snow

Options
2»

Replies

• Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I don't have kids in school anymore! The 2010/2011 school year we had a vacation planned starting the day after classes ended. Well, we had a lot of snow days and our district had to make up days in June. My boys ended up taking their exams early so we could go on vacation - the plane tickets were paid for and non-refundable! I've lost track of how many days they have been off so far this year. There is no school today because of the funeral of a staff member, but would have probably closed due to weather anyways. And tomorrow is supposed to be brutally cold with more snow and wind.
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I am still a fan of the bright, white stuff. Made a few random snow angels yesterday just b/c I saw a bare patch of snow and decided to decorate it. Getting to play in the snow just puts me in a great mood and makes me feel like a kid again.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    in that case grum you are more than welcome to come reshovel my path to the back door, I shoveled it yesterday and today it is drifted closed with snow up past my waist
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    and the kids are home again. the 7 year old is driving the 16 year old absolutely CRAZY because she needs to run around and it's too cold to be outside for more than a few minutes. And the snow is so deep in our yard she could get lost in it.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I HATE winter, that is all.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    More snow!! :)

I am not tired of the snow - hoping for another foot or more before winter is over. Frankly, I'd prefer the govt NOT plow the roads; I enjoy the adventure of it. :)

You can just shut your dirty mouth.
    I'm very much over said snow... I want green grass, fresh air and hiking trails!!!
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I dont mind snow, unless it interferes with my running. I had to drop a run this week due to the weather, which makes me very angry! *growl*

getting out there today though, come hell or high water.... or more snow.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    We're only at 98.5 inches this season! My god, we better get crackin' if we're going to hit 300!!!
  • truddy6647
    Options
    looks likes another storm tonight into wed.........just what i dont want for my bday....snow
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Why won't it ....stop ...snowing? WHY?!?
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I just keep reminding myself that all this snow is good for lake levels and summer sailing!!!!!!
  • truddy6647
    Options
    that is great for the great lakes, however, all the extra snow needs to be removed from areas that it will most likely cause a lot of damage or flooding if it all melts quickly............I know my yard is going to be a mess this spring..............it is usually a bit muddy after the snow melts however with the amount of snow this year it will be a plan mess not just muddy but a complete mess
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    We live in a rural area on a gravel road, which is always nasty in the spring when the snow melts. It's going to be really bad this year. :(
  • Mtfd02
    Mtfd02 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Got more last here in Mqt ugh tired of below freezing weather etc, really ready for spring!
  • chanceyb33
    chanceyb33 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Snowing AGAIN! yuck can not wait to run outside! Could do it now if I was a die hard but would fall and break a leg :) treadmill it is :(
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This is so winter of 78!
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I love it when you can go to bed during a thunderstorm and wake up in a blizzard. Only in Michigan...
  • lintino
    Options
    that is great for the great lakes, however, all the extra snow needs to be removed from areas that it will most likely cause a lot of damage or flooding if it all melts quickly............I know my yard is going to be a mess this spring..............it is usually a bit muddy after the snow melts however with the amount of snow this year it will be a plan mess not just muddy but a complete mess

I know what you mean. My back yard is a flood plain!!! I am hoping it melts slow! But with temperatures in the minus category it isn't happening soon!!

We just got back from Tucson. We went from -12 to 90 and then back to -12 in about 10 days!!!! It was nothing but a big tease!
  • lintino
    Options
    Today the weather service said that this is the 2nd snowiest winter for us. The only one that was worse was in 1952. We have to have about 25 more inches. I'm happy with what we've got!!!!
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Today the weather service said that this is the 2nd snowiest winter for us. The only one that was worse was in 1952. We have to have about 25 more inches. I'm happy with what we've got!!!!

Let's do it, let's go for the record. We didn't come this far to take second place!

Oh, and I need more snowshoe time, if only the temps weren't in the in single digits and below.