Week 16

Options
Aprilstar480
Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
I haven't finished watching last night's episode but I did see the marathon... Rachael kicks butt!!! What was her final time??? Like an hour and a half I think:noway: That's amazing!!!

Looks like the Green team took this week with a loss of 2.44%!

You all did awesome with the challenges. We all have so much going on in our lives, its nice to see how you all stopped to take time for yourself. I'm glad you all embraced the 5K also cause I'm taking it a little further this week:bigsmile: Green team ge ts 10 points for everyone reporting this week. Unfortunately the other two teams had non/late weigh-in's so they get 5 points each.

Top 3 Biggest Losers

Kaylikee is our biggest loser with a total of 1.7% loss
ljdanny has said goodbye to 1.25% of body fat this week
Kantonaroof follows close behind with an outstanding 1.24% gone and lost forever

THE CHALLENGE:

We are gonna run a marathon!!! That's right, each of us are gonna sweat out 26 miles! Don't worry though, I found this nifty little conversion chart that will help you transform your favorite gym class or workout routine into miles. Once you reach the finish line keep moving cause points will be given to the team with the most miles. You hear that Purple/Yellow, your not out of the game yet... I haven't decided exactly what the reward will be but it will definitely be enough to fill in the gap or take an outstanding lead!

Points as of now:

Green 172
P/Y 121
R/B/O 188

http://www.oshr.nc.gov/Support/Wellness/M4W exercise conversion flyer.pdf

Replies

• Pfil
    Pfil Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone who lost weight this week! Every little bit is a step in the right direction.

Aprilstar - For those of us with pedometers, can we use that for counting walking/running?
    1. When running or walking, report actual steps or converted miles. (1 mile = 2000 steps)
  • tambam72
    tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I like this and I am assuming that the marathon is cumulative until you reach 26 miles and then extra points after that or do we have to complete 26 miles in one day? I wear a pedometer every day because I have found biggest weight loss comes when you get in at least 10000 steps or 5 miles in each day. Today was 19960=9.980 miles. I like the challenge. Let's get it done and rock this week!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    The 26 miles is cumulative though out the week. Please only use your pedometers for purposeful exercise. Using it to log the steps you take while grocery shopping or walking to and from your car does not count. That wouldn't be fair for those who don't have pedometers.
  • tambam72
    tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I agree..my 10000 + comes from exercise only. Walking to and from your car is added bonus.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the losers! :drinker:

April~Nice Challenge!!!