Let's get Sharted (Challenges)

Options

Replies

• teresapooh98
    teresapooh98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else don't sweat at all or very much because that's me. Stressed out with everything going on. Sorry for not posting hardly at all been very busy with my grandpa but still manage to exercise.
    My week went pretty good stressful but productive. This week will hopefully be better.
  • Believeth64
    Believeth64 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else don't sweat at all or very much because that's me. Stressed out with everything going on. Sorry for not posting hardly at all been very busy with my grandpa but still manage to exercise.
    My week went pretty good stressful but productive. This week will hopefully be better.

I pour sweat when I workout, I do understand with you have so much to do during the day. I pray that the stress gets better:heart:
  • teresapooh98
    Options
    I lost 2.2 pounds this week for a total of 55.4 pounds. This weekend has been hard since it's my dad's birthday but I did pretty good but I over did it on the ice cream but on the cake I didn't have much. Overall I think the weekend went pretty good even though I was stressed out about my grandpa. I'm still stressed out but I think I can handle little better now. I hope this week goes better than the last. Meaning I hope I'm not as stressed out because I can't take being too stressed out. I did make it to the Y this morning and my work out went pretty well and tomorrow I have my trainer in the morning.
  • Believeth64
    Options
    James 5:11

Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

Today's Thought: Job lost everything, and God blessed him greatly for what he suffered. If Job can endure, so can We!

Monday- Progress Report, Any weight lost, NSV (non scale victory) or anything that you have accomplished the past week.

@ Teresa, You are doing fabulous, 2.2 pounds lost and had so much stress all around you. You know most people would have went on a binge, but you manage to keep it together in spite of what's going on. You deserve:flowerforyou: We will continue to pray for your grandpa. Oh and great job at the Y today.

I lost 1.6 pounds I thought it was going to be more but it is what it is. I can say I am grateful because at least something is constantly coming off. I did my measurements last week due to the fact I workout so much I don't know how it will reflex on the scale in the future. I had a great week last week, I manage to meet the challenge and I can feel it too:laugh: I can say through it all I feel fantastic. I am looking forward to great things this year and I pray this group begin to grow. I know all that come here will be encouraged and lifted up. :noway: I am going to give up, I am on a mission this year. I look at all the days I've logged in and I am still not at goal. :ohwell: that's the past and I am looking to the future. This is My Year, My Season:wink: No matter what comes your way today, Keep Moving and Keep Believing:heart:

-This Week Challenge- Eat at least 2 to 3 fruits and or 4 to 5 vegetables daily, also walk at lest one mile a day for 4 to 6 days this week.

d42eb67d83413dc.gif
  • luvnevrfails
    luvnevrfails Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Morning all!!! Monday - Progress Report. Last week went pretty good. By the time Friday came around, my body was telling me that I needed to take a rest so that is what I did. I only did 15 minutes of my burn 30 exercise on Friday and nothing on Saturday. This morning I added the last 15 min of my burn 30 and then I did the full 30 in an effort to make up for what I did not do on this past Friday. My 30 days of walk it off in 30 was to end on this Thursday, but I will extend it to the 31st to make up for this past Saturday.

I lost 0.9 pounds last week and I am grateful for that lost. I have to strive to stay focused and purposely eat right and exercise so that it can become a habit.

It is almost 11 am on this end and I have not even started home school yet, because I am playing catch up for what I did not do Friday and Saturday. SMH!!! :ohwell:

Now to get in those servings of fruits and veggies today... I will add the walk in at the end of my day...

Let's have a great week!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • teresapooh98
    Options
    My goal for this week is to post on here more often and how many miles I walked each day. I lost 2.2 pounds this past week. I've lost a total of 55.4 pounds.This week might be harder to lose weight because we had my dad's birthday celebration this past weekend but I'll try my best to lose. A little less stressed and feel better about my grandpa.
  • teresapooh98
    Options
    If anyone knows how do u convert steps to miles. Any information is helpful and I'll look on the internet.
  • luvnevrfails
    luvnevrfails Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If anyone knows how do u convert steps to miles. Any information is helpful and I'll look on the internet.

Found the below via this web site: http://www.thewalkingsite.com/10000steps.html

How many steps do you walk each day?

Maybe you have heard the recent guidelines about walking 10,000 steps per day. How far is 10,000 steps anyway? The average person's stride length is approximately 2.5 feet long. That means it takes just over 2,000 steps to walk one mile, and 10,000 steps is close to 5 miles.
  • teresapooh98
    Options
    Thanks for the info
  • Believeth64
    Options
    @ Pricilla, you did great considering your injury. And you had a fantastic weight lost. You know some people don't want to post loses like 0.2 or 0 point anything However think about this no matter the lost it is still great because it is not a gain. Even if you remain that is still good your body have to readjust. I am so proud of you:flowerforyou: And thanks for sharing the website to help Teresa and so others that didn't know how to calculate steps into miles.

@ Teresa, I can't express how proud I am of you, you had so many challenges and you still stayed focused:flowerforyou: And you had a fantastic weight lost.

Today I did a little over 6 1/2 miles, I had 3 fruits and 2 veggies. I didn't have my broccoli today because I was on the road practically all day, with a mid day appointment and the time was so close to pick up my daughter we stayed out and ran errands. I am so tired, I am so glad I worked out this morning early before I left. I know if I had not this evening would not have been an option. I feel:yawn: Yes like Pricilla said let's have a great week. I pray everyone have a good night sleep

d42eb67d83413dc.gif
  • Believeth64
    Options
    2Peter 1:10

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.

Today's Thought: I am keeping God between me and the refrigerator!

Tuesday- Pump It Up, Add at least 15 more minutes to your workout today.

Today I don't know what my extra fifteen minutes will be, I am going to have some fun. I am thinking about tugging. Well it's time to get moving:laugh: I have lots of steps to make today. Keep Moving and Keep Believing:heart:

d42eb67d83413dc.gif

Today has been great, I walked about 5 miles, I had 1 fruit and 10 veggies today. My extra 15 minutes I did stationary bike. Well time for bed good night.
  • Believeth64
    Options
    Romans 8:18

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Today's Thought: I am one of God's miracles, and He will help me be my best!

Wednesday- Check-in, A time for sharing how your week is going so far.

Well so far so good for me. I have been very busy and the week just started:ohwell: I am slipping. Guess what day it is, it's hump day:laugh: I have done well on my food choices since this journey started Jan 1st. I can say I feel :happy: because I remember the days when I was doing good and then starting to slip some. I am not saying I am doing everything right but I can say I am eating right and exercising. So far I have not been having any unhealthy snacks or foods. I am so thankful to God for the strength He is giving me to avoid junk food. I can truly say I am junk food junkie. I just :love: junk. However this time around I made up my mind I am not going to use a lot of calories in junk, matter of fact I am trying to stay away from it long as I can. And if I need something sweet I will make healthier choices:smooched: Some say winter is the hardest time of the year to lose weight due to the fact of cold outside and we snuggle and be lazy. But the devil is a liar I am not going to be lazy, I will keep Moving and I will keep Losing:laugh: Well this is my story and I pray everyone have a great day. Keep Moving and Keep Believing:heart:

Today I walked 5 miles, I had 3 fruits and 10 veggies. Now it's time for bed and I still have 4 hours before my bodymedia resets for tomorrow. Good Night To All:heart:
  • teresapooh98
    Options
    This week so far hasn't been very good so far I'm gaining about 2 pounds. I hope to lose some weight I hope.
    I believe I can do it. Exercise this morning was good and plan on going Again this evening. I'm so tired this mid morning. Probably getting up too early in the morning.
  • Believeth64
    Options
    This week so far hasn't been very good so far I'm gaining about 2 pounds. I hope to lose some weight I hope.
    I believe I can do it. Exercise this morning was good and plan on going Again this evening. I'm so tired this mid morning. Probably getting up too early in the morning.

Sometimes your weight can go up during the week die to many factors, we will hope for a lost on your weigh-in day this week. I pray that you will feel better.
  • Believeth64
    Options
    1Corinthians 7:17

But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk.

Today's Thought: God will help me lose my weight without losing my mind!

Thursday- Food Sharing, If anyone need any help with recipes, food alternatives, great snack ideals.

Sometimes when I feel a sweet tooth I will get a atomic ball, they really help because it takes a while before it is all gone. I also eat the Thomas bagel thins they are good. Don't forget the laughing cow cream cheese, they come in many flavors.

@ Tonia, how do the lemon zest luna bar taste and what do it remind you of as in taste. Also the clif bars.

Today will be a Great Day, I know we all get busy during the day however I pray we all find the time to get our workouts in. I really do miss everyone:sad: :sad: seriously I do. I am still praying that many will come and be blessed to make this journey. Don't forget our challenge for the week, Keep Moving and Keep Believing.

d42eb67d83413dc.gif
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    Not much going on here. Doctors appointments.. left and right. Found out my 4 year old needs glasses. Saw a psych for the first time 2 days ago. A change in medications. Which upon reading the reviews has caused some people to gain 25 pounds in 2 weeks. So I need to watch that and stay on track.

I haven't been working out due to the fact that I have asked my husband to please tighten the screws on my elliptical... And needless to say they aren't fixed yet.
    hopefully soon I will be back on the road to weight loss. SHOW ME THE MONEY!
    The 5 dollars per pound that my hubby has offered me.... Has made me want this all the more!
    Hope everyone is having a Great day!
  • Believeth64
    Options
    Not much going on here. Doctors appointments.. left and right. Found out my 4 year old needs glasses. Saw a psych for the first time 2 days ago. A change in medications. Which upon reading the reviews has caused some people to gain 25 pounds in 2 weeks. So I need to watch that and stay on track.

I haven't been working out due to the fact that I have asked my husband to please tighten the screws on my elliptical... And needless to say they aren't fixed yet.
    The 5 dollars per pound that my hubby has offered me.... Has made me want this all the more!

I am also on 3 allergy meds that cause weight gained, what I do is work harder due to the odds against me. I know you will make it because we are here for you though the thick and thin:heart: We have weekly challenges and it's not written in stone all you can do is your best. Watch your sodium daily and even if you break up your workout it still adds up at the end of the day. I am so glad to see you here.
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options

I am also on 3 allergy meds that cause weight gained, what I do is work harder due to the odds against me. I know you will make it because we are here for you though the thick and thin:heart: We have weekly challenges and it's not written in stone all you can do is your best. Watch your sodium daily and even if you break up your workout it still adds up at the end of the day. I am so glad to see you here.

Thank You! You guys are all stuck with me!
  • Believeth64
    Options
    I am so :happy: I walked 5 miles today, I had 2.5 fruits and 10 veggies. I eat a lot of broccoli I just :love: it. I tooked it light today and burned less calories. I think I will do a very high calorie burn tomorrow:laugh: well that's my plan :ohwell: enough about me. I pray everyone have sweet sleep and see you in the morning if the Lord say the same:heart:
  • Believeth64
    Options
    Galatians 1:10

For I do now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Today's Thought: The more I care, the less I weigh!

Friday- Fitness, How's your fitness workouts going so far this week, are you having any challenges you need help with. 

For me so far so good, I've worked out 4 days so far this week. Today I will have my high calorie burn. The only challenge I'm having is lifting heavy weights. I am considering lifting heavier later in my journey because if I do it now the scale is really going to slow way down. I have so much to lose right now and I want those numbers to keep moving down. I do strength training with lighter weights. No more than 10# upper and 30# lower right now. I hope everyone have a FitFriday remember Keep Moving and Keep Believing:heart:

d42eb67d83413dc.gif

I only walked 3.5 miles today however I had 5 veggies and 1 fruit.