended mixing carob powder into smoothies, sprinkling it on cereal or even bake with it. According to him carob is acing as a natural fat blocker. I had to make gluten free cookies as a treat for my daughters class and the recipe used carob chips as a substitute for chocolate chips. The carob chips actually tasted like chocolate. :smile:
  • Loosing63
    Loosing63 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    *acting as a fat blocker
  • artgreendog
    Options
    ACV is good for so many things that ail you!