5 days out

Options
Shannie312
Shannie312 Posts: 46 Member
Things are going pretty good here. Doing a lot better getting the protein and the liquids. Getting used to Isopure Zero Carb RTD before surgery was a good idea, don't really care for the taste but can't argue with 40 gm protein in every 20 oz. Not really taking any pain meds, some soreness around my drain (yes, I still have one until Friday) that comes with getting up and down and the occasional cough. Might try the treadmill at a slow pace later today. Things are looking up:)

Replies

• lindsey_i_am
    Options
    Glad things are going well! I've been drinking Isopure too. Still no bm, so I'm a little concerned about constipation. What have you been eating? What is the drain for? I don't have one....
  • Shannie312
    Shannie312 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Tmi but I've had maybe 2 bms since I've been home, not at all solid. Do you feel constipated? I am wondering if there is anything in there to come out! Do you feel like you are peeing enough (clear yellow urine)? Sorry, I am a nurse! The only thing I am "eating" is sugar free jello, Popsicles, fudgesicles. I am on clear sugar free liquids, skim milk and protein drinks until I see my doctor Friday. Then I can do full liquids, cream soups, yogurt with no chunks. The drain is collecting fluid from my abdominal cavity, pretty standard for my doctor.
  • lindsey_i_am
    Options
    Yeah sorry for the tmi! I'm on full liquid. Everything is good now, but you are right, not a lot that needs to come out anyway!

Hope everything is going good for you!