• Nanba007
    Nanba007 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think I may have stayed the same.
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I think I may have stayed the same.

You've done well to achieve your monthly goal though, any extra is a bonus right :)
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I have lost. So it's all good this week. :happy:
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Managed to lose 0.3 kg (just under a lb) this week, Friday to Friday, which is good :smile:

My Wednesday to Wednesday score (for the Lose 5 Lbs in January thread) was 1 kg, which is amazing! Although I don't really believe it cuz I can't possibly have lost that much weight this week!
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm 95.4% the man I was at the beginning of the month (by mass). Life's good.
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    BDonjon ... Have you lost 15lb this month??

If I understand right, that is incredible ... please share!! What is your secret??
  • BrettWithPKU
    Options
    Sallie,

Unfortunately there's no secret. I'll say up front that I plan and measure my calorie ins and outs such that I should be losing 2 pounds a week: not 4. My success to this point is due to eating to a calorie target and exercising almost every day.

But:

I hear all the time from older folks (men and women) who say it's easier for younger people to lose weight.
    I hear all the time from women (of all ages) who say it's easier for men to lose weight.
    And I believe them.

Despite the trend, I believe that my legitimate weight loss IS 2 pounds a week, and the rest is water weight that will not last.
  • Nanba007
    Nanba007 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I feel real good about my loss so far this month. :) I sure do enjoy that page.
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Iv not had a good couple of weeks last week I put on half a pound and this week I don't feel is much better, im hoping that I can change this so its not to much weight gain but I really feel its going to be a gain again.
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Iv not had a good couple of weeks last week I put on half a pound and this week I don't feel is much better, im hoping that I can change this so its not to much weight gain but I really feel its going to be a gain again.

Hiya hun.... when I feel like this, I have a word with myself and make good effort to not fall in to bad habits again. it's so easy to fall in to bad habits, this journey is a big struggle for most of us and I found quitting smoking easier than this lol but we have to keep strong and battle it on. You've done so well. keep your chin up :flowerforyou:
  • BrettWithPKU
    Options

Hiya hun.... when I feel like this, I have a word with myself and make good effort to not fall in to bad habits again. it's so easy to fall in to bad habits, this journey is a big struggle for most of us and I found quitting smoking easier than this lol but we have to keep strong and battle it on. You've done so well. keep your chin up :flowerforyou:

I have one thing to add:

This option isn't as commonly thought of as it used to be: but if you have a supreme being of choice (as a Christian I call mine "God"), you might ask for His help whenever you're struggling. If you ask His help and you're serious about it, He has a way of helping you get your priorities in order.

Know what? Even if you don't subscribe to that belief in a surpreme being, pray anyway. Just do the best you can; I'm sure you've seen people do it.
    You can be certain that prayer produces hope, which leads to miracles; and miracles are EITHER divine intervention, or the world's strongest placebo effect.
  • gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    [/quote

Hi, you can do this.... don't worry about what's happened each day is a chance to start over .Don't focus on the .5 Ib gain....we all feel like this at times and it won't take much to get back on track!
    X]
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone I had another gain this week 1.5lb so that's a 2lb gain in 2 weeks but after reading your msg iv given myself a kick up the butt and had a little pray as well I really want to do this and struggle everyday with trying to change my way of thinking im very much an emotional eater, If im sad, Happy, Angry so im trying really hard to change that.

As off today im back on it and I know im going to be up and down a lot this road wont be a straight one but a very wibberly wobberly one that I will need support on.
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Thank you everyone I had another gain this week 1.5lb so that's a 2lb gain in 2 weeks but after reading your msg iv given myself a kick up the butt and had a little pray as well I really want to do this and struggle everyday with trying to change my way of thinking im very much an emotional eater, If im sad, Happy, Angry so im trying really hard to change that.

As off today im back on it and I know im going to be up and down a lot this road wont be a straight one but a very wibberly wobberly one that I will need support on.

I hear you on the emotional eating, I've always done that in the past, which is why I have ended up so big. but I wont take it anymore, I've had enough of doing it and then feeling bad for eating it. my one thing I loved so much was pizza. I absolutely crave it all the time. It hurts some times, but you have to get through the barrier. just know you have us all here for support if you need it xxx
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I started the month with a cold, made some improvements when I felt better, and and then just fell off the wagon. In fact the horses started dragging me behind the wagon. Spring sunshine and weather above 40 needs to get here soon. I dislike winter with a vengeance!
  • keeldrum
    keeldrum Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Another pound lost this week which I'm very pleased with.
    However I need to step up a gear and create good goals for Feb to help the weight keep coming off.
    This group is really helping me to stay on-track.

Can I make a suggestion though...

I find that a Friday weigh-in means I go off focus over the weekend as I've lost weight. I tend to relax or even go on a bit of a bender!!!
    Might I suggest we change our weigh in day to MONDAY??!!!
    That way we stay focussed over the weekend and are more likely to succeed.

Please let me know what you think.
    Happy losing, losers!!!
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Another pound lost this week which I'm very pleased with.
    However I need to step up a gear and create good goals for Feb to help the weight keep coming off.
    This group is really helping me to stay on-track.

Can I make a suggestion though...

I find that a Friday weigh-in means I go off focus over the weekend as I've lost weight. I tend to relax or even go on a bit of a bender!!!
    Might I suggest we change our weigh in day to MONDAY??!!!
    That way we stay focussed over the weekend and are more likely to succeed.

Please let me know what you think.
    Happy losing, losers!!!

It's definitely some thing we can look in to, we've always done it on a friday since the group started two years a go. but I'll speak to jdim1093 about it as he's the one that moves the spreadsheet about. I dare not touch it lol
  • Chrissee
    Chrissee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yay! I met my monthly goal. I wasn't sure I would since I was a little bit up last week. I kept pushing on and it paid off. I love the accountability of the Friday weigh in for this group. I record my weight on MFP on Mondays so the two times a week keeps me honest! :tongue:
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I had a better month than I would hope for after a gain in the first week, everyone has done a fantastic job. For what is worth I also like the friday weigh in, most groups have their weigh in on Monday its nice to have one that isnt. Thanks again for the group :flowerforyou:
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Weigh ins will stay on a friday, if anyone wants to weigh on another day, that's absolutely fine. I like weighing fridays, I don't stray at the weekend anyways :flowerforyou: