Getting Started

Options
Initially, instead of focusing on weight loss, I decided to focus on adding 3 fruits and 3 vegetables to my daily diet. This has caused me to be more aware of the choices that I make. By choosing a veg or fruit instead of a processed food when hungry, I am automatically reducing the number of calories that I consume. Very easy change that has got me off to a great start.

Replies

• lhberger
    lhberger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I've lost 20 lbs in 14 months. Very slow. But have changed eating in a permanent way. And I'm not gaining!!
    My issues are. Chocolate sweets. I use 100 cal snacks but keep slowly eating more.
    And I do not exercise. And cannot get myself to.
    Seems like I have low willpower and have done all I can. May not be able to lose the next 20.
  • samba333
    Options
    I'm not yet into a lot of exercise either. Yoga doesn't burn up a lot of calories; it just makes me feel better (fibromyalgia and arthritis). However, i spent a couple of hours doing yard work today and burned up about 600 calories!
  • Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Good morning.... I'm not an exercise person either. Don't get me wrong, I know that it is good for me, but I'm very sporadic with it. I may go 3 or 4 days, and then nothing. I do try to get out walking when the weather permits. My weight has been up and down lately, and this past week I have really been watching myself with the calories. W/I this morning and -1... I love most foods.... I mean LOVE them. I just have to learn how to love them in moderation. As far as willpower? I have it when I have it, and when I don't? Look out!!

Kat :)
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I love to work-out it is my stress reliever. I also love sweets. Chocolate is my weakness. I have been allowing myself to eat 2 of the weight watchers snacks per day. These are awesome but not easy to find in stores. I also like the skinny cow snacks.