February MFP Mileage challenge!

Options
davemunger
davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
Check-in here for:
February!
Remember, folks, there's a new system for recording your numbers -- you'll need to visit the spreadsheet below and record your information on the first tab. The second tab tallies the results.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkmK3myW0PepdHRMQllDc19DdEZSLTdZUUc1dnBVU0E

To get started, you need to enter your name and your GOAL for February. Let us know in the comments if you have any difficulties doing this. Then, enter your mileage each day. Everything should be automatically tallied on the second page of the spreadsheet -- please DON'T edit the second page!. Let us know if it's not working and we'll fix it!

Important: Enter your name/goal at the bottom of the list; we'll sort it periodically. It doesn't work to add a name to the middle!

*** Spreadsheet:

As usual -- to refresh the spreadsheet -> click the refresh :happy: button on your browser, or try CTRL+R then CTRL + F5 a couple of times if you are using the Windows OS, or replace the CTRL key with Command key if you are on a MAC, or, Command+R and then Command+Shift+R on a MAC. We will try to update this a few times each week, or you can always visit the Google Doc spreadsheet if you have any questions!

( --- refresh browser for latest copy --- )

February:
Feb_MFP.png

January:
Jan_MFP.png

Replies

• tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    In for 125, done 6 so far!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    First time joining--hope I am not too pathetic! Will be doing a 10K and hopefully completing it in 2 weeks. Will make my goal 50.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Well, I can see I won't be catching up with you anytime soon!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to get off these crutches on the 14th. I signed up for 75 miles for the month. Hopefully???
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    @Mel - Ouch Crouches!

@Fleet - Welcome!!!

OK I am redoing 125 this month, hoping for more.
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    In for 125!
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    In for 85 miles!
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    In for 160!
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Although I blew away my goal last month, I'm not sure i can maintain that mileage... and it is a shorter month, so I "only" put in 115.

8 done yesterday... off now for today's 3 - 4 so a good start to the month for me.

Ted
  • runningchick70
    runningchick70 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 80! Keeping my numbers low still w/ my back injury. Happy February!
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Short month + tapering for another race makes for low mileage. Only 115 for me.
  • julie_emma1
    Options
    In for 100 again and hopefully I don't get sick mid-month this time (was 4 miles short in January due to a few days off)! It's a shorter month but hopefully I can do it!
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 110 this time.
  • davemunger
    Options
    Posted the February sheet. Great start, everyone!
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Stepdaughter informed me that after getting my 50miles done in January (which may have been completed with the help of a 9pm visit to the treadmill for the last 2...!) that I should go for 55 in February.

So 55 it is! :laugh:
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    I am hoping I will be allowed to run again - at some point this month so will put some miles in to stay part of the group :bigsmile:
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Did not reach my goal last month so going to shoot for it this month 80 for me
  • arwenmakin
    arwenmakin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I'm in for 100 this month, did 120 last month but school holidays means it'll be harder to get out for one of the weeks... a lot of my running is done on the way to work and then work - school!
  • davemunger
    Options
    Can I join in? I'm in for 100 this month, did 120 last month but school holidays means it'll be harder to get out for one of the weeks... a lot of my running is done on the way to work and then work - school!

Absolutely -- just add your name / goal to the bottom of the spreadsheet following the instructions above!
  • davemunger
    Options
    Oops... Just notice a bug in the sheet where this week's miles weren't being added to the monthly tally. I fixed it now and posted an update. Great job, everyone!