GREEN TEAM-WEEK 16-THE BITTERSWEET FINALE

Options
tambam72
tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
Good Morning Ladies:
First let me say, it has been an absolute pleasure being your coach. You have rocked it every week and we are the only team that held it together through all the ups and downs through this challenge. Please give yourself on the back, YOU ALL ROCKED just for making it through!! I have learned a lot. One thing is that it is ok to have raw emotions, this journey is hard, but in order to heal and change, you must face these head on. Thank you for sharing your personal stories with me, it has helped me a lot. I am so proud of each and everyone of one. As of last night, I believe we are still the number one team!! WOW we held that spot almost the entire way, that says a lot. Remember that although this challenge is just about over, the journey continues. If you stumble and fall, please remember all the kind and encouraging words that got us through this together, know you are not alone. You get yourself up, dust off, and ROCK IT OUT like a superb GREEN TEAM LADY!! Thank you for giving me this opportunity and for giving me your best every week, that is all I could have ever asked for. It's bittersweet that it is coming to an end, as I know must let my caterpillars who turned into magnificent butterflies go and fly into this world and spread their wings. Just remember somewhere in the back of your head is your evil coach saying yes YOU CAN DO THIS!! Love you all.

Tammie
(Your Proud but Sad Coach)

Replies

• jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Its so neat to see the end in site and think wow can u believe how much fun we have had together. Today was my 14 mile training run. In 13 weeks I run my first marathon.

I am hoping Tammy we can find out how to handle they challenge. I cannot do 26.2 miles in one day. I will not but my body under that kind of stress when I am training right now for my first real marathon. Is there any way we can use accumulative runs from the week?? I don't bike. I don't swim. I walk but even putting in a 26.2 mile walk on-top of my running schedule would be well detrimental to my long term goals. Between now and next Tuesday I have completed the 14 mile training run, I have a 7 tomorrow, a 4 Saturday and a 4 Monday. Let me know what you think otherwise unfortunately I have to pass on this weeks challenge.

Thank you Tammie. Thank you ladies for an amazing couple months. I wish you all much success on your journeys from here forward and thank you for allowing me to be apart of it.
  • tambam72
    Options
    I asked that same question and I do believe it is cumulative because we get extra points for extra miles. It is basically just get in 26 miles and then everything over that is extra. I agree with at this stage trying to do that in one day would be detrimental.

So here is the challenge:
    THE CHALLENGE:

We are gonna run a marathon!!! That's right, each of us are gonna sweat out 26 miles! Don't worry though, I found this nifty little conversion chart that will help you transform your favorite gym class or workout routine into miles. Once you reach the finish line keep moving cause points will be given to the team with the most miles. You hear that Purple/Yellow, your not out of the game yet... I haven't decided exactly what the reward will be but it will definitely be enough to fill in the gap or take an outstanding lead!

Ladies we NEED to rock this challenge, we are not that far behind in points from the R/B/O team- we are 172 and they are 188 so let's ROCK THIS!! We are the NUMBER #1, let's take it all the all!! I need everyone to complete this. Please either post your totals on here or get them to me in an email. I put in almost 10 miles today so I am halfway there and then we can add up more miles.

Tammie
    (YOUR IN THE ZONE COACH)
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies:
    To clarify the challenge, yes it is cumulative, not an all or nothing thing, so I think that everyone can get this done!! Let's finish strong ladies!! Pedometers may only be used for exercise, not walking from the grocery, house work, etc... Have a great day!!

Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    Another night of rocking 9.5 miles on the elliptical in 65 minutes and 4 miles of walking.woohoo then i lifted some weights did arm dips, push ups and sit ups. My body is shaking, but I am pressing forward. I am going to try and complete 26 miles all in one day. Hope everyone is rocking it!!

Tammie
    (Your Rocking It Hard Coach)
  • jfea
    jfea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have concluded that you, Tammie, are a Biggest Loser Machine! Wow, those workouts. So I am thinking how do I personally with my abilities accomplish a marathon? We have until what time on Tuesday to complete the "26.2 miles"? I just am trying to figure out in my schedule how to do it.
  • Tolstoy26
    Tolstoy26 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sorry for being MIA this week, I live in Atlanta and if you haven't heard the city came to a complete stand still when we got a few snow flurries on Tuesday. I feel lucky that my normal 30 min commute only took me 3 hours as I know several ppl who had upwards of 18 hours spent trapped on the Interstate and had to shelter at various restaurants/stores/churchs to keep warm. Our internet was messed up at home so wasn't able to post until now.

Wednesday I did a 45 min. kickboxing workout, which totals to 5.4 miles (according to the conversion chart) and also walked a mile Tuesday and Wednesday around the neighborhood. So a total of 7.4 miles right now. Going to do another kickboxing video tonight and will walk more this weekend. I will get to 26 miles!!
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    So far:

Wednesday: 14 mile run, 1/2 mile walk
    Thursday: 7 mile run, 1/2 mile walk
    Friday: 1.25 mile walk and I plan to do yoga tonight
  • tambam72
    Options
    Awesome ladies..you are ROCKING IT!! I decided I wanted to do a marathon, so I headed to my local gym and I completed it. It took my 6 hours, but I did it. I am so proud of my pedometer that it is my profile pic for now. GO LADIES GO!! Finish strong. WE have this, let's take it all the way home!!

Tammie
    (Your Insane but Proud Coach)
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    Saturday: 4 miles of running and .5 mile walking. Marathon done. But have one more 4 mile run Monday to top it off.
  • Tolstoy26
    Options
    6.4 more miles today (45 min kickboxing video and 1 mile walk) so a total of 13.8 miles. Will be doing more kickboxing and walking tomorrow!
  • tambam72
    Options
    We so have this ladies..I did 50 minutes of Shaun T's Rockin' Body so I believe by the conversion chart that is a little over 5 miles added to the others, we have this challenge. My weight is awesome as well as I think my body finally let go of all the saline they had pushed in me for surgery and I have been pushing strong with the exercise and watching the calories strictly. Tomorrow night I will get an hour on the elliptical and an hour of spin in. ROCK IT LADIES, WE ARE TAKING THIS HOME STRONG!! I am so proud of all of you!!
  • Tolstoy26
    Options
    Great Job Ladies!! We got this!

Did a 33 min Daily Burn video (circuit training) so that equals to 3.96 miles, plus walked my dogs for 1.5 miles. So 5.46 miles today, total of 19.26 miles.
  • Tolstoy26
    Options
    37 min kickboxing video this morning, which equals 4.4 miles, total of 23.66 miles. Going to workout tomorrow morning too so that I make it to 26.2 miles.
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    Did 25 minutes of yoga yesterday and ran 4 miles this morning. Weighing in at 219.4!!! I can't believe how far we have all come in just a few short months. My journey with all of you started at 270 today. I have lost 50.4 lbs since I started with you guys. It's been an amazing journey. Congrats on all of your success!!
  • jfea
    jfea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow Jessecpowers, 50 pounds while we have been together, really really great!! So we have been socked in with snow today so instead of walking I shoveled snow for 2 hours. I think that is supposed to count for 12 miles but I wasn't quite that vigorous so I am going with 6 miles today. Other days in my "marathon": Thursday - walk for 1 hour - 4 miles; Friday - walked for 1 hour - 4 miles; Saturday -skied -all day - 10; My plan is to do some exercise video for tomorrow for a half hour since I cannot walk - so I will have completed the marathon.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Awesome..great way to finish it strong!!
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good evening Ladies;
    First let me say that I am proud of all you, you have finished this competition strong and no matter where we come in, we did awesome!! The combined totals of myself, Jesse, tolstoy, and jfea is 152.473 miles !! This is awesome ladies, give yourself a pat on the back. I have learned on this journey that I am strong and can do anything that I put my mind to or at least don;t let me mind stop. Remember ladies as you go about your journey's on your own that you are STRONG, and you can ACHIEVE anything!! It has been a pleasure to have been your coach, I will never forget you all. If you could see me through facebook, you would see the tears streaming down my face. May all of your dreams come true and may you have great successes in life!!

Tammie
    (Your sad but proud coach)
  • Tolstoy26
    Options
    So sad the challenge is over, but so proud of you all! Y'all have been an amazing inspiration to me, thank you so much Tammie for your awesome leadership of this team!!

I finished my "marathon" this morning with a 25 min circuit training video and a .5 mile walk with my dogs (3.5 miles today) for a total of 27.16 miles!! So proud of all of us for finishing strong! :flowerforyou: