Looking for computer weight loss pal

Options
blueyegal
blueyegal Posts: 5 Member
Hello all! I am a 30 year old mother of two. I have an amazing support system at home which is why I"m so disgusted with myself these days. Last year around this time I set a goal of losing 50lbs. Of course I need to lose a lot more than that but I thought if I said a smaller number I wouldn't get so discouraged and quit. However I never lost that 50lbs and instead gained another 23lbs instead. So here I am at 324.8 lbs and with an amazing active family I am unable to keep up with. My children are both healthy and athletic as well as my husband and here I am on the sidelines watching the fun. I'm not really interested in a number to lose at this point I"ll take anything i want to be healthier and more active. If I stay at 300lbs so be it but I want to be able to run the yard with the kids or play twister without fear my arms and legs wont hold my weight and I hurt one of them by falling.

This post may not make a lot of sense to some but I thought just sharing a little about me would help some. I'm not an opening up type person I would never go to weight watchers and share with a group or to anyone else. I am a hide behind the computer type of sharer and I think that's ok it works for me. I was just wondering if there were others out there like me. I have friends that need to lose weight same as me but they're not interested or I have friends who need to lose 20-30lbs that I"m just not on same wave length with. I want to know what someone my size, with my limitations does to stay on track. I've tried it alone and I don't last. Bad knee, back pain, belly makes that horrible floppy smack sound doing jumping jacks that makes me cringe.
I've always been a bigger person but I've always been an active healthy bigger person so its never bothered me but these last 2 years I've put on more weight and my body is getting older and I just can't keep up any more and that scares me. I go to the doctor and have all the blood tests ran and it's the same I am a perfectly healthy morbidly obese person. I think it almost makes it worse in my mind. There are people with cholesterol and diabetes and many other problems/condition and here I am lucky enough to not have to deal with that and I'm just letting myself get fatter and fatter until I do have those problems. When do i wake up and get on track?

Anyway I need to get ready for work and just wanted to put out there that I'm here and will continue to use this thread to continue my journey with any thoughts that come up for the days to come. I want to be held accountable for what I eat and do during the days. I want to know any tricks you have that you do while sitting doing nothing. Any ways you relieve the aches and pains from carrying around your body. Feelings you have throughout the day. Anything. I just need a place to rant and if you do too I'd love for you to do it here and maybe we can be a help to each other or even just an annoying person in each others lives that get us through the day lol. Thanks! and hope to hear from some people soon.

Replies

• SuppaModel
    SuppaModel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm a 36 year old mother of three and I understand. I would love to chat and support each other. I have way more than you to lose but I would like to share experiences.
  • blueyegal
    Options
    That's great! I was beginning to think I was on my own lol. I haven't had too much success lately in losing weight, I'm doing the down a pound one week, up a pound. So for almost 2 months now I've been preparing myself to lose weight. (Am I the only person that does that?) I gave up caffeine which I guess is more of me giving up the sugar because of soda and tea oh how I love sweet tea, but I actually found some other things to drink. It took awhile but I actually like fruit punch crystal light in my water. (i've tried tons and I just don't like the different flavors) I've slowly cleaned out junk in the house and replaced it with healthier alternatives.

I'm ready to hit it hard core now so hope to have some results to actually post about soon. I'm trying out walk away the pounds DVD's I heard they are good but haven't tried them myself in the past I've always done Jillian Michael's 30 day shred but my body just can't handle that at this point. All I've done so far is parked farther away at stores a small thing but it was something. Have you tried any dvd's that work for you? I'm having trouble with dinner foods too. I'm trying to keep low calorie but its the same thing over and over.
  • blueyegal
    Options
    Well been doing the Walk away the pounds DVD (just the 18 minute 1 mile) for 7 days now and watching what I eat. I've gained .8lbs not a huge gain but a gain nonetheless. A bit discouraging when I think of all the times I was hungry and ignored it, I'm hoping its a muscle gain maybe but we'll see. I'm only measuring inches once a month. That's all the update I have this week. Hopefully next week is better.
  • Valereee
    Valereee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds good. If you continue to do that every day you'll see results. You're wise to get going on this when you're 30 years old. At age 30 I was over 300 pounds but could still swim, bike ride, walk through malls all day. At age 30 all my blood work was perfect too, no diabetes, no high blood pressure. But it seems all those bad things came with age and eventually caught up with me. I sure wish I'd buckled down and done something earlier. Now I'm 57 and can't keep up with my grandchildren and I'm really missing out. I also have diabetes, high BP, etc., etc. Worse of all my knees are bone-on-bone arthritis and it makes walking extremely hard & painful.

I'm not trying to scare you -- I just want you to know that you've made a wise decision to do this NOW, at age 30. Now is the time, so please stick with it. Feel free to add me and I can try to encourage you! Oh, and keep up the good work!!!