Do I enter my food and exercise on MFP or Fitbit?

Options
Hi everyone I am curious where I should be entering this? So far I love having the FitBit.

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    it said to only log food on MFP.
    i log food on here, let the fitbit do the exercise stuff. it figures my deficit.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I also log my exercise on MFP. I like the satisfaction of seeing a record of exactly what I've done. You don't HAVE to log your exercise though. If you do log your exercise on MFP, you may see a negative adjustment from FitBit on your MFP exercise page. Basically MFP overestimates calories burned and MFP makes an adjustment to what you actually burned (according to FitBit).
  • runmamarun7
    runmamarun7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had this same question :smile: So let me see if I have this correct, if someone could tell me. I only put in my food on mfp, I run 30 minutes and do not post that on mfp, I let my fitbit take care of the calories for that, the extra calories it gives me throughout the day for the amount of exercise I do can be eaten back if I choose? I usually eat a portion of my exercise calories back and I am just afraid that my fitbit is giving me too many calories. An example would be today for instance I did strength training, I did not log it on MFP, I did at first because I know fitbit does not record those calories well, but then later took it back because it seemed to be such a small amount. Fitbit is giving me an extra 400 calories today (which I have not used) but I guess it is basing this on the fact that I have been super busy running around today. I could eat those 400 calories back if I chose though?
  • JeffreyJRiggs
    JeffreyJRiggs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    would be nice if MFP could read the FitBit stuff and pull it over.. all for a single location to view...
    I am just on day 2 of my flex usage...

and eventually would like to have food/exercise tracked... but not through different apps...
  • cynthia_h
    cynthia_h Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the Flex but have used MFP in the past successfully. I've noted they do seem to pull form each other. I logged a circuit training with estimated calories based on METs in MFP as the Flex doesn't record the more non-moving stuff. I may actually have an over estimation of calories burned, but it appears the MFP log replaces the Fitbit tracking on Fitbit during the time period specified. I can see that in my Fitbit dashboard and activities log. Note that I consider the fitbit as an accessory to MFP.